Det_Riot

that1320chick's Built Motor 18 on the Rollers

Well as some of you saw, and some of you didn't, JoAnna's car start knocking 2 pulls into tuning after we installed the whipple back in late December. Tore the car down early January and much to our surprise, we didn't find a whole lot of obvious answers when it came to the knock. Needless to say, while the engine was out we threw the book at it. Darton Sleeves, Manley Rods, Diamond Pistons, all new gaskets, hardware, etc, etc.

After it was all back  and on it's way in, we matched her up with some LTH Longtubes and a new Borla Resonator to replace the factory resonator and 2-1/4" piping. We left the factory active exhaust since it's such an awesome feature and aftermarket active systems are freaking bonkers. After much debate, we ended up pulling the trigger on Lethal Performance's triple pump return style system so we never have to worry about the feed side of fuel again since the engine will be able to handle whatever we want to throw at it boost wise.

Along those same lines, we pullied down from a mild 3.75 to a still mild 3.375. She's still on a 6-rib belt so her dad doesn't want to start tearing up belts by going too small of a pulley and introducing belt slip. But the pulley combo is listed as 15psi from whipple with the OEM balancer, Her car actually ate up a little bit of boost; assuming because of the long tubes, and was sitting right at 14.25-14.5 psi for the bulk of the tuning session! 

I'll stop blabbering and let the video grace you with the sounds of some pure american harmonics!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, White95 said:

Holy shit

😎😎😎😎😎😎 Need more 10-rib. Fucking wedding getting in the way of our racecar builds hahhaa

That's some serious power, especially knowing that it can take more and I'm sure you guys will get it to its final form eventually.

Side note... I love the tach display on those cars sooooooo much.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 95riosnake said:

That's some serious power, especially knowing that it can take more and I'm sure you guys will get it to its final form eventually.

Side note... I love the tach display on those cars sooooooo much.

These 3rd Gen 'yotes are legitimately engineering marvels. 12.1:1 Compression from factory and the dual port injection makes for easy power to be had by all! So fucking thankful that I stumbled across the donor car when I did for the new heart for the SN. As much as it feels sacreligious to not go back with a pushrod, 500+ NA wheel horsepower without sloppy cams, and needing vacuum pumps and this that and the other is so freaking awesome.