Ysi363

Matt's new setup of race car build

Car 1990 Mustang Hatchback Twilight Blue at the moment is going to be Gotta Have it Green when gets back from chassis shop.

Motor

Dart Iron Eagle 8.2 block

custom JE pistons 9.1 compression 4.125 bore

Oliver Billet Rods 5.400 length

Scat ultralight 4340 double keyed crank 3.400 stroke total cubes 363

Trickflow 225cc highports fully ported by Total Engine Airflow flow really good

Custom billet solid roller cam lots of duration 710" intake lift 685" exhaust lift

Jesel shaft mounted rockers

3/8 pushrods

Trickflow TFS R Lower airgapped and welded intake

Reichard Racing Billet Alum upper with 90mm Accufab throttlebody

Aeromotive fuel rails with Trickflow 120lb injectors

Meizere 55gpm electric water pump

Moroso 3 vane enhanced design vacuum pump

Weldon 2035 fuel pump and weldon 2040 regulator sumped tank

Big fuel lines

c-16 race fuel

Power Adder

Vortech Ysi driverside setup with 8 rib 2.75 Reichard pulley and 8'' crank pullied for 30+ lbs of boost

Vortech 6'' Renegade idler

Kurgan billet alum blower brace

Transmission

Proformance Transmissions and Dynamic Converters top of the line pro C4 with 2.20 first gear with 9" race converter 6000 stall

Rear End

Fully braced 8.8 with 33 spline Moser race axles stock length 5/8 studs, moser spool, girdle, c-clip eliminators

Aerospace brakes

Suspension

Front UPR full K member kit with 150lb coilovers

Strange 10 ways

Aerospace full floater drag brakes

Rear Afco double adj. shocks in stock location

Team Z double adj. lowers, and relocated double adj. uppers spherical bushings everywhere

UPR antiroll bar

Stock 5.0 rear springs with 1/2 coil cut out

Wheels

15x4 Black Weld RTS Mickey Thompson drag fronts

15x9.25 Black Weld RTS Mickey Thompson 275-60-15 drag radials

Electronics

Anderson PMS with injector driver and datalogger

MSD 7531 ignition and matching coil

Autometer gauges

FAST dual wideband and Rpm sync

Interior

25.5 chromoly cage with optional x-brace thru floor sub frames aka jungle gym

2 Kirkey Alum drag seats and covers

Still carpeted

Exterior

going to be painted when back in my possession Gotta Have It Green

Harwood 4'' outlaw hood

new fenders and moldings

I think that everything but probably missing some little things but the car is a 2nd job. If anyone has any questions fill free to ask away. Thanks

Edited by Ysi363

I'm so glad you made this thread Matt. One more way I can drool over the car when I'm not hanging out with you hah. Subscribing for updates!

Remind me to bring my camera with me next time we get together so I can take plenty of pictures for these whores ha

Ysi im officially loving your car and the fact that it looks like I have some competition =) Ill be remaking my build thread for thise site either today or tomm so you can check mine out then. Either way its good to have you here man keep it up.

Knuckles

Car 1990 Mustang Hatchback Twilight Blue at the moment is going to be Gotta Have it Green when gets back from chassis shop.

Motor

Dart Iron Eagle 8.2 block

custom JE pistons 9.1 compression 4.125 bore

Oliver Billet Rods 5.400 length

Scat ultralight 4340 double keyed crank 3.400 stroke total cubes 363

Trickflow 225cc highports fully ported by Total Engine Airflow flow really good

Custom billet solid roller cam lots of duration 710" intake lift 685" exhaust lift

Jesel shaft mounted rockers

3/8 pushrods

Trickflow TFS R Lower airgapped and welded intake

Reichard Racing Billet Alum upper with 90mm Accufab throttlebody

Aeromotive fuel rails with Trickflow 120lb injectors

Meizere 55gpm electric water pump

Moroso 3 vane enhanced design vacuum pump

Weldon 2035 fuel pump and weldon 2040 regulator sumped tank

Big fuel lines

c-16 race fuel

Power Adder

Vortech Ysi driverside setup with 8 rib 2.75 Reichard pulley and 8'' crank pullied for 30+ lbs of boost

Vortech 6'' Renegade idler

Kurgan billet alum blower brace

Transmission

Proformance Transmissions and Dynamic Converters top of the line pro C4 with 2.20 first gear with 9" race converter 6000 stall

Rear End

Fully braced 8.8 with 33 spline Moser race axles stock length 5/8 studs, moser spool, girdle, c-clip eliminators

