blwnbyu

Who's running tubular K's????

i have been running a d and d since 2001 with no trouble , there are some nice pieces out there like the team z and mm mine is for a 94-95 car thats why i went with it , it makes it so nice working under car now with all the extra room .

Looking at both the UPR ones and Team-Z ones I can't really see them being much different.  They both have pretty much the exact same construction and both can be bought in chromoly, or in UPR talk "Chrome Moly".  Maybe tube diameters are smaller and use Chinese steel on the UPR one?  I do know that the MM one is way more elaborately made, combination of square & round tubing and various cross bracing.  Visually I would say the MM piece is stronger than all of them but it could be at a cost of weight, I'd be willing to strip it down and weigh mine to compare to someones Team-Z one.

@Steve-Oh I was watching some of Team Z's product vids a few weeks ago and I noticed them showing products of a "competitor" that they would not name and you could tell it was UPR. From what I saw the material from Team Z is typically thicker and stronger with a better fit, based off those videos. I have not seen them in person to compare fact to fiction but I haven't heard of anyone bad mouthing Team Z so it's hard to say. But they said they even give you the upgraded hardware for free while the "competitor" charges extra... So take it for what it is but that's the info I've found so far

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

@Steve-Oh  From what I saw the material from Team Z is typically thicker and stronger with a better fit, based off those videos. I have not seen them in person to compare fact to fiction but I haven't heard of anyone bad mouthing Team Z so it's hard to say. But they said they even give you the upgraded hardware for free while the "competitor" charges extra... So take it for what it is but that's the info I've found so far

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Did they actually cut open the k-member to see the thickness of the tubing, or did just the OD of the tubing look bigger?  Im just playing devil's advocate here, not trying to piss anyone off :)  Everyone says you get what you pay for, but I cannot seem to identify WHY you get what you pay for with these things.

I stick with what I know. IMO you get what you pay for... I'd rather pay $$$$ for something that's guaranteed like the MM k member which I can say first hand is a very well designed piece that I'll never have any doubts about it failing.

peace of mind is worth the money to me.