Younts_Autosport

2QUIK4A6 - The Scourge's '03 V6 Transformation

Who cares what others think. As long as your skin is thick enough fuck the haters. Props for being proud of your family. Maybe throw a little flag in front of your name like rally drivers do of whatever heritage you are?

makes a dude proud 

tumblr_msge9eM1Hq1s7549ko2_400.gif

hahaa real talk though, I'm at the point, maybe i'm just getting old, where I don't even give a single shit about what people think anymore. I had a guy at the track today tell me my car was too low and I should raise it so I can transfer weight. I looked at him square in the eyes and told him to promptly lick my nutsack.

Just kidding, I told him no. 

Who cares what others think. As long as your skin is thick enough fuck the haters. Props for being proud of your family. Maybe throw a little flag in front of your name like rally drivers do of whatever heritage you are?

I thought about an American flag originally, but I still don't know how I feel about colored decals on my car. My OCD self has thus far only permitted white decals on my windows lol. I left enough space for them, though.

Anything to set my car apart, man. I've got an idea for the windshield wipers but that's for another day.

Hope everybody that's reading this had a Merry Christmas. During my holiday break from school the car has moved forward with a few small successes! In the maintenance department I've replaced my tag lights (one was burnt out) with LED bulbs, and while I was at it my replaced the overhead/interior light with an LED. Didn't change the map lights but I figured it wouldn't be necessary. Otherwise not much is happening, just waiting for the opportunity to handle a couple other things maintenance-wise and working on some other things.

My ridiculous idea of removing the passenger side wiper blade has worked out well so far. I'm using a little paint-matched piece from Anchor Room to cover the factory wiper stalk. I still think taking the wiper off has given the car a little cleaner look and my driving experience hasn't really suffered. I took a few pictures in the driveway yesterday just to point out the delete.

DSCN1279_zps25e1ddf9.jpg

DSCN1278_zpsa2c4364e.jpg

I'm already off to a great start in the new year! I'm not going to be focusing a whole lot of resources on my V6 this year, 2015 is all about knocking out a couple modifications and keeping up with maintenance while I...um...focus on other endeavors. But I'm already taking care of one of those 2015 modifications. I just ordered it used, in my paint color off of eBay.

My Roush spoiler is on it's way!

that will look great man. love the front bumper cover too...good choices

Thanks. Roush components have always been some of the best looking and most well-manufactured stuff I've seen. The spoiler and bumper look great on a car without side exhaust, too (I spent a lot of time looking at the Roush 360/380Rs for reference).

did you go with something like the stage 3 ones have?

Yes, a genuine stage 3 wing from a True Blue model, a little worn but not any worse than my factory spoiler. I'll try to post some pictures here shortly.

A few pictures before it goes on. I have to repair one bolt that has fallen down in the spoiler on the passenger side end (should be easy fix) and it should be ready to go. Don't know when I'll have time to put it on but it should be soon enough. The spoiler looks good with the exception of some clear peeling on the back. I'd be concerned about that but it's honestly no worse off than the rest of my car. The factory spoiler and parts of the trunk have hazed up in the sun, the car is scratched in numerous other places and I have a front fender with bare metal places...it should fit right in haha

DSCN1286_zpsbb2377f0.jpg

DSCN1287_zps0cb7cf78.jpg

Finally have pictures of the car with the new wing. Driveway pictures, of course. I haven't had the chance to take nice pictures of the car in a while and now my focus has shifted somewhat to the new car...

The mounts for the stock spoiler were apparently wider than the mounts on the Roush wing, so I have some visible wear and tear on the trunk from where the old spoiler sat. That and the clear peeling off the Roush wing just kinda adds to the worn out look of a daily-driven V6 car that needs paint work altogether. Oh well, at least it has a Roush wing on it now! The car might be a little more stable at highway speeds now, or it very well could entirely be my imagination.

DSCN1324_zpscbenhvtb.jpg

DSCN1323_zpsxmo3qbqb.jpg

DSCN1321_zpsgqaxwufc.jpg

Let me resurrect my V6 thread now with some pictures I took today. I felt pretty bad when I realized how long ago I had taken any decent pictures of the car so I treated her to a bath (sortof...$2 car wash) followed by a quick and dirty photo session. She's still pretty photogenic for a daily driver in need of TLC.

_DSC4664_zpsmxz05nc1.jpg

_DSC4665_zpsktpymkft.jpg

_DSC4651_zpsgjtkvsmh.jpg

_DSC4655_zpsmseo1rew.jpg

So after many months I finally have something to post about. Originally I wasn't planning on focusing much on the V6 in 2016 but an unfortunate "event" that occured a couple months ago forced my hand a little and now let's just say the front end of the Scourge will be getting an update. I lucked into a genuine 99-01 Cobra bumper about a year ago that I traded my old stock V6 bumper for (true story). The Cobra bumper was going to be a spare although I contemplated selling it to a good friend who could be trusted with an item considered by some to be so desirable. Well, the time has come to actually use it...

