Phatboy

Project: Blood Diamond

Hey guys new here. Names Logan. Figured Id kick off my build thread for your viewing pleasure. So here it is.

PROJECT : BLOOD DIAMOND

Picked up this 95 GT about 8 months ago, and its finally time to start turning her into the dream I have.

First things first, the name. Blood Diamond, obviously its a play on the color. Also, when people think of blood diamonds they think of conflict and war. Another point is the rarity, this body style was only produced for 2 years. There is not exactly a ton of them out there, and even less in good condition. Most people dont agree with air suspension on a Mustang, and Ive never been one to go with the flow. I always want to be the different one. I dont want just another Mustang with Mach1 wheels and red paint.

Plans for the car:

Engine:

331 stroker from Coast High Performance. I already have this engine sitting in my garage, just needs to be cleaned, painted, and installed.

Upgraded clutch

Upgrade the trans when it pops same with rear end

Boom Tube style exhaust like Nascars use

3 core radiator

Moats quarterhorse used with binary editor

Painted engine, heads, valve covers, upper and lower intake

Body:

Shaved handles, gas door, badges, antenna

Two tone paint (Goes to the shop tomorrow for paint)

NO SHINY PARTS ANYWHERE

Custom addition to stock GT spoiler

Custom extractor hood designed and built by me

Mach1 chin spoiler

Smoked Cobra headlights

Smoked and painted horizontal GT tail lights

Suspension/Rims/Brakes:

Air suspension from Air ride technologies, and Accuair (Not my first walk in the park with bags)

Shocks and bags from Air ride tech

AccuAir E-level electronic system, the control pad will be fiberglassed and mounted in the ash tray area.

Viair compressor

1/4 inch lines with push to connect fittings

Pancake air tank in spare tire well

19x9.5 XXR962 rims in back

18x8.5 XXR962 rims up front

Not sure what tires I will run yet

QA1 adjustable rear upper control arms

Bilstein quad shocks

Eibach anti roll bars

Cobra brake upgrade all the way around

Interior:

Seats are already done leather and tan suede

Dash is going to get gauges for teh 331

Short shifter

Stereo is already done minus the subwoofer, and touch screen double din (I already have all the parts for the sub ready to be installed)

LEDs in gauge cluster and HVAC = done

Add a few more billett pieces already have gauge surrounds, hvac controls, door handles, locks.

Here is a photoshop I did of the finished project minus shaving a few items, and doing the headlights.

Carchopdone.jpg

And here is how she sits as of when I purchased her.

DSCN1156.jpg

Interior shot as she sits now.

1ABC049F-E4C6-428A-847B-021143394120-4194-000003F1613689C0.jpg

Just got this back from the exwhor...I mean ex wife

8F666CAC-A568-4972-86D2-A7521CE96B2C-9858-00000A18FC5D48FC.jpg

Here is a pile of stuff that will be getting installed very very soon.

5DD912CE-38E8-4950-86DA-F7CA8B49DF14-4194-000003F029A951BB.jpg

Here is a video of teh sub box I designed for the car. It sits behind the drivers seat on the floor. Yes the port will fire out the other side when I build it.

th_B03A1137-6D05-4795-BEDE-63EAACE10B4E-4194-000003F04DA81716.jpg

Edited by Phatboy

So, just a couple things.

1. Its was supposed to get original 5.0 horizontal tails, but they were damaged during the paint process. Soon it will get these.

2. Yes the headlights came out to dark, this is being fixed ASAP! As in some sand paper and a water hose tomorrow!

Schiffy. Basically the spoiler idea came from Scoobys. Subaru came out with a spacer that raised the height of the stock spoiler 3 inches. I do not want to go that high, but I want to build spacers that raise the stock GT spoiler 1.5". The stock GT spoiler is the best looking one to me, and I want to keep it, but I want a custom look as well. I will be searching for a cheap GT spoler soon to use as mock up.

Edited by Phatboy

Thanks man, sadly the paint came at the wrong time cause I got rear ended. The hood and spoiler will have to be repainted next year.

Hey Shiffy I have an idea for a custom hood to! LOL So When I find the extra GT spoiler Ill need to find an extra GT hood as well!

HAHA thanks Copmagnet!

