Venom351R

Big day is finally here, time for the new combo to put some numbers down on the dyno!

If all else fails could you get most of your money back by selling the parts? That would be a serious bummer to have this engine not work AND lose a bunch of money over it.

Id run the same combo on a different engine If I had to. Id just get a 351 shortblock and bolt this entire combo onto it, but I'm not counting on having to do that I just hope its something stupid like the retarded head gaskets.

As far as this oil leak is concerned... I'm gonna say that your head alignment dowels are propping the heads up on the lower side. I had the same problem with a set of heads.

Take the heads off and remove the gaskets. Place the heads back onto the block with the alignment dowels in place. Measure the width of the gap between the block and head, on the lower edge. Anything larger than .025" is a problem.

Now I'm curious.

Edited by The Mk2

Mr gasket.. I hope that was a joke trav. Either MLS or cometic nothing else

Thats what Ed told me to get, sent me a link and everything.

Was thinking of getting Felpro Q10112

Edited by Venom351R

Ok why not?. I want the thinnest gasket on there as possible, it has a ton of PVC.

1011-1 gaskets are MLS and have a better fire ring. And the difference between .041 and .039 is irrelevant when comparing compression ratios and power output.

Edited by The Mk2
severe brain fart

How much is all this gonna cost you?? Or is the builder eatin the cost????

No one is eating the cost but me. I was the one that put it together, just wish I went with my gut and got the felpro's from the start like I was planning on doing. He's going to call me back on monday for the cost of replacing the head gaskets. Gave him $500 today to cover some of the costs of what had already been done on the car. There were a lot of little issues that had to be worked out, it all adds up plus they had to fab up a 3" H pipe b/c my prochamber was not going to work.

I had my doubts about it being the heads themselves just b/c they are so new and were professionally done. Would have been un likely that the head surface was never checked for being true.

At least its an easy fix, crappy part is that its all caused over a $35.00 part.

headers are going back on today. Dyno tune of next week or the week after. He's having issues with the dyno at the moment waiting to get some parts back from Dyno Jet

they are not taking a long time, just that there were so many issues that came up that no one saw. Big lighting storm fried out something on his dyno for the second time this year so he has to send some "Box" back to dyno jet to be reparied, fixed or replaced.

my tuner's dyno went out during a storm. the storm hit so hard unpredicted. it fried 2 chips. one was for MAP(boost)reading and 1 for something else. i had to go by the boost gauge in the car to see where i was making power in the curve.

well this whole thing has been one unforeseen delay after another so it was not to unexpected lol. Light is at the end of tunnel though and I'll have all of sept and oct for racing. Being that its been a hot humid summer I would have not gotten my best times until now anyway.