Duff Daddy

You spent what on a 2v build.........

I had a build thread on snforums but I realized I never made one here, although I did tell people I sold it a few years ago. Here is the quick version of what happened.

Purchased May 2008, 100% bone stock besides some clear headlights and a radio. After a few months I put a stainless Magnaflow Catback and life was grand. Later in the year the intake manifold cracked and so the check book came out. Installed Patriot Ported and polished heads, Comp 270 cams, PI FRPP manifold, Trick Flow elbow, FRPP 75mm TB, 38lb injectors, walbro 255, Frpp shorty headers and, bbk off road h and some steeda under drive pullies.

2008 came and went, 2009 didn't lead much for play but a shit load of track passes, from May until Aug I made over 80 passes, netted a best of 12.67 @112 and a 1.62 60' on that set up. All with a stock clutch and 8.5" slicks. Suspension was HPM Mega Bite Jr's, Cut rear springs, with 4cy fox springs and tokico adjustibles all around.

Fall of 2009, I was using 1qt per 3 1/4 passes and 1qt of oil per 100-150 miles driven. So I tore in to the top end, replaced valve seals and rechecked compression. All was fine at this time, drove it but still had some oil useage. Come October 31 11:30 am, I dropped the motor, took it off the k, put the k back in the car and that was the last time it ran. By 1:30 the car was rolling and mobile.

Jan 2010, I found a killer deal on one of the best motors made. I got a Modular Performance built, Teksid block from a NMRA Record setting build. This shortblock was the twin to Jim StCharles NMRA Factory Stock car. I had my Cylinder heads sent out, touched up, changed a few things and bolted on a new set of cams.

Spring time came and the heads were bolted on, degreed and other goodies all bolted on.

Jan 2011 The car was shipped out to have an auto trans swap, fuel lines made and a few touches made. This is where it all hit the fan. I had my son in Oct of 2010, Left my job with Chrysler of 7 years in March of 2011, and moved 3 times over the next 12 months..... Money was hard, life was focused on my son and keeping my family fed.

Fast forward to Aug 17th 2013, first time, first crank, car fired up with NO MAF, NO VACUUM HARNESS, NO TUNE, AND ON E85.

Engine Specs :

1999 Teksid Block

1999 F150 Truck crankshaft

Manley Sportsmaster rods with ARP 2000 bolts

Custom Diamond pistons with notches

H13 piston pins

Total Seal custom SS ring pack

Fedearal Mogul HP series 149 main and 7520 rod bearings

Arp Main Studs

MMR Race Oil pan (not pretty but holy hell does it hold alot of oil

Inovaters west stock drive/diameter balancer

Top End

Bullitt Racing games (Steve Duffy Performance Spec/Grind)

PI Cylinder heads

Edelbrock manifold

Reichard Racing intake elbow

Accufab 90mm Throttle Body

90mm Lightning MAF

American Racing Headers with Dyno Max Bullit

Fuel

e85

255 Walbro Fuel pump

Aeromotive fpr

38 lb/hr

Ignition

Stock for the most part

Trans

Built c4 out of THE "Cobra X" John Tymensky ran in early 2000's

Dynamic 7.5" Converter 6800 Stall

B&M Ratchet shifter

Trans brake off Manual reverse valve body

Suspension

Front afco 12 175 or 14 150

Strange 10 way adjustable with coil over kit

First generation qa1 K with a arms

Rear strange 10 way adjustable shocks

too many rear springs to list

Team z rear pro kit with upper, lower, arb

SOS 8.8 brace kit

Rear Axle

33 Spline Moser Axles

33 Spline Moser Spool

C clip eliminators

I think that covers most of it for now. Pictures to follow...

Edited by Duff Daddy

Photo Section

Day I got it..

mutang2iv3.jpg

Day of tear town

dsc01941w.jpg

Hour and a half later....

dsc01950su.jpg

Heads getting prepped to be shipped to MHS

dsc02027t.jpg

Manifold with rails

img0771g.jpg

Waiting for motor install...

img0454n.jpg

What a stud

img1909h.jpg

Flat tops? yeeep, and above deck a smige too

img1898vf.jpg

Degreed up, ground keyways and made it within .25 degree left to right

img1929ur.jpg

All Together

img2961d.jpg

I think thats good for now? eh?

post-3-13881839302006_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duff Daddy

First of all I wanna say a big fuck you .... Jk I was shocked when you said you sold it sometime ago but I love surprises , what a stout little combo and with the built c4 with 6800 stall and a brake she's goona leave like a bat outta hell

- - - Updated - - -

Lol when you posted the pic on the trailer the other day I must have been drunk or stoned or both I didn't notice the hood that's sweet

Edited by Musturd

SOOO.....

