Ronnie_B

MRT hood struts

Im looking at getting a cervini 95 style cobra R hood. I want to run hood struts with it. i read they are designed to work with stock hoods, so my question is will they work with an aftermarket hood too? anybody have experience with this? also, ive read that MRT are the best hood struts for the mustang, any body have any opinions on any other brand hood struts? thanks

I think it was the MRT struts (or the MMD ones) but they were not a direct install on my Cervinis '95 R Hood.

Edit: If I remember correctly, you could potentially modify the hood to make them fit. If you're buying a new hood it would be the optimal time to do it before paint. To me it would be worth it because the Redline struts need to be drilled & riveted in and they are a much longer strut then the MRT/MMD ones. MRT is just a little nicer of a design and them being smaller makes for a cleaner install IMO.

Sent from Space

O believe I had redline ones. They were awesome. I think they probably saved my roof from being taken out by my hood or my hood shearing right off

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I believe it was just a light shaving on the lower mount for clearance. We also drilled the lower mount to the fender to snug it up.
I'll look tomorrow and see if I can dig some pictures up.

As for weight, I dont think its an issue at all...

They did not work with my cervinis hood.  Not even close.  I could have possibly made the brackets work with spacers but they would've been an eye sore and less appealing than the factory prop rod. Redline is your best option with a cervinis hood. 

I've had MRT hood struts for about 7 years now. They were one of the first mods I did. I put a set on our 06 as well. The only issue I've heard about is the lift cylinder having too much pressure for an aftermarket hood. But I've never looked into it.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

O believe I had redline ones. They were awesome. I think they probably saved my roof from being taken out by my hood or my hood shearing right off

Everything I said was a lie. Reason being is that I owned the MRT NOT redline. So everything I said. Applies to MRT.

When are you planning on buying  the hood?  I am currently trying to get a group buy on hoods on sn95f.  So far I $#'s.

I'm not sure , I have some other things currently in the works. It would depend on the price of the group buy, if it's too good to pass up