Forcefedhatch

Turbo kits

Ok guys I so far am on a hopeful schedule that by spring of 2013 to have the first or Atleast first few turbo lots fabricated up, I'm upgrading my welder and other used tools as of now, with my mother being sick I have been able to take the time to research products and raw materials...

As of now my kits will involve stock headers modified and flipped, hot sides only(manifolds,crossover,and turbo and external waste gate)..

I will be looking into cold side kits as well but honestly every Kit I have used and an currently using consists of the eBay fmic kits including piping and 50mm bov..(around 200.00 shipped)

I am also looking into a reliable replacement for master power turbos and I have come up with numerous great reviews on a seller on eBay that carries a vbanded gt45.. There are many but this particular one seems to be great quality.. I will update later today on prices and info to become one of my "test dummies" :)..( if interested of course) as of now only 94-95 5.0's butni will be expanding to the v6 and modular markets very soon as soon as I can create my own manifolds and bends..

Sent from my iPhone

I still have the hot side I built for my 302 :(... Let me tell you its cost and time effective if you buy one already done if the price is right... Good luck building these kits and hopefully some guys can benifit from this as most aftermarket kits are costly!

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Yes very time consuming, until I get exact measurements and a ready supply of materials I will be building them on my car so I know fitment is good, I am also trying to set up a jig with an engine on a stand and a "simulated engine bay" to be able to fabricate on the fly instead of building one at a time on my personal vehicle.. I'm thinking the best route to really get started is to build a kit using the gt45 for my personal car, run it hard for a little while and see how it really does perform.. Also if someone wanted to save money and use name brand stuff they could ship me a set of oem headers, their turbo, and waste gate combo, and I'll build a kit tailored to it.. I'm thinking if it's done this way for open downpipe either down the engine pass side for you to have a exhaust shop hook your catback to, or open in engine bay downpipe, or I am thinking about a drag only design of bumper side exit I could get a nice hot side fabbed for around 450-500 and in a weekend possibly..

I also would like to note this is something I'm doing on the side sobit will be a weekend or two kinda build for whoever wishes to get one, also I will be using thick wall aluminized piping, stainless is not very cost effective if you have to keep repairing cracks from weak stainless.. It is just one way of a safeguard to have a quality, and long term product..

And once I get this down I'll be branching into the modular and v6 models next, but for that of course I'll need someone locals car for a week or so to design the first one lol..

Sent from my iPhone

So you'll just be fabbing the hot side of these kits? Are you going to be retaining the motor accessories or will the need to be removed?

Hot sides for now until I can get it worked out to make a package deal.. As for now my setup that I'm building from has no smog or a/c.. If I can get a set of stock brackets and a junk set of pumps for my mockup design when it's available I'm going to try to build the kits to be a/c, and abs compatible for now.. Mine is fully abs compatible as of now, never tried with a/c pump and condenser but it looks to fit so maybe I can kill 2birds with one stone..

One true way I can retain most of if not all accessories is to build a set of twins on the car, and fab the downpipes to have ball flanges so no x,h,y pipe changes need to be made, just bolt in, t-off the oil feed and tap both sides of the pan, but to do this you will need speed density,

The ultimate goal is to try to get a company for injectors, aftermarket ems(megasquirt is my Main choice) and do a full hot and cold side, ready to be installed and tuned for around 2000-2400 complete street kit! With fuel upgrades, turbo, everything!

Sent from my iPhone

Is that $450-500 for the hot side without a turbo? I'd be fine with running an open downpipe

That's correct.. And it could be less I have to add everything up, including welding wire , gas, raw material supplies, if you provide your own shorty headers I can cut 100.00 off the top.. So say u upgraded and had your oem headers chillin, that's easy free money on your end, plus being able to sell your aftermarkets afterwards is also a bonus!.. Eventually I will be gabbing my own manifolds but for the time being I have to justify the cost of a bender vs. actual demand..

Sent from my iPhone

sweet mang I have been hoping to put my power pipe to use with a turbo system and just not been all that impressed with what is out there.