First things first, the name. Blood Diamond, obviously its a play on the color. Also, when people think of blood diamonds they think of conflict and war. Another point is the rarity, this body style was only produced for 2 years. There is not exactly a ton of them out there, and even less in good condition. Most people dont agree with air suspension on a Mustang, and Ive never been one to go with the flow. I always want to be the different one. I dont want just another Mustang with Mach1 wheels and red paint.

Just a side not, they did make the body style from 94-98. So technically 5 years. Nice looking rig man.

Just a side not, they did make the body style from 94-98. So technically 5 years. Nice looking rig man.

Lol he means they only made sn95s a pushrod for 2 years. And our unique tail lights ;) great looking build man! Can't wait to see it all come together!!!

So, just a couple things.

1. Its was supposed to get original 5.0 horizontal tails, but they were damaged during the paint process. Soon it will get these.

2. Yes the headlights came out to dark, this is being fixed ASAP! As in some sand paper and a water hose tomorrow!

Schiffy. Basically the spoiler idea came from Scoobys. Subaru came out with a spacer that raised the height of the stock spoiler 3 inches. I do not want to go that high, but I want to build spacers that raise the stock GT spoiler 1.5". The stock GT spoiler is the best looking one to me, and I want to keep it, but I want a custom look as well. I will be searching for a cheap GT spoler soon to use as mock up.

If Louisiana wasn't so far away, I've got a mint stock spoiler off my '98

Tapatalk made me do it!

OK guys. Its been a long time since this thread was updated. Life has been a beeotch to me but I've made it through the fight and Im back on top! I just ordered like $2000 in parts for her and quite a few things have changed since I last posted pics. Its been raining here for weeks so she's nasty and looks like a turd, but the suns out today. Hopefully Ill get to clean her up soon and get some pics. 

Things that have changed:
No longer bagging the car and need to do another photoshop. Going for a road race feel. 
Two piece projector headlights and black corners with 6000k HIDs in high and low beams. 4 bulbs
Smoked clear fogs with 3000k HID. These bulbs are being replaced with 6000k soon because the 3000k looks green instead of yellow in teh smoked housing. 
I finally got the high speed miss figured out. TPS, even though it passed the test was bad.
Rims were traded for some staggered 19x8.5 and 19x10.5 TSW Volcanos. They are in pretty rough shape, but will be getting powdercoated(by me) soon. The rear lip is rediculous! 
Horizontal tails with painted bezels and smoked lenses. 
Stage 2 Exceedy clutch
I also tore into the engine and will have pics of that soon as well. It looks brand new inside. Heads come off soon to get checked out then reassembly/dressup will begin. 

Things that are in boxes or on order, that will be installed or modified a week from today. 
H&R Super Sport springs 2" drop
KYB GR2 struts
KYB AGX adjustable rear shocks
QA1 CC plates
Black billet grill and bumper inserts
Front sway bar bushings
Clutch cable, billet quadrant, and firewall adjuster
3/8" wheel spacers, the rears offset is just enough that it rubs on the inside and will rub more when lowered. I can only go 3/8" without getting into the fender lips which will get rolled soon. 
Walbro gss340 high pressure fuel pump 
Prosport fuel pressure gauge
Prosport coolant temp gauge
2 SOS universal gauge pods, I need to order 2 more for the wideband and the boost/vac gauges. 
Black and red 5.0 fender emblems from a 13'
2 - 265/40/zr19 Eagle F1 supercar tires
2 - 245/40/zr19 Eagle RS-a tires
Cutting the cat back off behind the mufflers and running the pipes roush style 

Things to be ordered very soon:
UPR off road Xpipe 
Some kind of tip for the side exit pipes
Aluminum 3 core radiator and fans
Quarterhorse and binary editor

Im glad to be working on her again now that Im single and have time. Cheating whore...I hope she gets the gonorrhea.

your putting 265's on a 10.5" wheel?  that's going to be quite a stretch.  not sure how that's going to look.  otherwise that's one heck of an update.  looking forward to some pics

your putting 265's on a 10.5" wheel?  that's going to be quite a stretch.  not sure how that's going to look.  otherwise that's one heck of an update.  looking forward to some pics

Honestly I think its a 10" wheel.  It has 275/45s on the back right now and they come out just a tad past the rim lip, maybe a 1/4".  The 265s should sit pretty much flush I hope.  Trying to combat rubbing issues and tire availability.