Det_Riot

ROTM Rulez (no longer valid)

Boys and girls the time has come! ROTM!! We have an abundance of worthy cars so each month is going to be a tough decision. Please pay attention to what is typed in this post because this is how ROTM will be run. It is different than most everyone is used to. Yes it's more work for me, however I think it will be pay off in the long run!

General Nomination Information

1. THEMES! Yes finally, what everyone has wanted! All stangs, 94-98's, v6's, SVT's, Non-sn95, pumpkin theme (orange or black), christmas theme (red and green), even PROJECT OF THE MONTH!! Each month will have a new theme to vote on!

2. Nominations will run for one week, per usual, no real difference here. You can not nominate your own car, nor hint at it. If it's worthy, and fits the theme, someone will nominate you. The cars with the top 4 numbers of nominations will move onto the voting stage. This means after a nomination is made, feel free to second, third, fourth, etc etc the rides you feel worthy. And yes you can nominate more than one car.

3. Cars that have won ROTM in the past year can not be renominated. Also cars that made it to the vote in the previous month are also not eligible in the following month. In fact, I'll make it easy on everyone and post up a list every month in the nomination thread listing those who are ineligible.

NEW VOTING PROCESS

Voting will run for one week like it has in the past. How voting is conducted is entirely different.

This is where everyone needs to pay attention because it is easy for you to become confused. Everyone who votes will be posting scores for the cars instead of casting a vote for one car. That is right, no more polls to look at.

So lets run though this is an example:

The top 4 cars nominated in this month are the following:

95Rio Opal iRoush Ferocious

Each person voting would give each person a score on Interior of the car, Exterior of the car, and the Motor of the car.

Scores are given on a 1-10 scale, 10 being the highest.

So a possible ballet would look like this:

Interior/Exterior/Motor

95Rio: 8/9/10

Opal: 9/8/10

iRoush: 7/8/9

Ferocious: 6/7/6

I'd take each person's ballets and average each of the scores, add them together and whoever gets the top score out of 30 wins!

95Rio: 8.5/8.9/9.4 = 26.8

Opal: 8.7/8.4/9.8 = 26.9

iRoush: 8.2/9.1/8.6 = 25.9

Ferocious: 7.5/8.1/7.3 = 22.9

As you can see in this example, just barely, Opal would edge out 95 Rio for ROTM.

I know you're all thinking wow this seems like a lot of work, well frankly, it is. Do I care? Absolutely not. I think this is the most fair way to run it, and it makes people really think about their votes before they cast away.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! It's going to take a few months to get used to however, once this system is flowing, you won't be able to stop us!

Edited by Det_Riot

This is a great new way to do it . I like all the new rules and plans should be pretty cool to see a different theme every month. Makes things interesting

I think only the winner of the previous month should be ineligible for future runs. Not the other 3. Or you will run out of cars to choose from for further months. Maybe I missed it, ill have to read again. But how to people put their rides up to be voted on? Buy submission or does one person pic the cars?

Sorry if I missed it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I think only the winner of the previous month should be ineligible for future runs. Not the other 3. Or you will run out of cars to choose from for further months. Maybe I missed it, ill have to read again. But how to people put their rides up to be voted on? Buy submission or does one person pic the cars?

Sorry if I missed it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

lol no worries, theres 1 week of nominations and 1 week of voting. the cars with the most nominations move onto voting. We're going to try it out this way for now. With the different themes it shouldnt be an issue anyways. But I know on other sites it seemed like the same cars were being nominated every month.

sounds good!

I still think we should have a way to recognize the people outside of their car too though as we have some people here that do wonderfull things in just giving sound advice each day but may not be driving a car that would be recognized.