domrobin1983

NOISE WHEN TURNING STEERING WHEEL! Agh!

Even turning the steering wheel an inch or two (left or right), I'm hearing a squeeking noise.

It's not the rims/tires.

Sounds like a metal on metal noise.

The faster I go, the less I hear the noise and vice versa.

98 Cobra, no suspension work done (YET), stock rims.

I checked out the Haynes, no dice so far.

Bonus question: I am going to take on tires and suspension as my next project. Any recommendations for a suspension package?

I'd look at ball joints too. If the boots are torn, spray some penetrating oil in them and bounce the car a bit/turn the wheel and see if it quiets down. Heck, sometimes you can just feel around while someone bounces the car or turns the wheel without spraying anything (careful not to smash fingers and stuff) and tell what's making the noise just by the vibrations.

Lol I was gonna tag you in the post but I knew you'd find your way in. Ball joint master!

Sent from Space

i tried so hard not to post but i fn had to :( maybe i do have a problem man. 

I have a sound too! But it is in the actual steering wheel, Sounds like a spring being wraped in itself. Like a small coiled spring twisted and tangled. Most annoying sound ever, and it doesn't do it whenever I have someone else look at it... of course... :angry:

I have a sound too! But it is in the actual steering wheel, Sounds like a spring being wraped in itself. Like a small coiled spring twisted and tangled. Most annoying sound ever, and it doesn't do it whenever I have someone else look at it... of course... :angry:

Does it sound something like this?  I had a bad clock spring and also my column was worn out hah