Psychorugby

Fox TB Conversion

• Moderators

I'm sure this has been asked ad nauseum, but in order to do the Fox throttle body conversion, can all of the parts be purchased new or do I need to start scouring the junk yards?

You can buy everything new.. I ordered most my stuff off amazon.  I went with all motorcraft sensors but you can also get aftermarket ones for about half the price.

You'll need a new TPS, you can use your oem iac but it looks weird on there so most go with the fox iac, fox throttle cable, egr spacer, and throttle cable bracket which I found a billet one that you can get either polished or black much cheaper than a shitty oem one. 

I JUST went thru all of this so if you have any questions let me know.. What sort of throttle body are you going to run?

No reason I can see why you wouldn't be able to buy everything new.

Not sure how available the info is on this so here's a pic of my buddy's SN. Never know, you might want it for reference sometime. 

DSC05906_zpsa58edc07.jpg

• Moderators

Awesome guys, thanks!

@blwnbyu I will be running the same intake and TB as you.  I'm out of money for right now, but this was on my research list and I didn't know where to begin.  I really would prefer putting new stuff in the engine bay since it is all stripped down and getting smoothed.  I'd love your Amazon shopping list.

@Whiplash473 The info is out there, but all of the pictures are dead links, so I really appreciate the picture.

• Moderators

Thanks @blwnbyu!  That bracket looks great and will definitely fit into my engine bay scheme.  I will definitely be picking your brain when I get closer to assembling that part of the motor.  Now to find the rest of these parts so I can piece meal it together without the wife noticing.

No prob. I usually go on rockauto and find part numbers and then search the part number on amazon prime for faster shipping and a better price. CJPP has most of the parts you need as well. Shop around for the tb. I paid $299 shipped for the tb and 2" spacer on cyber monday. The spacer is 95 on its own. I ended up needed the 3/8 spacer instead tbough so now I have the 2" for sale. My discharge pipe just barely touched the shock tower with the 2"

To save money initially you can reuse your old I a c but it does look really funny on there.

Did you retain cruise control?  I think the bracket is different...

Chris the mc throttle cable bracket isn't set up for CC might want to think about deleting that lame option on your beast. Makes for one less cable, one less vacume line, more room and less weight in the fender well and a much cleaner bay. :)

• Moderators

Chris the mc throttle cable bracket isn't set up for CC might want to think about deleting that lame option on your beast. Makes for one less cable, one less vacume line, more room and less weight in the fender well and a much cleaner bay. :)

I want to delete it since I only used it on long trips and this isn't my daily any longer... but the steering wheel...

I want to delete it since I only used it on long trips and this isn't my daily any longer... but the steering wheel...

Uggg could have done it last week when we did the tuck..no biggie takes 5 minutes to do. Steering wheel? whats the problem there?

• Moderators

Uggg could have done it last week when we did the tuck..no biggie takes 5 minutes to do. Steering wheel? whats the problem there?

Right and when we were doing it, I was wavering between keeping it or not.  You said there might be a bracket.  Now I see cruise control is kinda useless.  Problem with the steering wheel is the cruise control buttons.  I assume I can just take them off some way or other.

Right and when we were doing it, I was wavering between keeping it or not.  You said there might be a bracket.  Now I see cruise control is kinda useless.  Problem with the steering wheel is the cruise control buttons.  I assume I can just take them off some way or other.

You can wire your nitrous set up to those switches :rolleyes:

• Moderators

the only way to go lol

Very true.  I'd like to enjoy a build that takes as long as this one will for longer than 5 minutes though.  I love you... this went from a Fox TB shopping list to wire the cruise control switches up to nitrous so Chris can die LOL!

Very true. I'd like to enjoy a build that takes as long as this one will for longer than 5 minutes though. I love you... this went from a Fox TB shopping list to wire the cruise control switches up to nitrous so Chris can die LOL!

That's how it always goes

I haven't had cruise for years, my steering wheel buttons just don't do anything. I haven't found myself missing cruise yet.

On the sensors, I will second @blwnbyu, get Ford sensors. I made the mistake of getting some cheap aftermarket TPS sensor and I could NOT get the damn car to idle for the life of me. Bought a new ford sensor, adjusted it to the right voltage position and the car idled just fine. Go with Ford sensors the first time around and save yourself the headache.

