OnyxCobra

Finally caved in to my bike-curiousity

I've always liked sport bikes but kept telling myself I didn't need one. Well this past season my good friend and brother both got one so I said what the hell. Figured I'd wait til next spring since summer is about over but I was browsing and kinda found this by accident, went to look at it and had to have it; price was too good to pass up.

2007 Triumph Daytona 675 in scorched yellow. 13k miles and as far as i can tell it's bone stock, love everything about it.

here she is the night I got it

0828141947.jpg

0828141948.jpg

and with my friend's R1

0825141937b.jpg

damn, what happened?

I was riding with a buddy that was a much better rider, and on a much faster bike, but had his girl that would not let him go fast.  So I rubbed it in and pulled a wheelie and took off.  High sided on a corner a couple miles down the road.  Should have died honestly with no helmet or anything but it turned out to be a blessing as I got my life back on track.  Graduated 2 yrs later top of my class with a sweet job waiting.

Beautiful bike!

I have always wanted one (a street bike that is), as I grew up riding motocross from the age of about 7 to 22-23 but it's not my riding skill that worries me, it's the idiot drivers here. I almost get hit on a daily basis in a 3000+ lb car... and I see stories almost every day on the news during riding season of some guy on a bike getting run down by some retard texting or just flat out not paying attention.

Beautiful bike!

I have always wanted one (a street bike that is), as I grew up riding motocross from the age of about 7 to 22-23 but it's not my riding skill that worries me, it's the idiot drivers here. I almost get hit on a daily basis in a 3000+ lb car... and I see stories almost every day on the news during riding season of some guy on a bike getting run down by some retard texting or just flat out not paying attention.

This. My work won't allow us to ride motorcycles on company time (which is where 90% of the mileage in my truck comes from) or else I'd totally get one.

Nice looking bike. I love the color. Other than that I don't know a damn thing about bikes except I want one, lol! Be safe and wear a helmet!

thanks dude, yeah that goes without saying.  We have a helmet law here but even if we didn't there's no question I'd be wearing one.  Got myself gloves and a riding jacket as well, don't want to take any chances.  To be honest these bikes scare the shit out of me, everyone keeps talking about how they crashed and this and that and it makes me nervous to even ride it again.

Beautiful bike!

Thank you.  that's crazy, if i had that many close calls daily I'd probably stop driving all together.  Luckily this is my second pleasure vehicle and it's going to be more of a social experience for me with my bro and good friend having one.  I don't plan on riding it when there is traffic or even much at night.  I've always wondered what they were like though so I figured now was the time, if I can't get comfortable on it then I'll sell it and it was still worth finding out what it's about.

congrats and that color is awesome, i had an 03 cbr 600rr i loved it but once you dont respect them its time to park it , bikes go by my house all the time making me want another one.

Thanks, and I've heard the same thing.  I was actually looking at CBRs but man people seem to want a lot of money for Hondas.

You've got good taste in bikes.

Always, always wanted a bike but too afraid of what could happen to me on one.

Have fun with it, stay safe!

thanks dude.  I am afraid too, there is a lot of stuff that can happen.  But tons of people ride motorcycles their whole lives without an incident too.  I mean if you go by figures cars aren't safe either but we all drive every day without giving it a second thought.

thanks dude.  I am afraid too, there is a lot of stuff that can happen.  But tons of people ride motorcycles their whole lives without an incident too.  I mean if you go by figures cars aren't safe either but we all drive every day without giving it a second thought.

yes but cars have sides, seatbelts/airbags/protection in general.  Please enjoy the holy hell out of it and stay safe. 

that is another reason I would never get one now.  I learned how to ride a wheelie really well on my bicycle since I quit riding and I know it would only be a matter of time before I transferred that knowledge into high-speed wheelies, and then just a matter of time before I learned another tough lesson....

that is another reason I would never get one now.  I learned how to ride a wheelie really well on my bicycle since I quit riding and I know it would only be a matter of time before I transferred that knowledge into high-speed wheelies, and then just a matter of time before I learned another tough lesson....

geez, just keep yourself in check man!

Pic from last Saturday, perfect riding weather

10628568_10203781813340135_7298142390082

geez, just keep yourself in check man!

Pic from last Saturday, perfect riding weather

10628568_10203781813340135_7298142390082

its just too much fun on a bicycle I know that it could only be amplified at high speeds.

So how bad are the bugs up there this year?  I was just thinking one thing I don't miss about my bike is the bugs.  Man you hit a june bug at >60 and you will think you were shot....

its just too much fun on a bicycle I know that it could only be amplified at high speeds.

So how bad are the bugs up there this year?  I was just thinking one thing I don't miss about my bike is the bugs.  Man you hit a june bug at >60 and you will think you were shot....

you know the bugs haven't been horrible but i missed riding in the hottest and most humid weather this year.  Since I've started riding it gets really cool at night so there aren't a ton of bugs, a few here and there I've had to wipe off my helmet so far lol.  June bugs are fucking gross, I can only imagine it would suck balls to hit one at high speed.

I'm still waiting for my photo of you riding Ryan!!!!

Time to strap that Go pro to the side fairing and get some footage!

It's probably hard to take selfies while riding...   also the way I've been riding I've been taking curves very conservatively so there wouldn't be much fun to see.  I'll see about getting at least something on cam before the end of the season.