laddanator

New KB Arrived Today!

Thanks guys! I've always wanted a KB but the heat soak and IAT temps have always scared me. Been talking to a member over at SVT Performance (mystickb1996) who actually made a intercooler for the 96-98 KB setup.

www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/959375-kb-2-1-a-3.html

I've been talking to him thru PM and he is ready to have a machine shop make some kits. It works like the 03-04 Cobra setup. 03-04 tank mounted upfront with a pump to pump the fluid thru the heat exchanger. KB also makes an intercooled model but it's over 2 grand more than the one I have.

I was wanting too go procharger for the intercooler as well but you can always throw a small shot of meth at it.

I've been looking at meth kits. I was waiting on the heat exchanger deal from mystickb1996 but he just informed me it would be this summer before the kits are ready. Not sure I can wait until then to install the KB. I could always pull the blower back off and install the heat exchanger and have the meth as well.

I am however taking the upper intake part (the blower bolts to) to the machine shop for a 5/8 NPT to relocate the IAT sensor.

check this out. http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/ this is an alternative to "snow". depending on the nozzels and the mixture you run alot of times you can half your IAT's.

Thanks for the link!

any other pieces needed with the KB?

For mine, I bought a set of 47lb Ford Racing EV6 Injectors (adapters need to convert to ev4), 90mm Lightning MAF, 320lph High Flow fuel pump (already installed with a new gas tank), threaded IAT sensor, new crossover tube o rings (just in case I break one removing cross over) and NKG plugs. These item do not come with the kit and in my opinion is a must.

Thanks man.   Already have the lightning maf and upgraded fuel pump hopefully all I need then is just the injectors.  Had a good week with my stocks that I am taking some profits on so might be sooner then I hoped.

What a beautiful sight. You're gonna love the KB!

Yes indeed! :)

Thanks man.   Already have the lightning maf and upgraded fuel pump hopefully all I need then is just the injectors.  Had a good week with my stocks that I am taking some profits on so might be sooner then I hoped.

No problem. Man you wouldn't believe how big this KB is in person. The pictures do it no justice! :)

I too need boost and am getting more anxious to get that membership card.  What are you doing about tuning?

I'm going to Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, NC. Once the install is complete, they will email me a base tune so I can safely crank the car and let it run until warm up temps so I can check for any issues before I haul Mysty down to them.

I am hoping the Anderson power pipe I have now will hook up with no issues.  Also moves the maf into the fender to clean the engine bay up. 

Is this the pipe you guys are using?

http://www.shopdezracing.com/anderson-power-pipe-for-96-98-cobra-01-02-bullitt-mustang-to-be-used-with-velocity-or-pro-m-77-83-shorty-m-a-f/

looks exactly the same although I have a pushrod 94.  You will also need a flange for the MAF to mount too.  Got that on ebay.  Use locktight on that flange.  One day I was surprised that suddenly I felt the car run over something unexpected.  Pulled over right away and could see the filter in the road.  Filter was toast, flange had scratches of course but it was still straight.

No I was asking them more about if my cam would be good too go and just some other stuff specific too my motor and the parts on it.  I have no idea why you are moving it but would love too hear why.

Do you have a 4v or 302? I think you told me but I've read so much in the last two weeks.

You get a more accurate IAT reading after the blower. Before the blower doesn't give you the true reading as the air before the blower is going to be cooler than the air leaving the blower. If you don't have your IAT where the air would be the hottest to retard timing if the heat is too much, you can blow the engine. If the IAT is before the blower, the computer will read that air temp and determine its normal and will be unaware that the air coming from the blower is much, much hotter which could cause detonation and that is bad.

Does this make sense?