Awesome!! And the nice thing about the kits being made to order right now is that say you want to use the power pipe, if to start with you sent the pipe to me with the version of manifold you have, fox style (no curve for throttle body vs stock sn95 elbow) I can build the kit to fit it all perfectly.. And well know it fits because it will be built on my very own car, and tested on the spot, ,

Sent from my iPhone

Also the turbo can be mounted in any fashion you would like, curved towards fender, straight in correspondence with the engine bays panels, or for 76mm and larger turbos (for my drag setups) they can face compressor housing in fender well(trimming needed of course to fit an 8" compressor housing will be needed, I just trim from strut tower to just before the harness hole) and the the exhaust will dump down in the engine bay, or fender side exit, and on either side as well for turbo placement or exhaust exit placement..

Sent from my iPhone

A lot more people are running higher compression and turbo these days.

Guy ive been talking to over at corral is running 10.5:1 compression with his 4.6 2v, trickflow heads, stock cams, trickflow intake and an on3 kit with 70mm turbo.

Just laid down 650 rwhp and 680 tq on 13 psi so you tell me if its working. lol

My setup should be around 10.2:1

Is that $450-500 for the hot side without a turbo? I'd be fine with running an open downpipe

After looking at parts...turbo, wastegate(38mm or 44-46mm) flanges and a set of O2 bungs for wideband and narrow band mandrel piping bends, and for open dp. Around 900.00shipped if you want to integrate the wastegate dump into the dp, looking about 1000.00 shipped. I personally don't recommend the integration for an externally gated setup it can cause boost creep issues...

I have used these parts personally(except the turbo which will be soon) and know they function perfectly..

And there is like I mentioned always the option of using your own parts(turbo, wastegate etc, allni would need ate those parts to build the kit..

Now once I'm established completely, I'll no longer need reference parts for the kits, as I build every kit it is measured and logged and I'll have all the data I need to remake them much easier, plus I'll still have my own vehicle for test fitment anyway lol..

The main reason I'm going with the 94-95 to start is for 1 not that there is a market for it but it will help us bastard children out in the more available user friendly power adder area.. And it opens doors to more availability for me to build more 1 off kits for anything on the road, let's face it if you can build a kit for our cars, you can build anything lol..

I'm not looking to make a killing and start a major company I'm just trying to help everyone out, and maybe pay for a vacation after a year or two lol..

Sent from my iPhone

A lot more people are running higher compression and turbo these days.

Guy ive been talking to over at corral is running 10.5:1 compression with his 4.6 2v, trickflow heads, stock cams, trickflow intake and an on3 kit with 70mm turbo.

Just laid down 650 rwhp and 680 tq on 13 psi so you tell me if its working. lol

My setup should be around 10.2:1

Yes with technology anything is possible now..

Btw Justin you ever get that quote on that y pipe yet lol.. Just message me on FB or pm it here.. Thanks bro..

Sent from my iPhone

im running 11:5:1......

ooooo, thats getting up there. lol Im sure you could do it, but would probably be very limited in the boost department without e85 or something

Yes with technology anything is possible now..

Btw Justin you ever get that quote on that y pipe yet lol.. Just message me on FB or pm it here.. Thanks bro..

Sent from my iPhone

Haha, sorry man, just been really busy, todays my Birthday so not getting much work done.

Ill try to find a box and get over there tomorrow.

Absolutely can do that, the only thing is we may need an evacuation pump and seperate oil reservoir that sits lower than the turbos, this way the oil return lines wont back up or have any slow drain, we don't want oil to back up in the CHRA and kill the seals.. Idle isn't an issue, under boost with crankcase pressure being possible It could back oil into the returns, worst case if we do start blowing oil through the seals, we can then fab up a seperate drain pan and have an electronic scavenge pump to pump it back to the oil pan..

I've also been thinking of remote mount systems too with a full seperate oil containment source.. Butbim still researching and looking into CHRA remote mount temps and looking to see if there is a negative side to this idea, worst comes to worst well just plumb an oil source and do the remote reservoir and pump system..

Sent from my iPhone