TaborRacing9

Lowered the Cobra this weekend!!

Hey guys :wave: ... so I got some H&R Race springs (all factory isos) in order to get rid of the 4x4 look... here are a few before and after pics of measurements... i wish it was a tad lower...hopefully itll settle another 1/4 inch... but Im happy :) I also attached a video of my dad drivin it after I installed the springs saturday....

BEFORE:

22b5a50e.jpg

AFTER:

9E02AD42-6E7A-44D3-A4A1-B4BA769C4F86-234-000000079CC111B5.jpg

Edited by Brian

I would love to have the tools/time/talent to do the whole job but between my health issues, limted tools and mechanical knowledge it was just better to leave the parts I didn't know and understand up to someone that did. I am not afraid of any wires which is why I did all that but mechanically speaking I am just limited as far as knowledge. On top of that with my health issues I am just lucky if I get a couple hours here/there when I do not feel bad or too tired to do much.

anyway tues/wed no more 4x4, until I see a speed bump or go down my driveway anyway.

im sorry about that :(

post before and after pics this week for us!

no apology needed you will need to try and offend me before I get offended. Pics and a vid will be up as soon as I get the car and give it a cleaning it needs. While I sit now typing in the hospital a porter cable DA package full of goodies from slicks wax shack arrived at the house yesterday to get it cleaned up and ready for pics an vids I have been wanting to do for a while now.

dang... well... i hope you get well soon...

eh this has been going on for 10 yrs now and I have given up trying to hope it will get better. just take it hour by hour and super thankfull for a great family to help me out. It is what it is, just takes me along for the ride. anyway

So how is the ride with the new springs feel like a new/different springs? That was another reason I was not excited to do the suspension originally because I know less about suspensions then I do motors and was afraid I would pick the wrong springs/shocks/struts and end up with a horrible ride that I could not stand. This was l before I had even considered baggin it so that was another reason I wanted to do it was that as I will be able to adjust the ride quality. between the bags/shocks/struts, sub-frame connectors and even a new steeda strut tower brace I hope the ride is worth the time and money spent.

need to hit some light bumps to get everything settled. I went to school at the WKU in bowling green Ky for a while and everytime a friend came down we went on a tour of the corvette factory. Towards the end I had it memorized and even helped the guides remember some dates sometimes. Anyway - the vettes go all around the plant off the ground till the put the wheels on it. As soon as it hit the ground they drove over some ripple-type of bumps to settle the suspension.

I think the back looks ok height wise its just the front that looks that 1/4" too high.

the rear sits perfect... plus im getting wider taller tires on the rear so itll look even better. as for the front, yea shes prolly gonna get homemade rubber isos courtesy of the homedepot lol or electrical tape. we will see. honestly i think id rather be a little tall over having to scrape everything just to lower it half an inch. thats just a bitch... and ty very much bryan!

the rear sits perfect... plus im getting wider taller tires on the rear so itll look even better. as for the front, yea shes prolly gonna get homemade rubber isos courtesy of the homedepot lol or electrical tape. we will see. honestly i think id rather be a little tall over having to scrape everything just to lower it half an inch. thats just a bitch... and ty very much bryan!

So, wait hold on I still didn't get ur # . Hahahah

Looks good. I agree with the rest, pull the ISO's and wrap with electrical tape, if you want to quiet them down. I've always just run them with no ISO's in place. If your exhaust is loud enough, you won't hear it anyways. :)

My Cobra is the first vehicle I've owned that's lowered and still has the rubber ISO's in place.

yea it will. im a 1/4 inch clearnence on enterig the little step of my driveway lol cant park it in the street lol

edit: and regardless of ride height id still reccomend the H&R's... they handle so damn well

compared to stock. i was impressed. it wasnt as stiff and rough of a ride as i thought it would be