KidK9

KidK9 1997 Cobra Convertible Build

Just picking up some parts and waiting for the cold weather to break.

MGW Shifter for the TKO.

Florida 5.0 Carbon Fiber Autometer gauge cluster. 

damn that is a nice gauge cluster!! 

I love the gauges but don't care for the cluster.

To me it looks like something for a track only car. As much as you do custom to your cars it just seems like this was..........

.....how do I say it.......

.....too easy?!?? I don't know, maybe once I see it in the dash it will look different to me. I'll wait before I make my final decision!!! :-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Don't worry, it will be finessed.....

Never liked the fit and finish on the florida 5.0 cluster. It is bumped to far out in the dash almost flush with the dash. If it was recessed back into the dash like the stock cluster it might not be to bad. The textured finish is also terrible on those clusters, don't know what they were thinking with that. Although it could be sanded smooth and doctored up to look decent.

Never liked the fit and finish on the florida 5.0 cluster. It is bumped to far out in the dash almost flush with the dash. If it was recessed back into the dash like the stock cluster it might not be to bad. The textured finish is also terrible on those clusters, don't know what they were thinking with that. Although it could be sanded smooth and doctored up to look decent.

I agree with you. I wish it sit back a little further, but maybe we can get it to do that. The textured finish won't last long as that will be changed, smoothed, etc. 

We just get so spoiled with seeing all the custom stuff sometimes that it makes it hard to think of anything not being as extreme.

Obviously your other car really spoiled us with seeing custom awesomeness!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Don't worry, this one is going to be even better.

35 minutes ago, Tabres said:

I dig the hood a lot.  I've always preferred the regular single cowls to a R style cowl.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I really like this hood.

Shittastic repair job of the Cobra front bumper, so it meets the land fill. Replaced with a Stalker unit. Love this thing.

Cobra Bumper Repair 2 3.17.16.JPG

Cobra Bumper Repair 3.17.16.JPG

Cobra Front End 3.17.16.JPG

Front End 3.17.16.JPG

Front End Stalker Cowl 3.17.16.JPG

Side Shot Bonspeed Cowl 3.17.16.JPG

Stalker Bumper 2 3.17.16.JPG

Stalker Bumper 3.17.16.JPG

man i'm excited about seeing this car finished up! you'll hear the typical boo's over that front bumper....but that makes it even more badass when you pull off the look like a champ! in which i know you will 

was never a big fan of that bumper but i'm interested to see how it turns out.  I've seen a few cars that have pulled it off and it looks awesome

2 hours ago, tony said:

man i'm excited about seeing this car finished up! you'll hear the typical boo's over that front bumper....but that makes it even more badass when you pull off the look like a champ! in which i know you will 

Oh I'm not worried. We both know who the wankers are who gave me hell 5 years ago over my last car....and now we see the difference between mine and theirs.....

23 minutes ago, KidK9 said:

Oh I'm not worried. We both know who the wankers are who gave me hell 5 years ago over my last car....and now we see the difference between mine and theirs.....

das wassup B-)