Rolocut

Questions for anyone with a 3+ inch hood

So I built an awesome elbow for my car

sa6ubahy.jpge4y2aduh.jpg7utu4ada.jpg

Sits a bit high, I have a 2.5 cowel. I'm going to need people to chime in with looks and I need specs on distributor height to bottom of hood

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zyvyjaba.jpghesy7ape.jpgedehupab.jpg

No easy way to measure lol [MENTION=5]Det_Riot[/MENTION]

This is a quick idea I got in my head and I don't hate it

Eh, I hate that hood. so anything you do with it i'll be biased against it hahah

Lol your misunderstanding me lol.. This hood is garbage I had down back I cut up in like 4 min to see how it would look haha

[MENTION=59]95opal[/MENTION]

Look at one of the pics with the hood on the elbow and you'll see a red cobra hood. That hood came on the 95 cobra I was parting. It's a double r hood with custom molded in those ugly non functional scoops

Edited by Rolocut

Idk to cut my hood or find a hood that will fit but the problem is you can't return a hood and it's like 130 to ship

I couldn't cut a hole in the hood and be happy with it. If you want to keep the intake then get a hood that will clear everything. Just understand you'll probably need a 5-6" hood and if you do a lot of street driving you'll have to be extra careful because of the added blindspot. Right hand turns especially. If you're just drag racing then it's not too bad. I'm actually going the other way....from a 6" to 3" cowl.

My crazy idea:

Get a 3-3.5" Cobra R hood and a Mach 1 hood. Graft the center cowl of the mach hood into the middle of the Cobra R hood and fill in the shaker hole. You'll get more height in the middle area but not at the rear edge of the cowl. Not sure exactly what it will look like but in my head it looks kinda cool.

a lot of places offer free shipping. boss inc hoods are 400 free shipping. I think cervinis offers free shipping now

I've been looking. Boss hoods you pay to ship but free terminal pick up which is cool since ups and fed ex are on same street as my new work. Perks of living in a town with an airport lol.. But sadly boss hood like yours Brian looks to small, though I love your hood idk if Ill get the clearance but I'm talking about return shipping, spending the money is not the issue. It's all about if if fits or not. There's a mustangs unlimited in the area +-20 min, may try a 4 inch rr hood and see

My crazy idea:

Get a 3-3.5" Cobra R hood and a Mach 1 hood. Graft the center cowl of the mach hood into the middle of the Cobra R hood and fill in the shaker hole. You'll get more height in the middle area but not at the rear edge of the cowl. Not sure exactly what it will look like but in my head it looks kinda cool.

I can't picture liking that. Would look like a fender bendered 70s firebird from smokey and the bandit lol

the boss is listed as a 3.5". I'll grab you a measurement once I get my car back home (at my buddy's house currently) They're listed as a 3.5" cowl but idk about forward.....

I couldn't cut a hole in the hood and be happy with it. If you want to keep the intake then get a hood that will clear everything. Just understand you'll probably need a 5-6" hood and if you do a lot of street driving you'll have to be extra careful because of the added blindspot. Right hand turns especially. If you're just drag racing then it's not too bad. I'm actually going the other way....from a 6" to 3" cowl.

I think the 5-6 inch cowels are ugly, I like the step of the rr hoods. Personally I do think a cut hood for the polished piping and intake would look pretty cool all done up nice after looking at it in person for 2-3 hours lol but It will be second choice to a good looking hood that has no holes.

I can't picture liking that. Would look like a fender bendered 70s firebird from smokey and the bandit lol

You saw that i said to fill in the shaker hole right? Otherwise, I don't understand the similarity to a 70's firebird lol

the boss is listed as a 3.5". I'll grab you a measurement once I get my car back home (at my buddy's house currently) They're listed as a 3.5" cowl but idk about forward.....

Cool man. Your hood def looks higher then my cobra hood but mines a 2.5 cervini old school one. This hood came off my car dented my roof in and came off at 110 with zero issues and put it right back on with almost no body work

I just keep thinking LMRs vette with the cut hood vugana4u.jpg

[MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION]. he's saying take a 3-3 1/2" cobra R and a stock mach 1. Cut off the top of mach one hood, see here:

a.jpg

and graft it on the center section of the 3-3 1/2" cobra R

You saw that i said to fill in the shaker hole right? Otherwise, I don't understand the similarity to a 70's firebird lol

Lol it will still be a bubble I presume. Don't those cars have the bump in the middle of the hood in the shape of a pentagon or is that the cuda... My young age is showing now lol.., born in the 90s

Lol it will still be a bubble I presume. Don't those cars have the bump in the middle of the hood in the shape of a pentagon or is that the cuda... My young age is showing now lol.., born in the 90s

Haha not sure, maybe I'll photoshop it tomorrow and see what it would look like out of my own curiosity lol

i know your not using that black hood. but geez that is hideous looking!

Lol hell yeah it is man. Hence why it got a hole saw and a free hand saw zaw to it with way to aggressive of a blade haha

i think this one would look nasty on your car

3d231051.jpg

I agree. Who's hood is that?

Haha not sure, maybe I'll photoshop it tomorrow and see what it would look like out of my own curiosity lol

Deal!! I like doing different and cool things. I'm

Just narrow minded lol

[MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION]. he's saying take a 3-3 1/2" cobra R and a stock mach 1. Cut off the top of mach one hood, see here:

a.jpg

and graft it on the center section of the 3-3 1/2" cobra R

I seem to be having a brain fart on how to do this. Stock Mach 1 is steel if I'm not mistaken. The whole cut off the top thing, like which part? Center section of hood? Im lost lol

Did you look at H.O. Fibertrends? There are ways of measuring to see if his hood will fit before he ships them out. This is what I did: lay a stiff piece of wood across the fenders, make sure it's equal distance from the back corners on both sides. Measure from the back corner to the front of your highest point, then where it is from left or right and how high it is.

Hoodmeasurements_zps50c9cdb1.jpg

IMG_6875_zps75f55b3a.jpg

IMG_6874_zps2c70c16b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just out of curiosity, why is the throttle body pointing forwards as opposed to facing the right side?

- - - Updated - - -

and FYI this is the one I have: http://www.hofibertrends.com/1994-1998mustang312inchcowlinductionhood.aspx

[MENTION=21]Steve-Oh[/MENTION]

I set it forward since it's an intercooled set up and I need to have the piping actually go out to the drivers side off the tb. And I couldn't angle to towards drivers side because of throttle cable and if I flip tb over the ugly ass iac off a 3rd gen Camaro so that wasent an option. Only logical way would be to go forward. Plus it looks bad ass and unique forward

Edited by Rolocut

@Steve-Oh

I set it forward since it's an intercooled set up and I need to have the piping actually go out to the drivers side off the tb. And I couldn't angle to towards drivers side because of throttle cable and if I flip tb over the ugly ass iac off a 3rd gen Camaro so that wasent an option. Only logical way would be to go forward. Plus it looks bad ass and unique forward

Instagram @Rolocut

Copy that! Well like I said, try H.O. Fibertrends and he should be able to help you out to verify whether their hood will fit or not before purchase.

Copy that! Well like I said, try H.O. Fibertrends and he should be able to help you out to verify whether their hood will fit or not before purchase.

Thanks man!!