RockinHrse_98

Which Front Bumper Cover?

Ok, controversial topic here, but I just want opinions. I need my front bumper painted, clear coat is peeling off. I'm on the fence on just having my stock bumper resprayed and maybe throwing on a chin spoiler or going with the Cobra front bumper cover. I am NOT making it into a Fobra, if anything it'd just be the front bumper.  I like keeping things looking like it could have came from the factory, not a big fan of most aftermarket bumper covers, but if you know of any that look clean, post a picture of them. I know this is a controversial topic, but like I said, I am NOT making a Fobra either way. Just looking for opinions. 

Top 2 pictures are of my car so you can get an idea of what I'm working with 

image_zpsc8bc021c.jpeg

image5_zps824f3331.jpeg

I know everyone knows most if not all of these cars, I'm just posting them for reference since they're the same color and combo I'm thinking of. PICTURES ARE NOT MINE, just posted for comparison.

Cobra

smokedlightschop_zps06afbb37.jpg

1888620_10152610324664638_443859637_n_zp

IMG_8124_zpsee55fbaf.jpg

GT with Chin Spoiler

007_zpsd2ce8e5a.jpg

adjusted4_zps6f5b7613.jpg

adjusted5_zpsed46a4cd.jpg

i personally dig the stock GT front bumper, but the Cobra one does look nice also.  No one here is going to judge you on what your preference is. 

WHAT DO YOU LIKE?     oh you like this one better?   DO IT!!    :2thumb:

I'm not a huge fan of the chin spoiler on the GT bumper so of those two choices I'd probably pick the Cobra bumper.  If you wanted the GT look with a little more attitude you could try something like this, it's Wings West #890110

890110.jpg

I think with the side exhaust you need something extra to pull the front bumper down. That being said I think a Saleen kit would look killer or ever the stalker style front bumper that @tony had

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

with your side exhaust you can get away with a lower hanging bumper. in fact i think it needs it lol. 

heres my stalker front if you'd be interested in what they look like installed correctly

a8fe4f47-c76e-4da9-baa6-eba28baff6c7_zps

5c48daa9-9448-4bd9-a220-3bd555d74728_zps

Appreciate the input everybody. If I go back with the GT bumper I'm at least going to shave the tag hole. I hate that.

i personally dig the stock GT front bumper, but the Cobra one does look nice also.  No one here is going to judge you on what your preference is. 

WHAT DO YOU LIKE?     oh you like this one better?   DO IT!!    :2thumb:

Appreciate the input man. See that's my issue, I like both of them. I am terrible at making decisions like that lol.

I'm not a huge fan of the chin spoiler on the GT bumper so of those two choices I'd probably pick the Cobra bumper.  If you wanted the GT look with a little more attitude you could try something like this, it's Wings West #890110

890110.jpg

I might have to look into those, never seen them before

With a stock hood I would stay gt with a chin, but like said it's your car do what you like best.

I plan to go with either a 2000 Cobra R hood or a 95 RR hood once I can afford to repaint the whole car. I'm in college right now and got laid off a while back so I'm just doing little by little.

I think with the side exhaust you need something extra to pull the front bumper down. That being said I think a Saleen kit would look killer or ever the stalker style front bumper that @tony had

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought about those, and I agree, I just like something that looks more stock, or like the car could have come like that from the factory. I went to meet  the dude about those coilovers last Sunday on my way in from Tennessee but when I got there he had already sold them.

with your side exhaust you can get away with a lower hanging bumper. in fact i think it needs it lol. 

heres my stalker front if you'd be interested in what they look like installed correctly

a8fe4f47-c76e-4da9-baa6-eba28baff6c7_zps

5c48daa9-9448-4bd9-a220-3bd555d74728_zps

Looks good man, I just don't know if it's my style. 

i feel ya lol. maybe look at the abc exclusive front cobra style bumper. heard good things about that bumper.

0015.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

I had actually looked at that one, I like it but I don't really like the seam on the sides where the lip goes up the side. The lip flows with the stock side skirts but I don't if it'd flow right with side exhaust.  I'm really picky on my car man. I could care less about most things but my car is my pride and joy. It's not much to look at, but it's mine.

hahaa..picky is the only way to be. rather than just throwing shit all over your car. i seen a pic with those sides and that abc front bumper...hld i'll see if i can find it

IMG_3485.jpg

flows terrible. just an idea. i'll keep looking at bumper side exhaust combos and let ya know if i see anything else.

hahaa..picky is the only way to be. rather than just throwing shit all over your car. i seen a pic with those sides and that abc front bumper...hld i'll see if i can find it

IMG_3485.jpg

flows terrible. just an idea. i'll keep looking at bumper side exhaust combos and let ya know if i see anything else.

Doesn't look terrible but not quite lol.  I appreciate all the help bro. I've been looking at pictures for months and can't decide. But I have to do something soon because show season is rolling back around. Got a big show coming up in March and the Autofair in April.

Stock gt bumper. Not too many nice sn95's running the stocker, way to many cobra bumpers.

I agree with that. There's only 2 or 3 SN95 Cobras around here and 1 Fobra.

i think that west wings bumper would look pretty sweet with the svo skirts. otherwise i think you need a cobra bumper to bring the front down to match the side.  i also don't think a saleen or stalker bumper would work because they finish flat at the fenderwell where as the svo skirts are more round.  the svo's got curve, needs a front bumper that has curve too.

i think that west wings bumper would look pretty sweet with the svo skirts. otherwise i think you need a cobra bumper to bring the front down to match the side.  i also don't think a saleen or stalker bumper would work because they finish flat at the fenderwell where as the svo skirts are more round.  the svo's got curve, needs a front bumper that has curve too.

If the wings west one wasn't $276 just for the little lip I might would consider that one. But that's way more than I want to spend on just a lip, that's almost the cost of the paint. I appreciate all the input from everybody. Talked to some friends about it and a few of them made good points about shows, especially ones around here frowning upon cobra bumpers on a GT. Right now I think I'm just going to respray the GT bumper and I ordered the chin spoiler last night. If I run across a Cobra bumper for cheap before I get the whole car resprayed I'll probably go that route, but for now I think I'm going to stick with that.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT EVERYBODY

I've always wondered what the Saleen front would look like with the SVO side skirts... it's definitely low enough, and still has some rounded qualities that may go well with the SVO skirt shape.

Well if you end up getting a Saleen front feel free to sell me your Cobra bumper  :2thumb:

I too like the cobra bumper and would not give a shit about people saying I am making a fobra.  I am makin my car and if ya don't like the bumper then don't look at it....  You could always keep your stock bumper and add the shinoda chin.

12403d1142880046-rob-poston.jpg

Personally I grew tired of the mach 1 chins on every sn a while back and would do a cobra bumper before the mach chin, btI love the uniqueness of the shinoda myself but it also flows better with side exhaust then it does with the stock GT skirts.