V8POWA!

Subiefest 2012 Anyone???

I know there are some people with love for subarus here.....went to a so cal subaru event and took these pictures....

There will probably be a lot of pictures posted from the event, but I still felt like posting mine....I have a bunch more but these are just some of them.

Went with a buddy to it, I still don't have one yet :(

Comments & Everything are Welcome!! :thumbup2:

001.jpg

15.jpg

40.jpg

23.jpg

19.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

006.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

09.jpg

07.jpg

14.jpg

08.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

18.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

36.jpg

33.jpg

32.jpg

012.jpg

35.jpg

34.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

29.jpg

26.jpg

Thanks for Looking!! :)

Always been a Subaru fan and I really thought I'd get a WRX after my Fox. I think I'm a tuner fan but with a Mustang, lol. I like stickers and badass flush wheels. :D Plus my dream car is a Termi painted flat green like the STI you posted....

Edit: Are those CCW's... cuz they're hot.

Edited by WildWillyWalker

damn those are some nice looking cars. Brian if the price is right...... lol. Mine needs more love, its been stock for to long.

considering getting one .....insurance is just as bad as my mustang hahaha

I pay $124 a month for full coverage on my 07 STI including comp on the Cobra. I did the progressive snapshot and got 24% off my total premium.

damn those are some nice looking cars. Brian if the price is right...... lol. Mine needs more love, its been stock for to long.

I pay $124 a month for full coverage on my 07 STI including comp on the Cobra. I did the progressive snapshot and got 24% off my total premium.

Depending on which state I live in I pay between 96-132 for liability on the stang .... I also have my 2 trucks on top of that .... id def sell the lightning to get a subie though .... I could use awd and a sedan

The D3V

I really like the orange one. Just dont see that on subaru's often. Needs better wheels though.

Every time I see videos on STi's it makes me want to get rid of my Cobra.... smile.png

Dont watch the one I posted of an STI sliding around a rotary in the snow lol

I need to get something for mine after having 4K in damage done from that stupid deer. I'm thinking I'll get a Kartboy shifter and bushings.

You'll love them! You should get the exhaust setup that mine had.

Eh some of those that you took pics of have some crappy wheels on them. Love these cars, but I've seen better looking ones locally. Good pictures though!

I agree, I like Subarus too, but some of those cars are just stupid to look at. I am really not feeling their taste in mods and I can't get their vision with them. Then again all these sub-cultural JDM ways of "Styling" cars are really not something I can put myself into.

Maybe thats from being euro again I don't know...Cars like these are used rallying (WRC) and DTM (Touring car racing) over here. In other words; These cars are modified to be fast around everything ...and over pretty much any surface too.

I would just like to add; "Euro" styling like this:

35.jpg

Are NOT ...I say again NOT considered cool over here!

This kind of styling was cool like 10-15 years ago in the Volkswagen world, but this is really out-of-date over here now. I don't know why "wannabes" still go for this look.

Edit:

Actually no, this is still something VW people do, but outside of the VW world, this is look is out-of-date and not cool.

Most people I see doing this to non-VW cars over here, are either old guys in their midlife crisis or foreigners who think this is how we roll over here.

Edited by MMR

You'll love them! You should get the exhaust setup that mine had.

what did yours have brian? I like the Cobb system just b/c it looks factory stock. Usually if I change anything on any car I have I dont go for a factory stock look but when it comes to the exhaust I dont want the big cannon sticking out the back even if it does sound good.

Do you have any vid clips?

I agree, I like Subarus too, but some of those cars are just stupid to look at. I am really not feeling their taste in mods and I can't get their vision with them. Then again all these sub-cultural JDM ways of "Styling" cars are really not something I can put myself into.

Maybe thats from being euro again I don't know...Cars like these are used rallying (WRC) and DTM (Touring car racing) over here. In other words; These cars are modified to be fast around everything ...and over pretty much any surface too.

EXACTLY!! Well said. Wrc ftw!! I don't know where they were going with these cars in the pics.

what did yours have brian? I like the Cobb system just b/c it looks factory stock. Usually if I change anything on any car I have I dont go for a factory stock look but when it comes to the exhaust I dont want the big cannon sticking out the back even if it does sound good.

Do you have any vid clips?

That set up is dead quiet. The stock look that the Cobb retains is sick but the sound is just too quiet. My source: my good friend has it on his 05 STi. I don't like the obnoxiously loud ones but something a little louder would be better. He's thought about changing it out bc its quiet.

what did yours have brian? Do you have any vid clips?

Exhaust:

GRIMMSPEED ported and coated oem header

GRIMMSPEED coated 44mm gated uppipe

44mm MVS TIAL wastegate dumped to atmosphere

Helix catless downpipe

APEXI gt spec full exhaust system

Rear shot:

IMG_2640.jpg

Video:

http://s1226.beta.photobucket.com/user/LowBoostSTI/media/2005%20Aspine%20White%20STI/VIDEO0003.mp4.html

Edited by Brian

I respect them for what they are, but I'd rather have a Bimmer.

Brian your linky was no worky. I could not mod the exhaust to that point and still have the dealer cover any warranty work. I'm kind of suck between a rock and a hard place b/c I would really like to do a stage 2 tune and mods but if I had to have any warranty work done I dont think the dealer would cover it w/ an aftermarket down pipe and stage 2 tune in the ECU. Granted I could never have anything go seriously wrong w/ it but its a risk reward type situation. I plan on keeping it for awhile, at least until I know if there are any major changes for the 2015 model STI and if there is Id upgrade. If not then I'll keep it for awhile longer.

Bullitt I'd never own a bimmer. Both my brother and mother had BMW's and they were trash. The build quality is horrible and their AWD system is a joke. Its over priced crap if yoiu ask me.

I'd definitely rather have a sti over a 95-01 cobra for sure, not a 03 04 cobra though. MAYBE a m3 over a sti, but I'd have to think about that one.

The sad thing is that Ive spent soooo much money into my 95 Cobra and that was before this most recent wave of mods which has been nothing but a head ache but up to that point before it was a mid 12 second car. You can spend $1,700 on a Cobb Stage 2 tune and be making the power to run high 12's and still have amazing handling and something that kicks ass in the winter. The WRX/STI is so awesome for over all performance. The faster you make a Mustang the more you give up somewhere else, like cornering ability. Adjustable shocks/struts....solid bushings...removing the front sway bar...all things to help with the straight line performance but also things that take it hit in the handling and cornering ability. Not that it has to be a valid point as far as being able to corner b/c to some it does not matter but the only point I'm making with the WRX/STI is that you can make it just as fast, for what I think for less money and still not give up things in other categorys.

Edited by Venom351R