Froush

Project Froush

So, i figured id copy and paste the main points of my build from another site. A lot of people already no me but for those of you who dont, my car started as a bone stock v6 when i bought it. I was young and fell in love with the car the first time i drove it. Since it was my first mustang, i grew a love for it and dumped tons of time in this bitch. This build has been a budget build from the start and i only have $14k into it, including the price of the car.

First day i got it.

post-460-1388183904219_thumb.jpg

While i was down in south carolina i only did minor things like tint, vinyl stripes and flowmaster dual exhaust. I know....bad taste in exhaust tips. young and dumb. haha

post-460-13881839043547_thumb.jpg

After getting orders to Virginia and moving up here. I really wanted the sixxer to look good. So i added a roush body kit, new hood, and got some new wheels. Holy damn 4x4. lmao. Even with it that high i still scraped the driveway at that house.

post-460-13881839045154_thumb.jpg

Soon, i started to get the power bug. I saved up money, did a lot of research, and found a badass deal on a donor gt. Built vt 302 stroker, stage 2 vt heads, vt stage 2 cams, full boltons, longtubes, built trans, built rear, upr k member, coilovers......yada yada yada. Bought the car and soon stripped her down. After all said and done, i did the swap for $1500 after selling everything i wasnt gonna use. Not too shabby for 312hp/342tq.

101_0483.jpg

101_0500.jpg

101_0518.jpg

Picked up some fr500s off craigslist for $450. Made some custom emblems. Sold the roush wing and bought a saleen spoiler. Got some new seats.

101_0551.jpg

101_0553.jpg

101_0633-1-1.jpg

I was happy with that power level for a little while. Then i came across a kb 2.2 with zero miles on it. Got it basically complete for $1500 shipped. Since i picked it up so cheap, i upgraded some things such as the h/e, ic tank, and then i needed a fuel system to support it. Made 580hp/571tq before running out of fuel at 5500 rpms. I had a leak inside the gas tank which was the reason. Im sure it would have been over 600 easy.

101_0748_zpsda6213bc.jpg

101_0746_zpsb04d362b.jpg

dc31e213-c085-4eeb-896a-8edb701c1e8a_zpsabb2724b.jpg

There is more story, but ill finish it in a day or two. Gotta go to bed because i have work early in the morning.

Thanks guys!! Yeah, i traded the fr500s straight up for the centerline qualifiers. That is my street setup. I desparately need traction on the street and dont wanna pay $350 a tire for it. Ill pay $200. Lol. I have some telstars with hoosier qtps for the track.

Thats where my story was going. When it was n/a, it ran a best of 12.10 @ 115. Well, the first run with blower it got stuck wot, stayed on the rev limiter 7 or 8 seconds, and destroyed some stuff. ill get pics up when i get home tomorrow. That run was a 11.47 @ 130mph with a super shitty 2.2 60'. lol. Im currently rebuilding. Got a teksid block and bored it out, kept the stroker crank, new pistons, new rods, all new clevitte 77 bearings, new arp hardware throughout, "new" used foxlake stage 2 heads, solid motor mounts, decided to get hood struts, new custom rad cover, repainted the engine bay, powdercoated some stuff, and im replacing my h pipe with an x. I know, i bought some stuff i didnt really need but oh well. haha. I bought the last pieces of the puzzle yesterday, so when im done playing navy and come home in 2 or 3 weeks, ill get it back together and start breaking it in. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for all the compliments.

- - - Updated - - -

When i get it back on the dyno, i fully expect over 600ponies to the wheels.

Thats where my story was going. When it was n/a, it ran a best of 12.10 @ 115. Well, the first run with blower it got stuck wot, stayed on the rev limiter 7 or 8 seconds, and destroyed some stuff. ill get pics up when i get home tomorrow. That run was a 11.47 @ 130mph with a super shitty 2.2 60'. lol. Im currently rebuilding. Got a teksid block and bored it out, kept the stroker crank, new pistons, new rods, all new clevitte 77 bearings, new arp hardware throughout, "new" used foxlake stage 2 heads, solid motor mounts, decided to get hood struts, new custom rad cover, repainted the engine bay, powdercoated some stuff, and im replacing my h pipe with an x. I know, i bought some stuff i didnt really need but oh well. haha. I bought the last pieces of the puzzle yesterday, so when im done playing navy and come home in 2 or 3 weeks, ill get it back together and start breaking it in. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for all the compliments.

- - - Updated - - -

When i get it back on the dyno, i fully expect over 600ponies to the wheels.

You gonna have it back together before the DTP Dyno day in September?

No this new engine build was included in that $14k. I rebuilt a brand new engine for $1k minus the crank. Should handle 900rwhp. But so shouldve the old one. Detonation is a beotch. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing different is that i lowered compression just a tad. Not enough to change the tune

Thanks Caleb. Yeah, i do tons of searching almost everyday. Well as promised, heres more pics.

Heres the damage a couple seconds of detonation can do.

IMG_20130510_130405_161_zps3dbec6d7.jpg

IMG_20130510_130430_802_zps280c84ec.jpg

7 out of 8 sparkplugs were melted. This was the worst one. It still ran and idled like this. haha

IMG_20130509_171528_267_zps7de160b0.jpg

New Teksid!!

IMG_20130615_131257_143_zpsb6117d4a.jpg

IMG_20130703_162539_490_zps6244808e.jpg

you could almost eat cereal out of these

IMG_20130703_162601_181_zpse6959d2e.jpg

Edited by Froush

Well everything is finally coming together. Too bad i wont be home the next week or two to finish it. Shortblock is buttoned up. Still need romeo timing cover bolts (or the size if anyone knows), a crank bolt, and i need to fix this motor mount by knocking the old bolt off and welding a new one on...............................These next weeks are gonna kill me.

IMG_20130814_161241_553_zps24c431c7.jpg

IMG_20130815_181043_279_zpsd6ecc0f7.jpg

IMG_20130815_181104_459_zpsa2fcfd76.jpg

IMG_20130815_181152_510_zpsfb4011e6.jpg

I think I found the timing cover bolts [MENTION=460]Froush[/MENTION] and I'm 99% sure i have a crank bolt. You can have all of them if you want them. What ship are you on? I'm port ops, i get movement sheets daily, so I know who's where and when they're coming back. lol

On the roosevelt cvn-71. The bad thing is the first part of it is fast cruise. Not even going out the first week. That would be awesome man! Has the crank bolt been used before? Ill definitely take them off your hands man.

On the roosevelt cvn-71. The bad thing is the first part of it is fast cruise. Not even going out the first week. That would be awesome man! Has the crank bolt been used before? Ill definitely take them off your hands man.

Y'all finally leaving the yards? Yeah, the crank bolt is used. Is it a TTY and toss bolt?

Well the crank bolt is on its way, [MENTION=280]Schiffy[/MENTION] is a badass and gave me some timing cover bolts.

Glad I could help! Sorry I wasn't feeling well and you had to come over and grab them off my car. Haha... Now get busy putting it back together!

[MENTION=460]Froush[/MENTION], what division are you in. The company I work for does all of the Laundry and Galley crap. I am a refrigeration type. We were on there for a day a couple of weeks ago looking at the stuff up in WardRoom 1. Once you get back over to Norfolk we will be on there more.

matt