Tony

$7,500 and no exact plan :(

so me and the wife decided i can have about 7500 to spend on car mods over the winter.

lets here what you guys would do. keep in mind LABOR cost cause i cant swap motors and shit. i'm pretty good at suspensions but alot of motor things i would have to pay out labor.

so what would you guys do to my car with $7,500 in your pocket?

be nice :)

aw shit, dude 7500 aint shit compared to $$ i've dropped into cars, lolol. i see what ya mean though. i have thought about finding a fox to do shit too. i could prolly get a nice fox and make a new project but then that would have to wait till next year before i can do much to a new project.

think i could find a bad ass fox for 7500?

Not trying to derail your plans, I just know if I had $7500 cash I would not sink it into my car. Although I could dump $7500 into mine over night lol. I would buy another there are boosted, built & clean foxes down here for 6500-8500 range...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Leave your car alone as a show car, and buy a completly different mustang... Just saying that because there is no sence in dumping that much cash into your car let alone any SN95 :P

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

I just don't see your logic here. Why would he buy a whole other car to dump money into? Now he'll have two cars for money pits. I agree with Musturd, find a PI motor and throw some mild boost at it, done.

Sent from Space

lol, i'm feelin musturds reply.

man i'm not sellin my fn car! why the hell does a thread asking what you would do to a car with 7500 involve selling it? i like my car. havent even had it a year and a half yet..geesh, lol

I'd buy a fast mustang that's already built. You'll have a nice show car and a nice fast car. I've seen plenty of built fox/SN cars with built engines or blowers in the $6-$8k range. People will say just dump it all in the engine but once you start dreaming about all this horsepower you also have to factor in what the upgraded driveline parts and suspension will cost. It would suck to drop all that $ into making it go faster and have your tranny break or your rear end explode. If you absolutely want to drop it on your current car then I'd suggest a Vortech S-trim V3 along with bigger injectors/pump/MAF and a tune, which should be in the $4500 range if its all new parts. Another $800-$1000 for a nice tonneau cover with matching paint. $2000 left for new wheels, or towards a bag system.

You need to tell us what your goal is. We can tell you what WE would do, but would that help towards your end goal? If it was me I'd buy a new blower head unit and finish the suspension. But I already have the supporting hardware.

It seems like you like the idea if bagging the car, so do that. If there's enough left and you want a little more go pick up a PI motor to swap in. Maybe swap in some healthier cams and get a tune. A little more go to go with the show.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Just get a termie swap ;) there's plenty of enough threads and people to help you!
that just sounded sick as hell, termi swap...pshhh, i wish. that would run more than 7500 wouldnt it? a low mileage termi motor plus labor? idk really....

that just sounded sick as hell, termi swap...pshhh, i wish. that would run more than 7500 wouldnt it? a low mileage termi motor plus labor? idk really....

I'm saying take it on as a personal project lol

If the car was mine I would make a lot of changes that you wouldn't agree with but focus on what you want and your goals. You could add a blower to your current setup. You could do PI HCI swap and a blower. Also if you had the boost I would do the converter as already stated.

What is your main goal?

my goal is to have a sick laid out convertible, lol. i figured since alot of you have different taste in mustangs (or cars in general) it would be kinda interesting what you would do with the amount i have. no feelings of mine are getting hurt, lol. i already know brian you would get bigger wheels and lower it more.....ha ha!

If it was my car I'd source edelbrock manifold and do a vortech with A nice low mile pi motor or even a Saleen take out motor with the factory eaton. Then I'd have a new converter made an the aod built up and j mod it. I like the way it it looks now so personally I'd make it go fast and add some cobra brakes. Atleast up front.

Tony, I know you like to show your car so spend the money on something nice and shiny for under the hood. Don't be the dink with a nice looking car and nothing to see underhood. I say buy a nice shiny vortech or something, run low boost so you don't need to worry about reliability and just cruise it.

I think it looks fine on the outside, anything more and it might just not cut it for a mustang. But I like the way it looks now. I'd definitely get a blower and a PI engine, both of which can be had simultaneously with that amount of cash.

But if you can't figure it out, send the money to me (paypal ready) :) and I'll do an awesome build on my Cobra!!

For $7.500? ...Get the tornado..

post-161-13881836932225_thumb.jpg

mbwbora3ocx2dxl0cep0_normal.jpeg

my goal is to have a sick laid out convertible, lol. i figured since alot of you have different taste in mustangs (or cars in general) it would be kinda interesting what you would do with the amount i have. no feelings of mine are getting hurt, lol. i already know brian you would get bigger wheels and lower it more.....ha ha!

Yes, but is it power or exterior or handling you what to improve?

lol, i thought when i added the acufab shit that i was adding some performance and shiny under the hood, lolol. guess not huh, lol? my engine bay looks good and i show it at car shows but yea, no blower or shaved, wire tucking at all :(

i just have a little bit of fear when it comes to adding boost and tackling wire/hose tucking. dont wanna get in over my head and end up with needing a new block, lol.

wonder if there is a place i could have this shit done that does it on a regular basis. a place that cleans up engine bays by tucking all the wires aand hoses and will install dyno and tune a blower...hmmmm sounds pricey.

see i could do all this myself if a fellow sn owner lived close by and had experience with all this and sat there chillin telling me wtf goes where, lololol.

i feel gay :facepal:

It's just kind of difficult to advise you on what to get, if we don't know what it is that you want to improve on your car. :)

In terms of power; I think the 2v 4.6 is good for around 400 hp, someone on here else would know that better than me, but I think the safe limit is around 400 hp (Please correct me if I am wrong).

you are wrong...lol, i have no idea actually, haha. dam, mustangs really are all about horse power huh :(

i would like to get my engine bay looking sick as hell. i like how my car rides now. i like how the exterior looks kinda. so yea the engine area is nice but could def improve.

when i first bought the car all i did was put $$ into the motor, rear end, exhaust..etc. all bolt ons but still pricey, lol. and as far as how it runs and performs..ehhh, it's not track worthy but it runs out pretty nice to me, lol?!? sounds nasty as hell. but cant beat alot of other cars in a race, no.

alot of you live in towns and cities where you can get out and tear up some shit and wot all over the place.

i leave my driveway and directly sit in traffic, lololol. alot of drivers in cols ohio. kinda dampens the desire to have a ton of horse power somewhat.

but to just have a slick engine bay like dan's or alex...etc would be great even if all i do is cruise it and show it.

yeah, I live in the city area too. I have to drive pretty far for some non-traffic twisty/cruising roads and the nearest race track is alittle over an hours drive away.

Anyway; if you just want to clean up your engine bay, then get 1 or 2 cans (maybe 3, depending on how dirty it is) "engine cleaner", then spray it all over the dirty bits, let it sit for about 10 min and start wiping it all with some shop towels. This should cost you no more than like $20 at autozone or whatever.

Then see what the different mustangs retailers has as "engine dress up items".

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-Engine-Dress-Up-Parts

http://www.uprproducts.com/9498-mustang-underhood.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/94-98-mustang-underhood-styling1.html

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/SubCat.asp?CatKey=74-01&SubCategory=Underhood+Dress+Up&category=Engine&KeyWords=LMG88&grid=N