Younts_Autosport

2QUIK4A6 - The Scourge's '03 V6 Transformation

Hi everybody,

With a few projects coming up for the car I thought it would be a good time to start a build thread. The Scourge is my 2003 True Blue V6 coupe, my first car and my current 100,000+ mile daily driver. We've been together 8 years and still making memories! I took her name from the likewise-named Transformer (hence "Transformation").

My build has progressed over the years very slowly and on a college student budget but I've enjoyed every bit of it. Small modifications are huge successes haha. I should be getting into a lot of stuff in the next few months and I'll post up pictures along the way.

Here's a list of my major modifications:

-VAP Auto 1/2" intake spacer

-MotoBlue underdrive pulley

-BBK cold air intake and throttle body

-Gasket-matched upper intake (outside hand polished)

-Flowmaster Force II dual catback system

-Eibach Pro-Kit springs

-Tokico HP Series shocks/struts

-Weld-on subframe connectors

-Steeda 2-point strut tower brace

-Ford factory V6 rear sway bar

-17" chrome Wheel Replicas Saleen SC style wheels

-1" rear wheel spacers

-Roush Stage 3 front fascia

-GT rear bumper

-Mustang World Speedshop aluminum side scoop inserts

-Grand Design Mat trunk mat

-Sunpro oil pressure/water temp. gauges mounted on A-pillar

-Shrader Performance rear seat delete

Again, I'm glad to be here on the forum and I hope you all enjoy this build thread.

DSCN0491-Copy_zps10da1bc4.jpg

DSCN0448_zps46751918.jpg

DSC_1102_zps2a596080.jpg

Great looking car. You've got some nice mods done already. I've always thought that Roush front bumper with the stock side skirts and rear bumper is one of the best looks for the new edge cars.

Thanks so much, everybody! I've been very fortunate to have this car. It was originally gifted to me around the time I got my learner's permit. It belonged to a guy in the service (that fact makes me proud) who was selling it since it wasn't really being driven. It was the perfect color and in great shape with around 35,000 miles on it. I've worked to pay for parts over the years and quickly learned the Mustang culture. I eat, sleep, and breathe it now.

A few weeks ago my Dad and I got the new drilled/slotted rotors on the front of the car paired with some Duralast Gold pads. Saturday the rears went on. We reused the stock pads on the rear cause surprisingly they looked good.

The rotors are some inexpensive ones from Mustangs Unlimited, came in plain boxes, I think the part numbers show they're StopTechs. Probably not too much difference in braking between these and the stock ones but it's all good, the new rotors look nice and aren't super corroded so it's a win win.

Here's a few pictures to mark the occasion:

BeforeAfterBrakes_zpsa4497fb9.jpg

DSCN0780_zps4d4d482f.jpg

DSCN0791_zpsb30dd73d.jpg

The brakes look good. One thing though, based on the last two pictures, it looks like the fronts and rears are installed with the holes/slots facing different directions. Seeing as how the rears are solid and the fronts are a vented design I would look at the fronts and see which way the cooling vanes are slanted, if at all. I'm betting you need to swap the front rotors side to side though.

i was thinking the same as @SublimeRT, the fronts should probably be swapped around.   if these are the same ones i had on mine, there were not directional fins inside the rotor, but i think you should at least have all the rotors turning the same way.

Sorry guys, they're correct on the car but I never got a picture of them that way. We started with the driver's side front and I took pictures immediately afterwards, and it was after we lowered the car down and went to start on the passenger side rotor that we realized we had mixed up the R and L. Needless to say we swapped them then and I realize now I never got a picture after that. I even checked the rears against the fronts before we put them on Saturday. My bad haha, thanks for looking out for me.

Great to see sixxxer love.

Love the way the car looks, could use a pretty blower under the hood though :)

Thanks, man! As would be the case with any Mustang I own, it's a labor of love. She could stand to be built or boosted but there's always plenty of things in front of that. I can't really save money (or make myself save money) with all the different projects/mods I get involved with but maybe a year or so from now after I graduate I can invest in it a little more and do all the things I always talk about doing.

I hadn't formally announced it in my build thread yet but this weekend I finally ordered new front seat upholstery. I wanted to have it put on before Mustang Week so it was about time to make a decision. I've been meaning to replace the plain stock seats for years now and have been sporting the rear seat delete for several months.

I'm going with TMI's Mach 1 upholstery in vinyl, dark charcoal with medium graphite stripe. My new seat foams came in earlier this week from CJ Pony Parts and my upholstery should be on it's way from the manufacturer. I'm excited!

DSCN0810_zps80f74c82.jpg

Spent a good while Sunday evening underneath the dash taking up the slack in the gas pedal. It's a neat mod, a little bit of a pain but practically costs nothing and very helpful. I don't have to strain my foot so much to make good contact with the pedal now, and the throttle's a little punchier as a result. Check another thing off the to-do list!

