Hogstang

Interior interchange

Hey guys,

First post so don't blow me up to much, but I need to know what year interior parts fit for my 94 GT. It is a vert, had a bad top and its 23 years old and needs some love on the inside. It needs door panels, center console, rear panels and of course seats. I only ask in a hurry cause my local you pull it has a few mustangs there and they are having a 50% off sale staring on Saturday and I could get everything cheap. Thanks and looking forward to learning more about the SN95 as I was a foxbody guy back in the early to mid 90's.

Keep in mind that 99+ has charcoal rather than black (not sure what color your interior is). It's not immediately obvious but once the charcoal is installed, the color difference is noticeable.

Also, will coupe rear seats work in a convertible? That's all I can find in my local u-pull-it place and they are having a 50% off sale for the 4th this weekend. 

• Moderators

Coupe seats won't work in a convertible.

Also, 94-98 had saddle interiors, 99-04 had parchment.  Very different next to each other.  Same with black and charcoal.  Otherwise, all 94-04 parts should work.

everything will physically interchange from 94-04.  it's just the color difference as mentioned that you have to worry about.  they do sell interior paint that people have had success with.  the only thing you have to be mindful of is that there are vert specific pieces such as the rear seats, seat belts, door cups (where the window switches are) and some wiring.  wiring can all be tweaked to make it work, but sometimes can be a little work.  example is if switching from a 94-97 single din console to a 99+ double din.  the defrost button and fog lights move so you need to rewire them.

I have some black door panels, kick panels, sill plates and scuff plates i'd sell ya for cheap. 

5 hours ago, Hogstang said:

I have completely gutted the inside other than the dash, which is black on the tops side of it. How hard is it to take the dash out? Thanks.

Follow these steps if you wanna get to this point:

D83CBAB1-5ADC-4430-A6F1-6A1FDEA91813_zps

1] disconnect the battery 

2] remove the knee panel under the column

3] remove the metal panel that was under neath that

4] remove the next metal panel beneath that metal panel lol

5] disconnect all wiring from the steering column

6] remove the bolt from the steering column to steering shaft u-joint

7] sit back and curse Ford engineers

8] remove the four bolts holding the column to the dash and yank that fucker out!

9] remove the kick panels and remove the  located at the lowest point of the dash above the hood release and also the passenger side in the same spot, Then look above and behind the bolts you just removed and you'll see a bolt that is at an angle, remove them. You'll have to open and/or remove the glove box to see the bolt on the passenger side. Take the time to disconnect all wiring harness connectors to the dash located in both kick panels

10] remove the center console,

11] remove the six bolts holding the lowest point of the center dash to the braces attached to the floor pan

12] remove the center dash bezel, disconnect the radio and HVAC wiring/vacuum lines, then disconnect the air bag modules located below the radio on the floor

13] remove the upper dash, defroster vent trim CAREFULLY as you can easily crack the windshield and I highly recommend plastic trim removal tools and patience

14] remove the three bolts along the top edge of the dash

15] remove the dash and drink some beer

or

watch this video:

Also, I'd consider changing the heater core while you have the dash out because you'll have to remove the dash AGAIN to do so.

Swapped out an entire babyshit brown interior on my wife's 98 ragtop with a black interior.  Hardest part was the dash.  Back seats and rear side panels are convertible specific.  

It's been said but basically everything 94-04 will switch out.  Just be cognizant that the back seat and rear panels/belts are convertible specific.  Otherwise snatch everything up.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I found a parts car and got the front half interior out of it and included the dash. Both air bags have been deployed, but I will use my steering colum and figure the other out. Anybody know the best place to get the rear "door panels" ( I don't know what to call them) and seat belts and a trunk carpet kit. Thanks again for all the replies and help. I can wait to get the interior back in it to drive it some before paint.

The best place is still out of a wrecked car with the right color interior.  Otherwise you grab any color and paint it yourself.

The Lloyd trunk mats are great.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I found a parts car and got the front half interior out of it and included the dash. Both air bags have been deployed, but I will use my steering colum and figure the other out. Anybody know the best place to get the rear "door panels" ( I don't know what to call them) and seat belts and a trunk carpet kit. Thanks again for all the replies and help. I can wait to get the interior back in it to drive it some before paint.

Also guys, I did notice that on this dash, which came out of at least a 99 or newer, the fuse box is different as well as a few other things. Do I need to take the harness and fuse box off my 94 dash and put it in the new one. Thanks again for your guys help

5 hours ago, Prokiller said:

would probably be better to keep the wiring of the 94

+1, probably a safer option to reuse as much of your electrical elements as possible. Don't want any gremlins popping up.