PurrdGT

Window Down

My driver's side window hasn't gone up since last year. I've read alot of different things saying that it could be the gear box or the motor..

My question is, how much of a pain in the ass is it to change out either?

Thanks guys!

Like said, they aren't too bad. Both of mine started having trouble around the same time. I removed them, replaced the plastic bushings inside, reinstalled, and they worked great. I can't recall the part number for the bushings but I believe the manufacturer was Dorman and you can get them at advanced or AutoZone for just a few bucks.

If I may jump in to this subject rather than start a new thread, my window motor will keep running if I keep the button depressed on the driver side whether it be all the way up or down. I'll have to shoot a little video of what I'm talking about for you guys to see. I'm sure the motor is gonna take a shit soon.

Mine did the same thing it's would go down but not up and the motor would just keep turning over but nothing would happen, tired out to be striped gears in the motor and had to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did the same thing it's would go down but not up and the motor would just keep turning over but nothing would happen, tired out to be striped gears in the motor and had to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha. I just watched a video on YouTube on how to replace the motor & regulator. Didn't look too bad.