Jeremy95GT

Jeremy's 95 Build

Alright well I have never really had a indepth Build so since this is a new place with cool people, Ill try it out...

Bought this car several years ago from portland oregon and it was bone stock and taken well care of with no rust anywhere, with 90k miles except for the lowering springs if i remember correctly.

Day i went and picked it up.

untitled.jpg

Since then here are the current "mods"

Body

-SVO Side Skirts

-Cobra front and rear Bumper

-Saleen S281 Spoiler

-Cobra Smoked headlights

Suspension

-MM CC Plates

-MM Full Length SFC

-MM Roll Bar

-2" Lowering Springs

-SVE Lower and Upper control arms

Interior

-04 Cobra Seats front and back

-Black carpet

-Autometer gauge Pod replacement for clock

-Steeda Tri Ax Shifter

-Cobra 160mph Gauge Cluster

Under The Hood

-Nothing currently

Wheels

17x9 Cobra wheels with 275's all the way around

Edited by Jeremy95GT

Oddly enough I really like those torque thrust wheels on it, I've always thought about having a set with some sticky tires on them for some road course fun or something.

Someone put a roll bar in a bone stock car? Kinda weird but at least they did it for you lol.

Next thing i did to the car was go pick up some side exhaust side skirts from a dude whos car was burnt up for some fault fuel lines i reckon...

IMAG0021.jpg

DSCN2645.jpg

After that, i took on a major task of getting my side exhaust right, especially with having full length SFC...

DSCN2664.jpg

Sub frames getting a little love, so the pipes can pass underneath

DSCN2662.jpg

Working on fabbing up the tips...

DSCN2666.jpg

DSCN2670.jpg

How the pipes are run...

27june1.jpg

Oddly enough I really like those torque thrust wheels on it, I've always thought about having a set with some sticky tires on them for some road course fun or something.

Someone put a roll bar in a bone stock car? Kinda weird but at least they did it for you lol.

haha yea, when i bought it i was pretty excited about it... car was bone stock right down to the factory air box... lol

During the process I went to MPS autosalvage and snagged up a set of 03/04 cobra seats... They were parchment and obviously im rolling with a saddle and black interior which did not match at all... so i did a little dye job... and decided to change to some black carpet to clean it up a little... sorry for all the pics, but if your like me, you like pics...

DSCN4959.jpg

DSCN4963.jpg

DSCN4960.jpg

DSCN4967.jpg

DSCN4966.jpg

DSCN4971.jpg

heads005.jpg

DSCN4985.jpg

DSCN4986.jpg

and finished...

DSCN4994.jpg

DSCN4991.jpg

Next thing was the rear end... i had previously before put some 3:55's which i love, because eventually down the line ill have some sort of boost and didnt need anything crazy... so I picked up some control arms and installed them...

DSCN4968.jpg

DSCN4990.jpg

So after alot of research and realizing im not rich, i wanted to build a motor, something good for the street and maybe if i ever decided to do some racing at the strip, it would be a little better than stock... so i decided to start stock up on parts while being on a budget at the same time. Basically bought everything for the motor brand new, so that "budget" really started to kick in, and i began to realize that i was spending alot of money lol

got these X303 heads of ebay really cheap and they came with the SVO 1.6 rr's all for around 600 bucks...

DSCN5177.jpg

also bought a set of ARP bolts from totally stainless cause i seen paul had them and they were just really nice... and worth the money

DSCN5183.jpg

then just random parts here and there, i wanted to keep my stock motor as complete as possible so i could eventually sell it to someone as a complete running motor...

DSCN5252.jpg

DSCN4996.jpg

DSCN4969.jpg

IMAG0720.jpg

IMAG0717.jpg

So along with stocking up on all these parts for a few months, i needed to figure out what to do about the bottom end, i called up to ohio and talked with Ron from Fox Lake Power Products and decided to get a little 306 from him, so he built me a conservative 306 and i sent him my trick flow cam and he installed and degreed it for me...

It has DSS forged pistons, Scat rods and a new stock crank(cause im broke by then) and also provided me a block and used all ARP hardware...

The day it got to my house...

DSCN5330.jpg

DSCN5332.jpg

DSCN5333.jpg

DSCN5334.jpg

IMAG0791.jpg

After about a week with it sitting on the stand, one of my buddys came down to help me start putting it together, and just hang out...

Here he is pointing to something... not sure why hes pointing...

IMAG0807.jpg

IMAG0808.jpg

Installed the timing cover and water pump

IMAG0810.jpg

IMAG0811.jpg

and heres how it sits now... intake is just on to see what it looks like...

IMAG0822.jpg

IMAG0818.jpg

I'd care more if I knew more about building engines lol. Your car looks great though, and hopefully that engine will put out some good numbers.

Lol thanks, while I knew a little bit on how engines work and so forth, this is my first build, I'm kinda just trial and erroring it haha

Sent from my EVO 3D using tapatalk

Actually, putting it together is the easy part, removing/replacing parts isn't hard. The hardest part about working on cars is diagnosis.

And that's my issue, I have been working on big army trucks, tanks for so long, I can diagnose anything on them, but these are a different animal...

haha it'll come with time dude! You got the cam degree'd, that was the hard part lol! next trickiest will be adjusting the rockers. Aside from that, nothing is that difficult!

Actually, putting it together is the easy part, removing/replacing parts isn't hard. The hardest part about working on cars is diagnosis.

My biggest concern is making sure all the tolerances are good etc. I'm very OCD and don't want anything half assed.

Nice. I like what I'm seeing. Would have went with Ford blue instead of red but very nice. :D

Thanks, blue wouldn't be very good with green imo... I like the silver and red, pics don't do it justice

Very good build so far man!!! How much did it cost you to build the conservative 306? If the price isn't bad I might end up going that route. I know where a set of SVO heads & trickflow upper/lowers are good a steal. You can PM me prices if you don't wanna list them in the thread.

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing it running!!

Motor in the car still? May have to pull that head back off to be able to extract the bolt properly. I've got the bolt closest to the firewall crossthreaded on the driver's side on my car and it's just going to have to stay like that until I have to pull that head again. Best of luck getting it resolved.

Yea, I just ordered a new head gasket just to be on the safe side, but yea I'm going to get it extracted, and then have to have that hole re tapped... It's deff a set back, but u live and learn...

Yea motor is in the car, it's not comming back out lol, just the head