chris91

Newest addition to the Evil GT

Sold off the XXR's and bought me some more replica wheels. Vordoven Forme 9's in 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 with BFG KDW 285/30 up front and 295/35 out back. More than likely going with a 35 series up front soon though.

16840511612_08c603bfea_o.jpgP3141400 by chris91b16, on Flickr

16634331057_64f3448ebe_o.jpgP3141404 by chris91b16, on Flickr

16219292244_5420c42091_o.jpgP3141407 by chris91b16, on Flickr

16634328677_7093570a42_o.jpgP3141409 by chris91b16, on Flickr

They are Work replicas. Thanks guys!!

Tony, no I havent yet. Found a local guy renting the Eastwood roller for $250 then I get $200 back when I return it. REALLY thinking of taking a wooden bat to it and being easy on it though. Im sure I could finesse it where I need it. LoL

And yeah, I wanted some meats on the front because I love my backroads. That and I got the whole set of tires for DIRT cheap. Gotta love the New Edge cars though, no rubbing at all with them up front!

• Moderators

Rather than paying $50 to rent a roller, you could just buy one brand new from Eastwood for $99 with free shipping and have it any time you need it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/361231032136?lpid=82&chn=ps

This is how I got mine.

They are Work replicas. Thanks guys!!

Tony, no I havent yet. Found a local guy renting the Eastwood roller for $250 then I get $200 back when I return it. REALLY thinking of taking a wooden bat to it and being easy on it though. Im sure I could finesse it where I need it. LoL

And yeah, I wanted some meats on the front because I love my backroads. That and I got the whole set of tires for DIRT cheap. Gotta love the New Edge cars though, no rubbing at all with them up front!

Look on you tube about phone book fender rolling,it's pretty funny but seems a lil more gentle than the old baseball bat

i dont see the issue with buying a $100 tool that will do the job correctly the first time.  I spent over $100 for a timing tool kit for my 4v.  probably will never use the tools again, but they were priceless when used. heck, i could probably sell them for as much as i paid for them. i may even buy another 4v, who know. never say never.   suck it up and buy the fender roller.  you have too nice of a ride to fudge it up with a baseball bat. 

Quite alright, but I would never pay someone half of what something is worth just to borrow it, lol

They were $250 for the longest time, then I bought mine when they dropped to $170 a couple years back, now they're down to $99. Same roller as when it was $250 so that shows what kind of profit margins Eastwood has to play with.

I would at least never put down a $250 deposit on a $99 tool but that's just me lol.

Car looks great either way :2thumb:

Just heat up the lip with the heat gun thoroughly then go gradually with the roller. Not really any tips to offer other than just work gradually. I've seen people try to roll too aggressively and that's how you end up with wrinkled/wavy bacon quarters lol. You'll need to keep heating the lip with the heat gun every couple minutes to keep the paint softened, but you probably already knew that.

Yeah I figured its all about finesse and keeping the paint nice and hot. I went ahead and ordered the roller last night and its supposed to be here next week. Picking up a heat gun tonight. :2thumb:

LoL, waiting till the weekend to mess with it. Im redoing the colors on my calipers and brackets too. Cant decide if I want to put these blue lug nuts I have on or if I want to sell them. Painting the calipers Silver with Black brackets since the interior has a bunch of silver being its a 35th AE car.