Stable Master

Project Dead and Alive - A tragic story of love, hate & murder....! ?

Thought I'd make a soap opera title, figured it would be appropriate :party: I have another thread on a different forum (not gonna mention the name, I don't wanna get beat up) and instead of copy/pasting I'll just write up a new one :)

Why am I calling this project dead and alive? It's simple, this car has died at some point and I brought it back to life. So, why not just call it "back from the dead"? Well, I figure I'm going to go for the baddest, most sinister look I can possibly pull off without being over the top with this thing and I've decided in the process a wire tuck is in order, when the opens up anybody that sees it will have a hard time believing it starts; or so I hope.

With that being said lets get down to the basics of this car.

The car:

1997 Mustang GT - 127k miles on it's last odometer reading

Powerplants:

Stock n.p.i. - Gone

Full p.i. - Gone

Flinstone powered - Not anymore

Full p.i. again - Gone

32 valve powered - Now.

Kinda see where this is going? Dead and alive!

Onto the pictures we go damn it!

Before it was torn down to a bare shell -

CIMG2739.jpg

CIMG2742.jpg

During it's time as just a bare shell - Exactly the way I received it

2010-05-16172453-Copy.jpg

As a rolling chassis -

2010-05-19183519.jpg

2010-05-19183504.jpg

IMG00178-20100811-1937.jpg

The donor car -

2010-05-19183715.jpg

2010-05-19183704.jpg

Back to the car at hand - All primered up and in it's latest state, the car had sat for 3 years as just a rolling chassis

photo23_zpsbc43abba.jpg

photo12_zpsdf3e0d28.jpg

Due to neglect I managed to spin a bearing on the motor, I tore the P.I. transplant completely apart

photo31_zps2a643482.jpg

2013-05-29192508_zps43759c1e.jpg

2013-06-11210432_zps93265df5.jpg

After tearing it apart I found it to finally be the opportunity to do the things I've wanted to do for a very long time

I bought myself a 32 valve swap -

2013-06-11212858_zps9ddb531f.jpg

A set of black Saleens -

photo32_zps966690cd.jpg

Then realized primer grey engine bays are not the coolest thing in the world -

photo34_zpsd8f70a2a.jpg

I introduce to you, Ford's Torch Red - D3 A.K.A. Colorado Red

photo35_zpse89d8e6f.jpg

photo37_zpsee94417e.jpg

photo36_zps314c9e34.jpg

photo39_zpsa4791519.jpg

The last picture the car's current state with things changing on it slowly, looks like today is start up day I just need to work out some minor issues and we'll be good to go :)

I love seeing builds like yours. Most people don't have that kind of dedication. What hood is that in the first pic and is that a Lincoln intake?

Hood in first pic is a Saleen hood, it ended up on my white one (see sig) I was going to get another one to put on this car again but I'm aiming for a little bit of a different look this time around

Hood in first pic is a Saleen hood, it ended up on my white one (see sig) I was going to get another one to put on this car again but I'm aiming for a little bit of a different look this time around

Any pics of the Saleen you could post up?

Ah shit I'm sorry dude I completely ignored your question. It is a Lincoln motor, it's out of a '98 mark 8 that had 80k miles on it

No worries. The valve covers were throwing me off and I was thinking it might of been an early aviator engine.

So, I've got a small update for you guys :)

With me being the odd person that I am, I couldn't stand looking at the plain jane black wheels. Like I said, they looked generic to me (lol as funny as that sounds being that I have a set of wheels everybody has)

Anyway here are the wheels, you guys have already seen them:

photo32_zps966690cd.jpg

Here they are sanded down

9137609526_e3173f2e02_b.jpg

Here they are all nice & grey with a base sealer (very important, most painters will fail to mention this because some don't even know about it)

9135388293_cf9b05e4c9_b.jpg

I ended up going with this totally rad Toyota color - Black pearl -

9135387785_2af02b9c30_b.jpg

9135387417_7cb0864ca5_b.jpg

Here is the final result - No flash

9137628782_a4d8081ed8_b.jpg

With flash

9135413097_7cc7d79b8c_b.jpg

9135415207_f5b4c74b46_b.jpg

2013-06-25 10.45.14

Natural sunlight

9137627528_0d8a6efdcc_b.jpg

2013-06-25 11.03.56

9137620178_20e7785baa_b.jpg

Essentially, the wheels are still black just with this super baller metallic over them. I'm thinking they're gonna stay like this. Possibly :smile:

Edit: One more shot with all of them together

9136537665_7a14a2f147_b.jpg

Edited by Stable Master

Those turned out really nice! Is the car staying red or going with a different color?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! They're definitely growing on me at this point. The car is gonna be torch red, I'm of course going to add a couple things here and there to set it apart so we'll see how that goes :)

That's a good look man!

Tapatalk made me do it!

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks guys! :salute:

Alright guys, I wasn't supposed to have an update for at least another two weeks. Well, it looks like Santa came in early this year. Just two days before my birthday (on the 3rd) my brother and I gave myself a nice present.

Now this is the only picture I'm gonna show right now and trust me it does this paint NO JUSTICE. AT ALL. My insides melt every time I look at this car.

I present to you... My '97 GT, finally reborn.

Also, don't mind the way the fender is sitting. I just threw it on the car for the pic lol

9186571536_af454769d3_b.jpg

photo (44)

Nice work. Reborn is right, hell this thing came back from 6' under! 4V's are a ton of fun in higher RPM's, I fondly remember my '94 Mark VIII for that. Pulled like a freight train once the IMRC's opened up.

Thanks guys! It's been long and very bumpy road but it feels good to look at the car now. The sense of accomplishment is a bit overwhelming considering I don't even recognize the car anymore lol I'll have some better pictures in a few hours :tears_of_joy:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work. Reborn is right, hell this thing came back from 6' under! 4V's are a ton of fun in higher RPM's, I fondly remember my '94 Mark VIII for that. Pulled like a freight train once the IMRC's opened up.

Honestly, I wanted to do a 4 valve in this car for soooooo long then right as the opportunity arose where things started getting stable and I could afford to get one, my 2 valve spun a bearing. Almost like the stars aligned for me :loco: I can't wait to get this thing registered and on the road already so I can install long tubes on it and put it on a dyno to get the full potential of the motor before I go and do something crazy like throwing a power adder on it :)

Thanks guys! It's been long and very bumpy road but it feels good to look at the car now. The sense of accomplishment is a bit overwhelming considering I don't even recognize the car anymore lol I'll have some better pictures in a few hours :tears_of_joy:

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh tell me about it!/8? Going through the same thing!!

Oh yeah, that looks good:bananen_smilies011:

Haha @ the bananas, thanks man!

Ugh tell me about it!/8? Going through the same thing!!

Det_Riot, I absolutely love your car! A picture of your car should be next to the word Badass in the dictionary, the front end of your car is just so damn aggressive! I can't wait to see your car completed!

Awesome!!!!Tapatalk made me do it!

Thanks! I'm gonna leave you guys with one more picture :) I took her outside today, omg what a badass color. These cars should've came in torch red. Also, the wheels look exactly how I wanted them to. The effect is perfect. They look black when the lighting is correct then they look like a black chrome at certain angles then they look super metallic gun metalish in direct light

9191316932_3a4e29125e_b.jpg