jos3.svt

2v -> 4v

Everything... You need to strip the 4V down to the short block and swap everything over:

1. Heads with cam covers

2. Ford intake manifold [Dorman aftermarket sucks]

3. Throttle body and intake plenum

4. 2V cold air intake

5. Headers for 2V heads

6. Timing cover may swap over

You may have to extend some sensor wiring.

So, you're replacing a bad 2V engine with a cheap 4V short block?

Everything... You need to strip the 4V down to the short block and swap everything over:

1. Heads with cam covers
2. Ford intake manifold [Dorman aftermarket sucks]
3. Throttle body and intake plenum
4. 2V cold air intake
5. Headers for 2V heads
6. Timing cover may swap over

You may have to extend some sensor wiring.

So, you're replacing a bad 2V engine with a cheap 4V short block?
I'm trying to go dohc on my sohc

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, jos3.svt said:

I'm trying to go dohc on my sohc

Ok, must’ve read that wrong. So, everywhere I said 2V, change it to 4V. If you plan to swap, go ahead and go the C head route. This will open the doors to an easy blower install down the road and it will also be much more fun naturally aspirated.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Your best bet would be to find a complete 4v engine and swap it in. The blocks are the same (mostly) but there are certain things that will screw you, such as the cooling system. 4v has a coolant crossover and an in line thermostat. You’re going to need all of the fuel components specific to the 4v such as fuel rails and regulator. Physically it’s not hard. It’s the nit-picky stuff that gets you. 

• Like 2

Your best bet would be to find a complete 4v engine and swap it in. The blocks are the same (mostly) but there are certain things that will screw you, such as the cooling system. 4v has a coolant crossover and an in line thermostat. You’re going to need all of the fuel components specific to the 4v such as fuel rails and regulator. Physically it’s not hard. It’s the nit-picky stuff that gets you. 
That's what I was wondering, what the little things were.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jos3.svt said:

That's what I was wondering, what the little things were.

What year is your car? Are you going b head or c head? 

Youve got to consider what you’ll do for spark (coil packs or coil on plug), you need 4v specific fuel rails and those are different from b head to c head. Your iac wires will need to be swapped because they are opposite from 2v to 4v. You need to get a 4v in line thermostat and the coolant hoses. 

@White95 can probably tell you more of the specific little nickel and dime crap that’ll get you. 

I would really consider getting a complete mark VIII engine as it’s 4v, aluminum block, and normally pretty cheap. You could c head swap after that if you wanted too. 

• Like 1

It's just for future reference, I'm going to buy a shell and a block and just build the block up 

If that’s the case, you’re doing it right. I did the exact same thing by stripping my 1995 GT down to the shell and totally rewriting it with parts from my wrecked 98 GT and a wrecked 98 Cobra. Which brings me to this point:

**Cobra engine + ECU harnesses only work with Cobra dash harnesses.**

If you mix 2V and 4V stuff in any capacity you’ll be facing a no start situation. Conversely, a 2V engine harness and ECU/tune will run a 4V if you move a few sensors around and lengthen the harness accordingly. You may also consider a standalone ECU (megasquirt, Holley, etc) to run the engine which is a great option over the EEC stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evilcw311 said:

Or just buy a totaled f150 and do a coyote swap!!!!!!! emoji38.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit, might not be much truck left if they total it.