Zach

what to do with my exhaust

ok i need some help guys I'm trying to figure out what i want to do with the exit strategy on my car. To start i will be running mac long tube and pro chamber, and want to use the 6inch magnaflow race mufflers. Were I'm stumped is how to exit it; I want to do something different, but i want it to be practical. The only thing off the table is rear exit because i will be running a pan hard bar and don't want to have to fight routing around it lol. So all of you genius fabricators help me out.

You could most likely keep the back seat by running the exhaust traditionally and then just kicking up and through the floor ish area so its only the tip going out under the seat. Idk if that makes sense or not haha

you can get remakes of the svo skirts from abc exclusives.  side exhaust is awesome, but it is going to be more expensive than just dumps once you factor in the skirts and paint.

The ABC ones are actually pretty good.  You really only get the "SVO" lettering with the SVO ones.  The CDC ones were tits and its ashame they are not around anymore.  I'm sure SOMEONE has a set they'd sell but good luck finding them and the price will probably be crazy.  The Roush ones might not look as good to some people but they are better (IMO) for ground clearance and fit of the actual sidepipes.  I'm actually trying to get ahold of an original Borla side exhaust but that's proving tricky.  Everyone knows about the Spintechs and Steeda also does a really nice sidepipe catback kit.  The Steeda one is cheaper than the stainless Spintech one and comes with tips already and everything.

Yea I'll prolly get the borla tips and make a custom exhaust using the magnaflow race muffler. And I heard the the cdc skirts have a better mounting set up than the original svo's.

Yea I'll prolly get the borla tips and make a custom exhaust using the magnaflow race muffler. And I heard the the cdc skirts have a better mounting set up than the original svo's.

Good luck getting the actual borla tips. Sometimes harder to find than the actual exhaust. I bought a whole kit just to have the tips.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I found a guy who has a set he says would probably need refinishing.  That's fine by me, sandpaper and polish and some elbow grease or have them blasted/coated worst case.  Problem is he doesn't seem to be very motivated to pull them and actually sell them...  

Might just wind up buying the Steeda exhaust anyway when I do sidepipes...  looks like a bamf piece. 

568E6396-AC33-44A3-89A2-5DB8DF55BF01-142. Well I finally figures out what I am going to do; I will be incorporating just the side part of the new boss 302 mid pipe as the main exit for my exhaust.

Should be sweet! Are you going to be going with dumps?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

will the pipe be big enough to handle the exhaust flow?  I can't really tell but it looks kinda small in the pic. I think it just helps the boss breathe, not necessarily push all the exhaust through it.  Not sure though, just my .02!

@Det_Riot I'm gonna try to make it exit just like it does on the boss - the rear exit part. @Blackmage yea I've been looking into pipe diameter to see what they are and I can find a definitive answer, I might run to the ford dealership and see if the have a boss I could measure.

• Moderators

Yup, the boss has electric cut outs to dump it out the side 

Guess I never saw that... seems like it would look kinda weird from the outside having four exits at two spots