How-to article: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm

So I hadn't mentioned it before now but I'd been aiming to have my exhaust redone. I previously had Flowmaster Super 40s joining to the stock y-pipe but I think the mufflers had finally blown out after about 7 years/70,000 miles worth of driving. I decided since I was spending a good bit of money recently (e.g. new upholstery) I would go ahead and redo the exhaust with new mufflers welded in along with a legitimate mid-pipe. I dropped the car off this morning and drove Mom's Jeep to work. Picked it up this evening.

It now has a set of Super 44 mufflers and an H-pipe. Stock manifolds and cats still for now. It's not much louder than my old set-up at idle but under throttle it resonates a bit more and has a nicer rumble. Pretty loud (for a catted six) on take-off, at least compared to my old set-up. Overall, I'm happy. Also, I can go ahead and get underway with a tune now that the exhaust is done.

Maybe I can have a video made soon or something? I don't know. In the meantime thanks for keeping up with my build, guys!

looks good under there.  You should really get rid of those cats ;)

I need the cats for NC but I'd like to weld in high flows at some point. Didn't have the time or means to do it this time, really, but it's somewhere on the to-do list. Thanks for the continued support, my friend.

i love this car. tastefully done

Much appreciated, sir!

Well, a lot has happened over the last week or so. The last few things I wanted to have done before Mustang Week are taken care of. Sunday the front seats came out and went to the upholstery shop. I took the time to vacuum the car out and didn't have to wait long for the seats to be done. They went back in on Tuesday. The side bolsters are very supportive compared to the stock seats, and these look 100x better so needless to say I'm pleased with new Mach 1 seats.

While all that was going on I had contacted Luis Ortiz at Ortiz Performance about a custom tune. A while back I bought an SCT tuner and I figured I should purchase a tune before Mustang Week. I'm now running a tune on 87 octane but I'll probably fill up with 93 before leaving for the beach and upload the 93 tune. Again, I'm pleased.

The pre-Mustang Week mods are done now and so is the maintenance. She's ready to head to the beach. Due to rotations, I won't be leaving for Myrtle Beach until Wednesday evening but I'll get there and be ready to attend the Battle at the Beach dyno challenge the next morning.

DSCN0945_zpsc5f308a4.jpg

DSCN0947_zps814bfea1.jpg

DSCN0948_zps2bca32a5.jpg

DSCN0949_zps3f9a653e.jpg

@tony talk to @Waylon@TMI he is a vendor here

i know this man lol. i think my seat frames are f'd though. drivers side is bent. 

anywho scourge love the seats. the grey stripe at the top brings it all together just right  :2thumb:

• Moderators

i know this man lol. i think my seat frames are f'd though. drivers side is bent. 

anywho scourge love the seats. the grey stripe at the top brings it all together just right  :2thumb:

www.upullandpay.com down in Cincinnati is my store.  Check their inventory to see if they have any SNs there and go grab the seats.  

Thanks, everybody.

I haven't had anything to really update with in a while now, haven't really had much of a to-do list after getting back from Mustang Week. Some neat things did happen at the beach, however. I didn't really mention it to anybody before but my car and I were actually selected for MM&FF's Battle at the Beach dyno challenge this year! I was at the Pro-Dyno tent Thursday morning for the competition and got to see what the car would make after the recent exhaust work and tune. The last time it was dynoed was Mustang Week last year. Here's a picture of the dyno sheet. She made 177/194 hp/tq when all was said and done. I was so proud to have my car there!

DynoSheetDynoChallenge_zps5226bc95.jpg

Still not a lot happening with the car. She did win in the daily driver class in a car show about a week ago though, so that's cool! Lately my focus has more been on saving some money and searching for a second Mustang. I'm looking for the right new edge Saleen and one that I can afford.

There's just a few things I want to take care of with my car for the time being, one being to touch up the bottom of the front bumper from where I curbed it last week (hooray for u-turning on a crowded, four-lane highway). I'm also thinking about changing spoilers. I want to change from the stock spoiler but I want to be able to justify it based off more than looks, so I'd like it to be somewhat functional as ridiculous as it may sound. The Roush spoiler sounds good to me, but ever since I saw the Saleen extreme spoiler/DCA38 spoiler on an '04 Saleen I was in love. You can still get the genuine Roush wing but I think the Saleen wing would have to come from Trufiber. I would try the Saleen wing on the V6 but I don't want to use it if it ends up being the same wing on the Saleen I may purchase in the near future, if you get what I'm saying. Decisions, decisions...

I ended up doing this a while back but never posted about it, got bored and took pictures of it Saturday. I experimented with decals and decided to put my name on my car, placed it on the quarter windows. Reactions have been mixed, although mostly positive. My family name is very important to me and I feel like the name on the car can help to more readily identify me with the car. I can always take the decals right off, too, if need be.

DSCN1248_zps88f83e6d.jpg

DSCN1245_zpsab9ec3d5.jpg