itsblown93

what gears do you run?

3.55s. Same gears I bought 14 years ago used for $80. That will put me at about 126mph at the top of 4th, which is about what I realistically expect to run should I ever make it back to the track. Any taller gear than that, and I'll be shifting to 5th or letting out. You have to start thinking about your trap speed if a big engine is in your future. If you are doing a turbo 427W, you're looking at 3.27s and a 28" slick.

Kurt

Id go 3.73s in the capri :)

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

That's what I'm going with, just need to find an 8.8, first. I really want to find one from a 94-98, so I can use all the disc brake parts with my fox-length 5-lug axles. I was going to do 4.10's, until I got the cam-card. Ah well. The car is pretty stupid with 3.08's in it LOL.

What rear is in the capri? I have a fox housing in mine 1979/98 housings are all the same..

The earlier Foxbodies and Capris' had a 7.5" rear end.

Kurt

Ahh that sucks, check the local junk yards! I picked up my rear complete rotor to rotor with control arms for $126 out the door.

Yea, still running the stock 1984 7.5" rear with the Auburn style diff in it. I'm telling you, that was a HUGE pain in the ass trying to get my 5-lug axles setup in it. I figure I'll try and find a 94-98 8.8" with all the disc brake hardware, that way all I have to do is modify the caliper mounting bracket so I can use my fox length axles.

Maybe in January when I plan on dropping the IRS.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Why do you have to be so far away?!? I'd gladly take that IRS off your hands for less than your willing to part with it for.

My '86 had 4:10s and a 5 speed and my 04 has 3:73s and a 5 speed. I loved the gear in my fox but hated the highway cruising. My car vibrated enough the way it was. 5th gear in my 04 is pretty far out and highway cruising is beautiful.

Why do you have to be so far away?!? I'd gladly take that IRS off your hands for less than your willing to part with it for.

My '86 had 4:10s and a 5 speed and my 04 has 3:73s and a 5 speed. I loved the gear in my fox but hated the highway cruising. My car vibrated enough the way it was. 5th gear in my 04 is pretty far out and highway cruising is beautiful.

Lol. I'm not dropping it to get rid of it. I'm dropping it to upgrade the bushings and half shafts. I love my IRS. It's the main reason I kept the Cobra when I went to sign the papers and there was a DSG Mach 1 on the lot. The only upgrades I've done are the heavy duty pinion brace and Billetflow diff brace. I grenaded a stock half shaft getting on the freeway once.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

3.73's are perfect all around gears! I would go either 3.55's for a supercharged car, and 3.73's for n.a car, anything higher or lower is not enough or to much gear! I love my 3.73's perfect from down low and high! and can still pull to 150+ easy!

that was the plan for my post deployment money. finish paying off the car and a t56 swap. whole kit is 3800$...I was like win!

the whole kit is 3800? Id go t56 magnum for 4200 for a kit instead.

4.30s here, ill never go back

the whole kit is 3800? Id go t56 magnum for 4200 for a kit instead.

4.30s here, ill never go back

I believe the kit is a magnum. the 3800$ one just doesnt come with a clutch. where the 4200$ comes with a king cobra clutch IIRC. if we are even talking about the same website..

Stay the Fuck away... Look at my build thread on SVTP, I had a hell of a time with them. They have to undercut the competition to get sales, then they bone you the entire way

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Stay the Fuck away... Look at my build thread on SVTP, I had a hell of a time with them. They have to undercut the competition to get sales, then they bone you the entire way

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Maybe he likes the idea of getting boned the entire way...

Sent from my secretary!!!