Sleeperstang1994

Through floor questions

So. Im working on doing my first set of through floors. And so far... Not so bad. Here's my first questions and some pictures to illustrate. The front rail is in fine. Perfect I might add. I cut the rear rail out today. Cut my steel and slide it in the hole( giggity [MENTION=10]WildWillyWalker[/MENTION]) now. The rear frame rail dips down from where it enters at the floor pan towards to area where my IRS subframe bolts in the front. If I leave the rail level, it's way to low to match up with the front rail. Also there is a gap between the rail And the bottom inside of the original subframe rail. However if I hammer the rail down in the back to line the front up, there is a gap on the too of the rail. I think the last way is the way to go. But I'm looking for some opinions or insight from anyone who has done this. Sorry for the book... Here's the picturese6eqyvun.jpgpemuzare.jpga3y8uqe8.jpgqadebuha.jpghyruha3a.jpgubyzuje2.jpg

I heated my square tube up and bent it a bit to go with the floor contour better for the rear section . I basically copied my friends wolf race craft through floors

I heated my square tube up and bent it a bit to go with the floor contour better for the rear section . I basically copied my friends wolf race craft through floors

I put a set of Wolfe through floors. Best set up in my opinion. Everything fit well. 2yhana8a.jpga4ypyhyp.jpg

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do the wolfe ones rest on the bottom inside of the front frame rail? it looks like your rails are more "under" the car where mine are mostly on the inside? I know the main goal is to get every thing welded up good. however I would like to weld the most area I can

do the wolfe ones rest on the bottom inside of the front frame rail? it looks like your rails are more "under" the car where mine are mostly on the inside? I know the main goal is to get every thing welded up good. however I would like to weld the most area I can

Yeah it's more under. How it fits is that it pinches itself between the back seat edge and the v in the floor inbetween the front drivers seats mount and the front is angled to fit infront of the front sub frame and the rear goes back and connects the rear. I'll shoot some bottom shots tonight or tomorrow and show ya.

After welding most edges I seam sealed all edges of through floors top and bottom

There are two out riggers that connect the pinch welds to the center frame that the cage sits on

so basically instead of moving down after the v in the floor ( how I have it now) yours comes down before the v? Pictures would be great lol

Yeah it slots before the v lol I'll look. I don't have many on my phone but I got some on the comp at home

screw me for wanting to make my own lol. well i guess i will bring home my angle gauge from work and see what i come up with. Im guessing as long as i get a decent weld into the rear rail the "angle" shouldn't really play any roll in the stiffening effect. other that taking up space in the rear seat.

so basically instead of moving down after the v in the floor ( how I have it now) yours comes down before the v? Pictures would be great lol

Many pics gegyvamu.jpgebarene7.jpge9ype5ub.jpgvahajaqa.jpgsu5u4epe.jpg

Awesome [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION] that is exactly what i needed to see. your front rail bottoms were cut out and the tubing extends through the original rail. Thanks man i really appreciate that. I envy your work area big time BTW

Awesome [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION] that is exactly what i needed to see. your front rail bottoms were cut out and the tubing extends through the original rail. Thanks man i really appreciate that. I envy your work area big time BTW

Thanks man! No prob. Took me two days to get the pics for ya lol but I came through! Don't leave me negative feedback!! Hahaha lol! Can't wait to see your pics when it's done!!

Lol how soon does it start snowing over there man

Sometimes October sometimes not till jan over here on the east coast

Sometimes October sometimes not till jan over here on the east coast

Instagram @Rolocut

Crazy yea I'm a west coast mofo ... I hope I get a lot of snow this year ... Last years Plowing days were pitiful ....

we had snow on Halloween last year. still fairly warm for now. I have been getting estimates on having my garage built so im sort of hoping it holds off for a while. really need the global warming to pull through this year!

we had snow on Halloween last year. still fairly warm for now. I have been getting estimates on having my garage built so im sort of hoping it holds off for a while. really need the global warming to pull through this year!

Wasent it 2 years ago we got snow on Halloween? It's like global cooling with only one heat wave up here in ct all year and that was over the 4th of July

Wasent it 2 years ago we got snow on Halloween? It's like global cooling with only one heat wave up here in ct all year and that was over the 4th of July

Instagram @Rolocut

it might have been 2 years ago. it all just runs together. the only reason I remember is I had a brand new Roush 427R to test drive and I couldn't even get it into the shop lol

it might have been 2 years ago. it all just runs together. the only reason I remember is I had a brand new Roush 427R to test drive and I couldn't even get it into the shop lol

Lol yeah that was 2 years ago on the freak storm 95% of ct lost power. I was out 9 days lol was a mess. Luckly I had my trusty wrx to get me through everything