Drake

Question on Brake Upgrades

I am looking at upgrading my front brakes on my 1995 but am not interested in spending 2g's for brembo's etc.... Can you put cobra rotor, calipers from 99-04 mustangs on sn95 mustangs. If so what needs to be done and what parts are needed.

Yes you can. Get the Calipers from a Mach 1, Bullitt, or Cobra. You need new, correct sized rotors, stainless steel braided lines from the caliper to the chassis as well as new Banjo bolts that attach to the caliper/brake line mount. Other than that.... new brake fluid and you're good.

Awesome now when i buy the stuff do i need to buy new edge parts or the sn95 parts as in the braided lines, banjo bolt. Another question if i end up wanting to do it to the rears to do i need to change my brake booster to a cobra/mach1/bullitt.

Awesome now when i buy the stuff do i need to buy new edge parts or the sn95 parts as in the braided lines, banjo bolt. Another question if i end up wanting to do it to the rears to do i need to change my brake booster to a cobra/mach1/bullitt.

No you don't have to. The only one's who have to upgrade are fox bodies, the sn95 is fine, the pedal may be slightly stiffer but that's it.

Drake, I may have an in soon on cobra caliper's on the cheap! Shoot me a text and i'll fill you in. I dont wanna go live yet because I dont know if it's going to work out!

Cobra's a nice upgrade, but 90% of the street cars won't need more than simple upgrades that could be even cheaper for you.

A simple caliper swap (dual piston from the 99-04 V6 or GT), stainless steal brake lines, upgraded pads and a better fluid will do wonders.

The general rule is if you can lock up your tires, traction is your issue, not the brakes. Tires and suspension come into play with stopping ability almost as much as the actual brakes do.

If you don't want red calipers with COBRA written across them go with the Mach 1 calipers instead.

Exact same things, just a matte black instead. That's what I put on mine and couldn't be happier.

$700 for the upgrade now? Damn.. I did it back in the $350-400 days glad I grabbed them when I did.

If you don't want red calipers with COBRA written across them go with the Mach 1 calipers instead.

Exact same things, just a matte black instead. That's what I put on mine and couldn't be happier.

$700 for the upgrade now? Damn.. I did it back in the $350-400 days glad I grabbed them when I did.

if you have an angle grinder you can shave off the cobra lettering. it's just aluminum.

Do you guys just not get out??

LRS sells the SVE 13" Cobra brake lot with rubber brake hoses for $459..

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q179/PureStangs/whitestang.jpg

The same kit with stainless steel hoses for 599..

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SVE-2300K/1994-04-Mustang-Sve-13-Inch-Front-Cobra-Style-Brake-Kit

Im pretty sure LME restoration was the ones who sold the whole kit back in the day for like 250 bucks.

Kinda like how ford raised the price on the 05+ sensors from like 50 bucks to 250 bucks.

They catch on to the parts people are using as upgrade and jack the prices way up. Jews.

Do you guys just not get out??

LRS sells the SVE 13" Cobra brake lot with rubber brake hoses for $459..

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q179/PureStangs/whitestang.jpg

The same kit with stainless steel hoses for 599..

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SVE-2300K/1994-04-Mustang-Sve-13-Inch-Front-Cobra-Style-Brake-Kit

Even 460 seems retarded expensive when you can get the calipers and brackets for 120, and a full set of rotors and pads for 160, then the lines for like 30. idk that's just me though

You can buy a used set of cobra calipers/rotors and lines from time to time that are used for a good price. And cobra calipers are dual piston. Someone said something that made it sound different. It only changes once you hit the GT500 brakes or the 00R

brembos.

I mean guys sell 00R calipers with pads and rotors/lines (without the bracket) for like 480 shipped..

saw a brand new set of GT500 brakes go for 650 shipped.

and a full set off an 04 with spindles/hubs and everything go for 400

so i would take your time and look man

Edited by Shifty

I also have Aerospace brakes up front. I don't recommend them. They are kind of chinzy, and don't stop anywhere near as well as I was hoping. If I was going to buy brakes again, I would get another factory style brake.

Kurt

it needs a larger bore MC. read the instruction manual 1 1/32 bore.. 99^ is 1 1/16. 96-98 is 1".

it needs a larger bore MC. read the instruction manual 1 1/32 bore.. 99^ is 1 1/16. 96-98 is 1".

I'm running them with the Aerospace master cylinder, which is 1 1/8" I believe. I swear Aerospace Brakes are a losing battle, because after I installed the front brakes and their master cylinder, now the rear brakes aren't getting enough fluid volume. So the back brakes are now almost completely useless. I asked them how to fix it, and they replied "Put Aerospace brakes on the back." Which is not only another like $800, it also means I lose the ebrake, which is an unacceptable compromise. I guess I'll put an adjustable brake bias on there and see if I can straighten it out that way.

Kurt

Yeah i just dont want to pay that much at lms. Thanks for all the info fellow members.

Ballin on a budget! I'll let you know how my upgrade goes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i am going to delete the ABS and A/c... i think thats about 35 lbs removed

Roughly yea, I have a detailed weight reduction list I made up with actual parts removed and put on a scale from my sn95 .well from my old car. Ill post it up tomorrow...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2