White95

Opinions for my GT's facelift

Some of you know I have a GT that desperately needs TLC in the paint and appearance department. I have recently decided to stick with the GT front bumper cover (FBC) instead of swapping to a Cobra FBC. Not one to leave things untouched, I'm on the fence concerning chin spoilers or other types of front facia upgrades.

I was initially going for this look:

DSG3.jpg

DSG4.jpg

Question:

What visual upgrade to my GT FBC would best compliment such an "aggressive" wing and hood?

Whats that bumper look like, I like the hood you have alot is that a 3"?

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Dammit, I meant s351 spoiler..

I'd paint the hood to match, get some real hood pins, lower the front a bit, and get a racing splitter.

That should pull of an 'aggressive' look.

racing splitter... Interesting.. Yes, the WHOLE car needs paint.

I'd paint the hood to match, get some real hood pins, lower the front a bit, and get a racing splitter.

That should pull of an 'aggressive' look.

I like the hood pins idea.. My ride height won't be lower than it already is:

washday004.jpg

whose ride is that? thats badass... the tire/rim/caliper/rotor/drop set up is so incredibly sexy... love it... love the color the spoiler everything about it is great! cant wait to see pics of your project in progress :)

I believe he is a member over on SVTPerformance.. As for my heap, more pics soon.

What are you going to be doing with the car? That'll help me give you a better response.

My car is a nice weather daily driver, open track/autocross rig that will also sit pretty at car shows.

MMM more open track cars popping up :D

Well of course I am going to have to recommend the Tiger-Racing hood along with the Steeda race spoiler since that's what I'm getting. Stance is right but tune it for open track of course. Other spoiler suggestions would include the T1, S351 (if that's what you like), or go crazy like APR fuctional race spoiler.

If you don't like the TR hood you can always go for other heat extractors. Check out this thread I started since I had the same questions.

Actually, already had a T1 wing:

white95rear.jpg

bbdirtystang.jpg

and a s-351 wing (which mysteriously disappeared)

PB040071.jpg

I have a new s-351 wing ready to install!I'm also set in the hood department. No need for a change.

Before I bought the T1 I looked at the Griggs GR40 Spoiler. Funny story, I actually almost bought it off the guy that owns this car and this is THE most aggressive looking SN95 I've seen (besides the kermit the frog green color)

m5lp_0311_02_z+1997_ford_mustang+rear_view.jpg

m5lp_0311_07_z+1997_ford_mustang+front_view.jpg

Moving past JB's ride, how is a Cobra bumper more conducive to an open track car? I fully understand making concessions in certain areas for other goals. Lol, I'm not trying to build a A-Sedan or American Iron ride here. Just going to attend HPDE events once a month.

Moving past JB's ride, how is a Cobra bumper more conducive to an open track car? I fully understand making concessions in certain areas for other goals. Lol, I'm not trying to build a A-Sedan or American Iron ride here. Just going to attend HPDE events once a month.

For one, less flat 90* surfaces = more aerodynamic. But that's not the main reason. My main reason for liking the cobra front is the same reason I love the roush front. the huge fog light holes. Turn those bad boys into brake ducts, that's what I'm going to do when my car becomes a designated track car. the mold on the bumper is perfect for it.