Brian

Distributors

So I'm planning on doing a few things for maintenance/upgrades and one is that I am interested in upgrading to a MSD distributor. I've heard mixed reviews recently about them but wanted to get some advice before I made any sort of purchase.

I just went with a re-man from Autozone... $85 after military discount and tax.

This. If the first one is DOA take it back and get another one till you get a good one. Not like it takes more than a few minutes to install/remove. Avoid MSD overpriced/unreliable junk.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have an Accel Billitech, I too looked into the MSD and saw all the same mixed reviews, so I looked around and found the Accel. No issues since I put it in a couple years ago.

Distributor..you dont need no stinkin distributor..........LSX COP :thumbsup:

A true COP system is the eventual plan with my shitbox... but for now the new distributor will have to do.

FWIW, I run this one... only because my stock disty had 164k miles on it and the center bushing was pretty well gone.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-850410/overview/make/ford

It's hard to beat ford OEM electronics

This. I sent my MSD back because of the mixed reviews and the fact I needed to spend hundreds of more dollars to get the stupid box to make it work. Down the line I'll probably do it but this kids on a budget!

I had an MSD on my '79 F150 with no problems, picked one up for my 351w in my '92 LX, but sold the car before I ever got to turn her over. I am the epitome of non name brand parts in a build. I like to buy cheaper(but researched parts) and prove what they are capable of, vice buying your name brand MSD, Roush, Maximum Motorsport, ect... I've seen many OEM Ford dizzy's make great numbers. A lot of times that's the last part people upgrade.

Sent from my secretary!!!

usually you will start having ignition problems and not starting when the engine is warm

hmmm a lot of times my car won't want to start when it's warm, it seems hit or miss. I thought it was the tune?

My car does have some issues starting which I thought was related to the starter possibly head soaking due to the longtubes. It's one of the other items on the list to upgrade.

Pa performance "mini" starter!

Sent from Space