Aerospace brakes

Suspension

Front UPR full K member kit with 150lb coilovers

Strange 10 ways

Aerospace full floater drag brakes

Rear Afco double adj. shocks in stock location

Team Z double adj. lowers, and relocated double adj. uppers spherical bushings everywhere

UPR antiroll bar

Stock 5.0 rear springs with 1/2 coil cut out

Wheels

15x4 Black Weld RTS Mickey Thompson drag fronts

15x9.25 Black Weld RTS Mickey Thompson 275-60-15 drag radials

Electronics

Anderson PMS with injector driver and datalogger

MSD 7531 ignition and matching coil

Autometer gauges

FAST dual wideband and Rpm sync

Interior

25.5 chromoly cage with optional x-brace thru floor sub frames aka jungle gym

2 Kirkey Alum drag seats and covers

Still carpeted

Exterior

going to be painted when back in my possession Gotta Have It Green

Harwood 4'' outlaw hood

new fenders and moldings

I think that everything but probably missing some little things but the car is a 2nd job. If anyone has any questions fill free to ask away. Thanks

What ever happened with this car?

The car is almost done I made some changed to the list I put a Holley dominator efi system in the car it's amazing easy to install and tune. Car is painted and looks fantastic. Also put black billet specialties wheels in it. I'll see if I remember how to put pics up. I'm about to throw it back on the dyno for some more numbers

Yeah that's damn good looking! What you going to do for an intake on the ysi

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram @rolocut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolocut I run a piece of 4" pipe to the cowl with vortechs new velocity ring works pretty good

It is Gotta Have it Green

That's a cool set up. Mines pretty similar. I made a custom 4 inch power pipe but I was sucking the silicone coupler closed yesterday, getting a rubber one now and prob make a 5 inch race set up similar to that style set up. yde4e2y9.jpgerapemyp.jpg

Instagram @rolocut

Yeah that's a cool set up. I got a 2.95/8 inch made 707 at 6200 and got belt slip at 19 lbs 15 degrees of timing. I'm going to groove the pulley myself to make it like the Richard racing style since I can't find where to buy there pulleys or a used one in that size anywhere

Instagram @rolocut

Sounds wicked Rolocut I've had good luck with the standard Vortech pullies I just purchased a 2.80 from Vortech came yesterday with the velocity ring. I had a 2.95 w/ 8" crank on my pass side Ysi 2 yrs ago made 26lbs like nothing. Very tight belt makes huge difference

Also look into a 6" idler from Vortech it's a 8 rib pulley they make just for the renegade guys and what size belt you run with that pulley arrangement.

Already have the 6 inch idler since these pics. made a big difference. I figure tighten the belt a few more turns and cut that pulley. Just a street car. I gotta also fix poppoing couplers. i have a belt volute on the car and rotated down bottom so it goes into a 90 coupler off the blower down into a 90 pipe to the intercooler. It kept popping off. Gotta sort that out and go from there. Im thinking 800 wheel range without touching timing. Just need to button things up. Need winter to end. Cold as fuck up here in the north east!!

Yea sounds like you got it going on then. Let me know how it turns out. I'm already looking into a Vortech xb-105 with a gear drive late next year if I can't get my combo to run 5.teens in the 1/8th. Then grudge race should be good for high 4s w/o leaning on it to much

Yea sounds like you got it going on then. Let me know how it turns out. I'm already looking into a Vortech xb-105 with a gear drive late next year if I can't get my combo to run 5.teens in the 1/8th. Then grudge race should be good for high 4s w/o leaning on it to much

Should be a stout set up. Those blowers are nasty but they had serious bearing issues last year. Not making it many runs in a lot of cases.

Yea I heard that from Jason lee drag radial champ he switched to Vortech to try the 105 and had issues with it touching down and heard it was bearing on the impeller with some harmonics on the gear drive. I might just get a Xi my engine builder went 7.70s with a xi that's fast enough for me

Yea I heard that from Jason lee drag radial champ he switched to Vortech to try the 105 and had issues with it touching down and heard it was bearing on the impeller with some harmonics on the gear drive. I might just get a Xi my engine builder went 7.70s with a xi that's fast enough for me

Lol yeah I hear ya. That's moving

Instagram @rolocut

thanks steve-oh that video wasn't as good as I thought looks good on my iphone I'm sure I have more some where.  thanks again for the kind words it's been a lot of work.

Are you running a crank trigger? I my signal was getting weak on the tfi distrubor on the dyno tuesday after 6500 it was starting to zig zag a bit.

thanks steve-oh that video wasn't as good as I thought looks good on my iphone I'm sure I have more some where.  thanks again for the kind words it's been a lot of work.

No big deal, just had to turn my head to the left lol.  Probably just didn't upload in HD.