Schiffy

Help!!! Coilovers question.

So I've got the front end torn apart and ready to reinstall the Coilovers, the sleeve does not fit completely over the base of the strut mount. Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to slide over the mounting point. Help! Car is part... Reply or text me! lol... 7575772839

Anybody see the problem I found with my front passenger side spring?

qu6yga5e.jpg

Lol :0 when i pulles my rear springs out they didnt even sit straight they looked like they were heated up

When I pulled my stock front springs, both had a coil or more snapped off. The design of the lower control arm plus that isolator equals lots of rust on the bottom of the spring and eventually it breaks off.

My stance was a damn mess on the factory springs (that was a LONG time ago), one side of the front was lower than the other, and the rear springs were sagged badly causing it to sit much lower in the rear than the front, so it had the "cali lean" big time. I was ashamed to even drive it until I got the Eibachs on.

6yvugu7e.jpg

9yruteja.jpg

mujyzu4e.jpg

I got out there today and cut a coil off the rear then adjusted the fronts to be more manageable while driving. Springs are 14"/175. Gonna drive it around and make sure the rears settle ok, and I have acquired some new shoes, so when I get them this week, I'll see how the car sits with them. Any pounding or rolling to fit 315's in the back? I fit them on my '95 that was lower than this one without any issues. I did yank the quad shocks off today while I was under it.

The wheel well has a pinch weld near the inner rear edge of the tire. it needs to be folded over towards the center of the car.

The wheel well has been rolled, would that have taken care of the pinch? If not ill go out there tomorrow and do it. I'm not sure of the back spacing, but I'm wondering if it will rub my tailpipe.

You're killing me smalls... lol

i think the one hes talking about is on the bottom of the inner fender. It kinda angles out towards tge side of the car so you just gotta massage it in where the tire goes.

i think the one hes talking about is on the bottom of the inner fender. It kinda angles out towards tge side of the car so you just gotta massage it in where the tire goes.

I've got a BFH, so when I get home this afternoon, while I let my kids run wild in the backyard, I'll take the rears off and "massage" all area's

What part of REAR INNER EDGE is hard to comprehend.

Jesus fuck! And some of you wonder why I don't post here often.

Lulz i think steve forgot how to read this weekend

A 30 second search would have produced an answer. Not to mention that you could've figured it out after mounting them.

But I guess some people just need to be spoon-fed their info.

Give a man a fish, something something.

It's definitely Monday and no need for such harshness.

I run into this issue all the time with the upr kits. I always end up grinding the colar down where the piston enters the strut. Its pretty annoying to spend cash on your car and its said to be a direct fit and there is still a fitment issue.

Mk2 if your this upset after merely 80 post you might want to give up on forums alk together.All sites have newbs and first timers and you will see the same questions posted over and over and over. If your tired of answering the same ole shit go post elsewhere.We need more People that are willing to contribute possitive info and suggestions. :)

What part of REAR INNER EDGE is hard to comprehend.

Jesus fuck! And some of you wonder why I don't post here often.

i dont wonder why? never heard of you, lol. maybe some rock kicking would do ya some good :whistle:

Mk2 if your this upset after merely 80 post you might want to give up on forums alk together.All sites have newbs and first timers and you will see the same questions posted over and over and over. If your tired of answering the same ole shit go post elsewhere.We need more People that are willing to contribute possitive info and suggestions. :)

80 some posts here, 1500 on sn95 forums, 2k+ on corral, ~25,000 on mustangforums.

Just because I don't post much here, doesn't mean I don't post at all. I was invited here and asked to be a mod. I declined because I knew I would have to deal with the same kind of crap that was going in with sn95 forums.

Answering questions like, "how does this wax job look?" Or "what wheels should I run" get old real friggin quick.

If I had a edick, could it be a big one?

If I get stuck with a little edick and a little real life dick this is going to suck.

Not trying to argue with you and post count dosen't matter, just pointing out you havn't been here long and you seemed to have a short fuse thats all.

Carry on....

Hows 7.5" sound? Pretty normal? Or were you thinking third leg 12+
third leg for me please :shiftyeyes:

and M2lki2niner sounds douchetastic! this is'nt mustangforums...we're pretty friendly and glad to help others. if ya dont like or want to help good 'ol schiff...dont. but i would say try to be a little nicer and save the shitty attitude for MF....you know...get in where ya fit in type shit :)