I know the majority of parts are made in China. However when you buy a manufactures part over aftermarket, that part/ sensor is made to the manufactures specs. Usually more strict than say "dura last". Plus I work at a ford dealer... Ford parts for FORD cars! :)

• Moderators

I know the majority of parts are made in China. However when you buy a manufactures part over aftermarket, that part/ sensor is made to the manufactures specs. Usually more strict than say "dura last". Plus I work at a ford dealer... Ford parts for FORD cars! :)

And do you get discounts on said Ford parts...?

@Psychorugby i have a fox accelerator cable in the shed i can sell. so ill see if i can get the throttle bracket from ford. im making the assumption youll be using an aftermarket throttle body and EGR spacer or delete plate?

• Moderators

@Psychorugby i have a fox accelerator cable in the shed i can sell. so ill see if i can get the throttle bracket from ford. im making the assumption youll be using an aftermarket throttle body and EGR spacer or delete plate?

I'll be getting aftermarket bracket per @95opal and @blwnbyu.  Let me know how much for the throttle cable.  Definitely want to know how much for TPS and IAC.

TPS - CX1133 - $52.00

IAC valve - CX1824 - $87.85

these are my prices so id just ask for you to pay shipping. not sure if you can try to get them cheaper so i included the P/N's. Ill sell you the throttle cable for $30 shipped. its this exacit cable...just used http://www.cjponyparts.com/accelerator-cable-with-manual-transmission-50-1986-1993/p/ACC36/

• Moderators

TPS - CX1133 - $52.00

these are my prices so id just ask for you to pay shipping. not sure if you can try to get them cheaper so i included the P/N's. Ill sell you the throttle cable for $30 shipped. its this exacit cable...just used http://www.cjponyparts.com/accelerator-cable-with-manual-transmission-50-1986-1993/p/ACC36/

I'll take the cable for sure... PMing you for PayPal info!

TPS - CX1133 - $52.00

Sadly Amazon sells it cheaper

im honestly not surprised. its all about volume. i guarantee that amazon sells more than our dealer. We even have a contract with CJ's so i imagine that we have them cheaper than most dealers. Thats why i posted up the P/N's, i know what my budget looks like so if i can help at all ill do what i can.

Just some options for you guys doing this, i took a different approach. I used OEM IAC which works great and control idle better then a fox and just swapped throttle position senson plug from the fox 90mm to the sn style. Then i rotated the throttle body so the ugly IAC is on the bottom and the tps on the side and the iac on the top, then got a locar univeral throttle cable and made my own mount and cable.

asu6yjup.jpgygejybu9.jpgrebysugu.jpg9egajubu.jpg

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys
Instagram @rolocut
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just some options for you guys doing this, i took a different approach. I used OEM IAC which works great and control idle better then a fox and just swapped throttle position senson plug from the fox 90mm to the sn style. Then i rotated the throttle body so the ugly IAC is on the bottom and the tps on the side and the iac on the top, then got a locar univeral throttle cable and made my own mount and cable.

asu6yjup.jpgygejybu9.jpgrebysugu.jpg9egajubu.jpg

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram @Rolocut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You also have alot more clearance over the valve cover as opposed to someone with a regular intake... Just food for thought

I built this elbow to be exactly the same height and throttle body flange spot as my stock systemax manifold with 1 inch spacer, anyone who has a maniofld could accomplish this feat with the same feat. Easy way to test, rotate and check, if does not work, try the conventional way. @blwnbyu

Bumping a real old thread here. I've been reading into the fox swap and have read that people have issues with aftermarket throttle cables. Can anyone testify to this?

@Rolocut, with the throttle body in the configuration you have it, would the fox IAC fit in the down low position?

I haven't had a problem, I've driven my car over 5k miles this year and about 2000 the year before. Used fox cable was an option for me but due to making my own bracket to hold the throttle cable and the issue with the tb spacer being what the stock throttle cable bolts onto. Locar was the way to go for my application. feel free to text me Brian as i do not get on here as much as much as i should. @det_riot 

• Moderators

Awesome pics!  Thanks!  I've saved these for when the time comes... which, at the rate I work, will be in about 24 years.

• Moderators

I have a fox cable now if anyone is looking lol along with a Wilson 90mm fox t/b, intake elbow, and fox tps sensor

Not knowing any better... how does the Wilson t/b compare to Accufab?