Det_Riot

Fuse box relocation

I know plenty of you guys have relocated your main under hood fuseboxes because of wiring tuck projects. It seems that most of the popular areas are under the fender and well under the fender. Has anyone gone out of the box and out the fuse box tucked away somewhere easily accessible in the interior? I'm not about to tackle to job of a full shave this round of mods and I still want the fuse box accessible without jacking the car up, removing the wheel and liner, and then testing fuses.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I asked the same thing a while back and there are a few that have kept access to it.  Excuse the dust the opening on the right is to show the fuse boxes(I am adding one).  The blue piece there is a piece of plexi that mounts in a frame I welded to the back of that panel. 

4449061397058102-a92f8fc778.jpg

I asked the same thing a while back and there are a few that have kept access to it. Excuse the dust the opening on the right is to show the fuse boxes(I am adding one). The blue piece there is a piece of plexi that mounts in a frame I welded to the back of that panel.

4449061397058102-a92f8fc778.jpg

I thought someone asked but couldn't remember. I do like the way you made the removable cover. I just want something that will get it out if the engine bay, hidden, but yet easily accessible

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I am doing a plexi window just so I can see it through the door as well as because there will be some lights in the 2nd one I am adding.  It would not be hard to put a metal door that would not stick out much.  There is a lot of room right there and the wiring puts it there naturally.  There should be pics of what I have behind the fender in my build page or else I am about to take the front end off and finish running all the wires to it hopefully shortly.

Mine is just behind the driver's headlight for now, I figured I'd just wait till I do my bay to relocate it somewhere more hidden. I don't think the added resistance from a longer run of wire from the interior to the fuse box should create any issues, and work-wise extending the wires an inch or 8 feet is about the same amount of work other than routing the wires. You could go with a nice mil-spec connector through the firewall also, @kbscobravert used some super nice ones wiring up his car. I'm sure he could shed some light on the whole idea of relocating the fuse box also.

Oh and I quickly thumbed through his build thread on Corral trying to find pics of the connectors he used (wasn't able to find them quickly though)...thanks a lot for making me look through his build and feel totally inadequate lol.

Did a lot of work on it today, funny how spending a day on wiring doesn't show much... 

The back took a lot of work, and a lot of wire ties/hrns ties to hold it up and I still have to do some large gauge power/ground wires yet.  You can see the area towards the back I am done with, and how much more on the front there is to go...

6168361397165517-f26a03ae3c.jpg

The whole plate the two boxes are mounted too can still be taken out from the back if the fender is off But it is really made for easy access/viewing from the front.

6885831397165542-b4deb34a37.jpg