fry

Removing the a/c system?

Can someone explain how to remove the entire a/c system from a '96 gt? I'm not saying I'm gonna do it, but I wanna read how lol. I tried googling it but I haven't been able to find anything.

Youll need fuel/ac disconnect tools. You will need to take out ac condenser infront of the rad unbolt the compressor and remove in hook lines at fire wall and remove the canister on the passenger side.

Youll need fuel/ac disconnect tools. You will need to take out ac condenser infront of the rad unbolt the compressor and remove in hook lines at fire wall and remove the canister on the passenger side.

Do you have to evacuate the system?

Yea unless yours is already empty mine had a leak so it was empty

It has a leak but idk if it's empty. I was hopin I could find pictures of everything I had to take off. I know nothing about HVAC haha.

Yea you'll have to pull the radiator it sucks

ughhh I'll just wait. My a/c doesn't work and rather than fixing it, I'd rather remove it all. I don't want this car to be my daily driver lol.

That's the route I went with mine. It's on a mega diet. I got kinda mad at my car and haven't been doing much with it besides staring at my vortech

That's the route I went with mine. It's on a mega diet. I got kinda mad at my car and haven't been doing much with it besides staring at my vortech

I loveeee my car, and the excitement has been much more since I stopped driving it as much! I think after I wrecked my car it was pretty much rock bottom, but I've been doing everything I can to fix it without spending money lol.

Yea I hear ya when I blew my motor last year I just stopped caring and am doing a slower build then it I want it done right

Yeah, after I wrecked it I thought it was pretty much over, but since I've been fixing stuff the way I want it I've realized theres still hope left. I'm just waiting on the body panels and motor! Trying to do everything I can til then!!

Nice yea I'm going to start back on my car this week. Gotta pull the motor back out pull the oil pan and cam. Then I'll assemble it all back together drop it back in bolt the blower on and stuff. Then I'll have to remove my roll cage again so it's ready for paint :( so much to do

Nice yea I'm going to start back on my car this week. Gotta pull the motor back out pull the oil pan and cam. Then I'll assemble it all back together drop it back in bolt the blower on and stuff. Then I'll have to remove my roll cage again so it's ready for paint :( so much to do

Dangggg haha have fun with all that. You should post more pictures of your car.

Yea I'm going to make a build thread for my yellow car, I've got all the pictures over the years so I'll make a detailed a thread not a fucked up thread like my last one

Liz, you do realize you will have to reconfigure your belt set up right?

They make an a/c delete set up for the belt, right?

My personal opinion is if its not a race car, there's no point in removing the ac, you can always fix it

Why be miserable when driving it on the weekends or whenever u drive it

Sent from my EVO 3D using tapatalk

I've never used a/c when I had it. I stay hot all summer down here, but if I go from being outside to a/c it makes me sick. I can stand the heat, I can't stand forced air though. It's weird but I'm just used to it, and going from one extreme to another makes me feel like shit.

I keep the a/c in my house on like 80 during the day and the windows open at night. I just don't like forced air.

I ditched the A/C on my old car and used the Ford Racing delete kit pulley set up to maintain the stock belt routing.

My clutch just went on my '98s compressor and I can't wait to fix it. I didn't realize how much I used the A/C in Miami. It's been a very hot week for me in a black car with black leather wearing a black work shirt while driving from site to site.

Venom, that is a good write up. I used that one this winter when I deleted mine :encouragement:

Did I miss something? I don't see where Venom posted in this thread.

Did I miss something? I don't see where Venom posted in this thread.

See below

Here is a good write up on how to remove it. Not on a modular but I'm sure the AC systems are set up pretty much the same. I used this when I removed mine.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-delete-the-a-c-system-pics.816675/

No prob, that write up had it all covered for me when I did it. Wasn't hard to do, just took some patience.

haha nice, might be something I try over the winter lol. Everyone says well if you don't use it why not just leave it, but if I don't use it why not just take it out? haha I mean either way I reckon I don't really care. Just seems like a waste to have it with no intention of fixing or using it.

I deleted mine because it was creating problems with mounting the intercooler where I wanted it, and was interfering with how I wanted to run the piping out of the blower. I have used the AC 3 times in 9 years so out it came, lol.

Not to mention all the lines and the way Ford routed them is ugly as hell.

Yea the 94/95 ac lines look like shit the way they wrap around the motor... The 4.6 cars ain't as bad but if you don't use the a/c I guess its best to drop it... Its 90 deg here in the winter so its a must have with a daily driver...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2