Ok my super sexy elbow and reducer came in.....clamp less however here was a quick mock up....

1) Need to trim 1 tube shorter to get it to...line up behind the header panel and work with the headlight intake im making.

2) need to bend/twist the other pipe to i may use to clearance the cam gear on the cam covers/ fuel pressure reg.

here are some photos..... youll see what i mean...

fgbt.jpg

lvhf.jpg

64t5.jpg

98yb.jpg

I am going to plastidip it black so you wont know what it is and maybe think tis a 500.00 jlt intake :) ....

Already have the lense off, cutting the back out and then going to make it fit through the header panel. Should work fine. I will plastidip the inner part of the reflector black, and I have an old set of headlight covers to use to keep bugs and water off the filter when its sitting or in transport....

749t.jpg

Intake plenum is reichard racing

throttle body is a 90mm accufab

intake manifold is the edelbrock victor jr

I've looked at the Vic jr intake for mine. Figure the cast would hold up better than plastic if there was a nitrous backfire. Haha

Here is where I started with the head light intake today....

I did both left and right sides, left first just incase i didnt like how it turned out, i could change before I had to make it work (only had 2 right side lenses)

hxlf.jpg

s18i.jpg

749t.jpg

9hlh.jpg

1vcz.jpg

I will plastidip it black after I get it all set

Sooo, tomorrow is the day I have a few things on the list to bang out.

1) Trim intake to fit behind headlight

2) remove headlight and trim header panel

3) Seal cooling system and bleed (motor off,battery hooked up to charger during bleed process

4) install oe rack bushings and remove off set shit bushings.

Here is where I started with the head light intake today....

I did both left and right sides, left first just incase i didnt like how it turned out, i could change before I had to make it work (only had 2 right side lenses)

hxlf.jpg

s18i.jpg

749t.jpg

9hlh.jpg

1vcz.jpg

I will plastidip it black after I get it all set

Sooo, tomorrow is the day I have a few things on the list to bang out.

1) Trim intake to fit behind headlight

2) remove headlight and trim header panel

3) Seal cooling system and bleed (motor off,battery hooked up to charger during bleed process

4) install oe rack bushings and remove off set shit bushings.

look at you following my guideline step by step on the headlight intake lol

Saturday ....funday... Woke up 6am headed an hour to work, and started beating metal and making shiit happen

To do list:

Figure out electric water pump

Bleed Cooling system

Install new rack bushings (replacing off set)

Install shifter and adjust cable

Fabricate intake/finish headlight ducting

Everything went well, I had an issue with wring on the electric water pump and found it was blowing a 25 amp fuse, normal load is 11-13 amps. I checked and ohmed out the wiring everything was ok, checked for a short and the circuit had good continuity. I finally pulled the pump, found tons of metal shavings in the inlet from the pump. I taped up all the ports, ground the face of the housing(that faces the valley) and clearanced the motor off the block 1/16". I did lube the pump/gasket with Vaseline. Added 2.25 gal's of cooalnt and bled that bitch WITH THE MOTOR OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rack bushings came out and on easy, just need my new CC plates and set up the coil overs. I have a slight toe issue on the right front, not sure if im just going to align it and deal with it or buy a new rack and go manual? Eh

B&M Pro Ratchet is in, cable and adjusted, my care can now move under its own power......well once i get brakes i can :)

img33685272583.jpg

Intake headlight was done the other day. Now I just had to clearance the header panel, and radiator core support, cut intake tube and get everything set up.

few pics of the opening.

8ecc.jpg

dwcf.jpg

And you can see how much of the filter will get direct air by it in the headlight housing.

1vcz.jpg

The filter will fit behind the core support, I would have to cut too much away for it to move up but honestly in this intake is 50 in silicone hose adapters/bends, 5 in clamps, and a 30.00 Filter.....jlt suck it

Thats it up to date. I have to start a list of the little things but the only major thing I have left is the spool, and front suspension work really.

No getting the car out track closes NOV 1, opens APRIL 1.... No rush have too much to do and have too many other things going on Im hoping a pass on or by June 1 of next year will be nice. Disney in the spring, Wife wants to be back at MW next year so who knows....