Let the updates begin...in the process of getting everything together...

post-612-0-80222300-1452878129_thumb.jpg

So after many months I finally have something to post about. Originally I wasn't planning on focusing much on the V6 in 2016 but an unfortunate "event" that occured a couple months ago forced my hand a little and now let's just say the front end of the Scourge will be getting an update. I lucked into a genuine 99-01 Cobra bumper about a year ago that I traded my old stock V6 bumper for (true story). The Cobra bumper was going to be a spare although I contemplated selling it to a good friend who could be trusted with an item considered by some to be so desirable. Well, the time has come to actually use it...

Let the updates begin...in the process of getting everything together...

I kinda wanna see pics of the mishap... does that make me a bad person? lol   at least you get to use one of the best looking stock bumpers for the SN's!

I kinda wanna see pics of the mishap... does that make me a bad person? lol   at least you get to use one of the best looking stock bumpers for the SN's!

It's like a train wreck, we shouldn't want to look but we do!!!! Lol

This is exactly right

Here's a picture of the carnage, you jackals. The picture I posted was right after the mishap. It honestly didn't look that bad after we cleaned it up a bit but I'm still driving it around with a damaged bumper until I have everything I need and new parts can be painted. What happened was I was on a busy stretch of highway where people slow down ridiculously around this exit/entrance ramp that loops around to another highway below, traffic began to slow there at the ramp and I must not have braked hard enough early enough. We suddenly came to a complete stop and I locked up the brakes and tapped an S10. Didn't do a thing to the S10, my pride took the worst of it.

I've been focusing on the positives of the experience. As much as I loved it, my poor Roush bumper's days were numbered and having to replace it has allowed me to focus more effort on the V6 and freshen up some things I was going to let slide for most of the new year if not longer. In my possession are the Cobra bumper, Taiwan-made fog lights with genuine Ford bezels, headlights, a new headlight mounting panel, and one of the Ford filler panels from the Mach 1 grille delete. I'm trying to do everything right this time since I'm presented with the opportunity. I had to purchase a hood since the accident cracked the stock fiberglass 99-01 style hood. I decided to go with a functional unit this time around so I've purchased Kaenen's heat extractor model. These are actually exciting times.

post-612-0-55500500-1453092313_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of the carnage, you jackals. The picture I posted was right after the mishap. It honestly didn't look that bad after we cleaned it up a bit but I'm still driving it around with a damaged bumper until I have everything I need and new parts can be painted. What happened was I was on a busy stretch of highway where people slow down ridiculously around this exit/entrance ramp that loops around to another highway below, traffic began to slow there at the ramp and I must not have braked hard enough early enough. We suddenly came to a complete stop and I locked up the brakes and tapped an S10. Didn't do a thing to the S10, my pride took the worst of it.

I've been focusing on the positives of the experience. As much as I loved it, my poor Roush bumper's days were numbered and having to replace it has allowed me to focus more effort on the V6 and freshen up some things I was going to let slide for most of the new year if not longer. In my possession are the Cobra bumper, Taiwan-made fog lights with genuine Ford bezels, headlights, a new headlight mounting panel, and one of the Ford filler panels from the Mach 1 grille delete. I'm trying to do everything right this time since I'm presented with the opportunity. I had to purchase a hood since the accident cracked the stock fiberglass 99-01 style hood. I decided to go with a functional unit this time around so I've purchased Kaenen's heat extractor model. These are actually exciting times.

On to bigger and better things.  Love those Roush bumpers but the 99-01 Cobra's are sexy as well

Very sorry to hear about the accident but glad you're ok and the damage was minimal.

From what you're planning on using, the car should look phenomenal.  I've always loved the 99/01 bumper.  It would be one of the first things I would do if I had a 99 - 04 car.

Be excited, everyone. My V6 is finally going to the painter either tomorrow or a weekday next week! I've acquired a few things but haven't had the chance to post about any progress lately so here's the details:

- I replaced my cracked factory hood with the Kaenen model. I was pleasantly surprised at how much lighter the Kaenen fiberglass hood was compared to the composite stock hood, I thought the weights would be pretty comparable. I'm thrilled to now be running a hood that not only serves a function over the stock hood but also shaves a little weight.

- Back when my dad bought the white face gauge kit from LRS for his Roush the kit included spare tach and speedo vinyl overlays for a V6. I recently removed the problematic reverse-glow white face gauge kit from my V6 cluster (I think the problem was in the module, not the external wiring, so it was beyond me) and decided I would try out the spare tach/speedo vinyl overlays as a simple solution to the dilemma of stock gauge faces. This operation was successful. My cluster now has a white tach and speedo. I actually like it this way. It kinda balances out with my two a-pillar gauges.

- I purchased unnecessary and overpriced Terminator mirrors. I'm going to have these painted True Blue and then see if they match my kinda True Blue/kinda purple Saleen. If they aren't a good match for the Saleen then they'll be gifted to my V6.

20160129_122029 (2).jpg

20160229_114605 (2).jpg

20160229_210536 (2).jpg

20160301_105213 (2).jpg

20160302_095857 (2).jpg

Edited by TheScourge232V6