piester

Center console delete

If I had to guess he probably got some carpet and used the floor.l mats and seats to hide his seams that he patched that in with.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I believe I've actually talked to the owner of that car on another forum years ago and he bought a new carpet from auto custom carpet. They come without any holes in them for the shifter or anything else so that's how he covered everything up.

Right behind the shifter though, below the radio stack and all that, there are some metal brackets coming off the trans tunnel, and the metal dash frame itself bolts to them. He said he cut them out but did not replace them with anything and the dash moved around much more.

thats prob the best option. /\    was going to say the same, but when i ordered from AM it had a huge hole cut in the center for the ebrake and shifter. that looks like its all one giant piece

wonder what the e-brake handle mount looks like with no console covering it lol.

It's kinda ugly. Could be covered up with a boot and bezel though.

002-4_zpsab12422d.jpg" alt="002-4_zpsab12422d.jpg">

houston162_zps5db318f6.jpg" alt="houston162_zps5db318f6.jpg">

There is a pic where you can see the metal brackets I was referring to earlier.

i may just remove the parking brake and go with a pedal style one mounted under the dash somewhere. and i think i would make a piece to cover those brackets under the center of the dash and bring it straight down 

Go to a local car trim shop and ask for unbacked carpet.  Its super thick, has no backing on them so its super easy to fit into the grooves/corners mounting it on one side wit tape and then simply punching the area that I wanted to stretch(this was the approved way the trim shop guy showed me.  I think I paid $40 for a piece big enough to do the whole car inside and have some scraps.

Now you can also take off the drivers side floor mat retention hook from your old one and put it on the new one as well as the side pieced that allow it to clip onto the side.  It just clips in/out and is one of those small touches too make it look stock. 

Another piece of advise that is good to do while you are in there, if your not worried about weight.  Second skin is what I recommend and that is all I will use on mine.  The original is just as thick as dynamat extreme and  and the damplifier pro is just crazy thick both with the butyl rubber and the thick aluminum.  finally, screw the jute.  It soaks up water and will fall apart and mold it again check out second skin luxery liner.  Its closed cell foam with a layer of vinyl as well.  Again its heavier but nearly kills all the road noise.

Always wondered how that'd look. Really looks... surprisingly good. Kinda like it, but practicality is non existent. If only there was some way to mold a radiused piece to go underneath the radio bezel to make it flow instead of looking like the bottom was just chopped off.

sure it could be done.  Making it flow nicely though would take some time/talent but it could be done.  My biggest concern is that there is SUPER thick hrns that goes right over the tranny hump  that would stick out or need to be moved and the parking brake in the back looks funky to me.  Pretty sure that is why they don't show any up close pics on it.  But yea its different, not sure why you would not like your arm rest short of racecar reasons. Hell no consol storage either?  F-that to look different.

yeah i have been thinking about it a bit more on and off. hiding all the wiring under it wouldnt be too bad. id probably just wire the foglights so they are on when the car is running or relocate the switch for it. the dash wouldnt be too hard to figure out. go to a double din HU and move the pocket thing  down to the bottom and box it in and down to the trans tunnel. maybe relocate my power outlet into there too. havnt fully decided yet.