Det_Riot

A Financial Mistake - the 03 Mach Build

Well, well, well, I actually never would of imagined that I'd be starting a new build thread before updating the sexual teal's thread, but here I am. Since Jo's car is quickly becoming a heavily drag oriented build, she's been talking about wanting something else that she can just hop in, drive, not worry about if there's e85 along the way, and just tool around in. As luck? (not sure if that's the right word) would have it, Jo came across a Mach that seemed too good to be true. Torch Red 03, Manual, 40,000 Miles, Fairly stock (raxiom tail lights, AM wheels, Magnaflow axleback) and the guy only wanted $11,000 for it. Seemingly way too cheap for the miles, and not being in the best buying situation, Jo schemed up our buddy buy it since he was looking for a summer daily anyways, and we'll pick it up from him right before the winter. Cool. As he talks to the guy working through some negotiations, the guy tells him that he's 57, owes 9,700 on it, and really just needs to dump the payment. So $9,700 later, our buddy comes home with the car, the original mach wheels with brand new tires, and the OEM tail lights in the trunk. Some of you may remember this snap: 

48357845137_72ed7ee24d_h.jpg

Well less than a week later, he hits us up and goes so when do you guys think you could buy this from me? I found something else I'd rather have as a daily -___- 4 days later, we're now the owner of a 03 Torch Red Mach! 

48358038817_ab007081a1_h.jpg

48357844862_fa4cbd2f28_b.jpg

48357845007_a2ab9135ab_b.jpg

Immediate plans include getting it some fresh tints, springs and shocks, temporarily lending it the RK's for Mustang week, replacing some of the torn up graphics, and sequential light harness. After MW, I believe it'll be getting dropped off to LTH Exhaust down in SC so they can use it to prototype some 4v headers!

• Like 2

You know I like it!  Great find.  But them wheels gotta go!

I really like the AFS Mach 1 wheels in 18" staggered.  That's what I have on my AB Mach 1 now. 

Just a suggestion...... LOL!!!

Ryan

On 7/23/2019 at 10:31 PM, streetpilot said:

Always loved that Shaker hood. This should be a great build. Let her keep the RKs- major points, and you'll still get to see them every day. Just kidding- I couldn't do that either😊.

Sad part is, they probably will just stay on the Mach since the SN will more likely than not end up on another 15/17 set up lol

On 7/24/2019 at 8:34 AM, Yeahloh95 said:

very cool if I find a yellow in the same shape, I plan to pick one up as I don't have a new edge yet

Gotta grow the collection! Even though we're out of space for them already hahah

On 7/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, White95 said:

Very cool.. Prototype headers, you say? 

On 7/24/2019 at 1:48 PM, RedTwilight said:

Interested to hear more about these prototype headers also!

On 7/25/2019 at 11:04 AM, Prokiller said:

are these prototype headers going to be facing forward and have a spinney thing mounted to it?

LOL No, unfortunately they will not be forward facing or have wasabi whirly bois on the ends of them! LTH Exhaust (subsidy of CPE) is expanding their product base, so they'll be taking the Mach to use for it's 4v development!

48 minutes ago, TTSALEEN said:

You know I like it!  Great find.  But them wheels gotta go!

I really like the AFS Mach 1 wheels in 18" staggered.  That's what I have on my AB Mach 1 now. 

Just a suggestion...... LOL!!!

Ryan

Oh yeah, they're ATROCIOUSLY bad lol to be fair the 4" of wheel gap doesn't help anything but either way, they're terrible! 

Sooooo Mach got Detailed and put away for the winter. Between the racecar, the whale cannon, and remodeling our house, there was no love left for the mach 😅😅 Updates to come when we do something with it in the spring!

I was almost certain I saw on Instagram it had a different set of wheels........................

Lol nah, it’s on those Same smutty cobra R reps for the winter [emoji23] maybe once the SN gets rolling, the BBS will get put aside to grace it’s presence in the spring [emoji1693][emoji1693][emoji1693]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk