Prokiller

New-new wheels fit this time...and look dead sexy

got the car all back together today. there are other things that need done before mustang week but at least its driveable now. The previous GT500s that i had on there while fit nicely in back, did not fit up front after the GT500 brembos and vintage venom kit. they stuck out of the fender almost an inch. no beuno. Which also meant that i couldn't run the wheels that i really wanted to get. Shelby CS40 black machined in 20" have the same front offset.

so i went back to the drawing board. found these to be right where i needed them to be in the offset category. I decided to go staggered to give me the most inside fender clearance. The new wheels are TSW Gunmetal Nurburgrings.

19x8.5 w/ 255/45-19 mickey thompson street comps

20x10 w/ 305/35-20 nitto NT555R drag radials

these are some quick pics just down the street while i was out test driving it. nothing too fancy for the moment. still more to get done before MW!

IMG_0217_zps88f2d5e7.jpg

IMG_0212_zps4107a250.jpg

IMG_0207_zps6f6c63f8.jpg

IMG_0219_zpsa0ef0d57.jpg

IMG_0220_zps7c195005.jpg

IMG_0223_zpsdec166b8.jpg

yes it's missing the center caps, forgot them at home 3 days in a row....:doh:

Looks awesome Ryan, they fit the car perfectly both in size and style IMO. The design of the spokes sort of mimics the shape of the lower openings in the front bumper, ties everything together nicely :thumb:

thats probably the first time ive seen a SN with 20's on it and look great! Nice job man! looks awesome
:tsk:

lol, it is def nice to see someone do something different!!! a 19" wheel fits perfect up front! not too small with your bumper yet not too big either.

thanks guys. the goal was definitely something different, yet nothing too crazy. also had to stay in budget which meant trying to stick with options from AmericanMuscle (discount is hard to pass up).

Don't rub the tire with such a high profile in the front.

I currently have 235/35/19, now wants to use 255/35/19 because this is my back tires size

I thought 255/45/19 will rub the tires.

Just found this thread on a Google search looking at Nurburgring wheels. First thought was "jeebus someone actually did this properly!" and then "I need new wheels soon... hrmmm...". Are these just 05-09 or 10-14 wheels with spacers or do they just fit as is? Any massaging of the fender wells required or any rubbing issues at all? Moar details for those of us who would like to run a bigger than 18" rim. I personally don't think 18s fill up the wheel wells enough. Always felt that the 94-04 cars are rolling around on little roller skates compared to the other stuff.

Again, +1000 for how awesome this thing looks.

Just found this thread on a Google search looking at Nurburgring wheels. First thought was "jeebus someone actually did this properly!" and then "I need new wheels soon... hrmmm...". Are these just 05-09 or 10-14 wheels with spacers or do they just fit as is? Any massaging of the fender wells required or any rubbing issues at all? Moar details for those of us who would like to run a bigger than 18" rim. I personally don't think 18s fill up the wheel wells enough. Always felt that the 94-04 cars are rolling around on little roller skates compared to the other stuff.

Again, +1000 for how awesome this thing looks.

They are S197 offset wheels, or at least the front is. Ryan has the Vintage Venom GT500 Brembo kit on the front, which pushes the front wheels out some due to running a spacer both behind and in front of the rotor. This causes you to have to run the S197 offset, otherwise the wheels stick WAAAY out.

I'm sure Ryan will chime in soon with more details soon [MENTION=146]Prokiller[/MENTION]

i responded to your PM over on SN95F, but I'll restate it here for posterity's sake.

the wheels i have are 05+ offset. The vintage venom kit that Dan eluded to is how i was able to run these. The kit allows for 14" GT500 brembos up front. It comes with rotor spacers for the fronts, and wheel spacers for the rear. You must install longer studs in the hubs/axles for the kit. The kit itself was pretty straightforward. The hardest part was getting the old brake lines off. For the fronts, i probably could have run 20s but i was concerned about turning radius and looking too big. For the rears, I didn't measure the spacers but they looked to be 1-1.5" in size. The tires i'm running in the rear are 305/25-20 Nitto NT555R. I did have to roll the fenders after having the car bottom out and slice the tires a couple times. They are pretty much even with the fender line as you can see in the pictures.

as far as rotational mass, yes the brakes being 14" rotors do add a lot more weight than the stock 10.87" but you're also getting a lot more clamping force. and i'll be honest, i didn't just do it strictly for performance, looks played a big factor too. The spacers are aluminum and weren't very heavy. the 19 & 20 wheels were a lot lighter than the 18's i had on there before.

2010 AM GT500 = 27.5lbs

TSW Nurburgring = 21.9lbs & 24.0lbs