the5.ohh

The "shinebox" project.

Got the car bone stock.. 1995 5.0 AODE (unfortunately).. I've done the following mods. (only writing the noticeable onces, all the little shit is too much to type out lol)

5f54dd91-e7c4-4767-b511-393b9046d555_zps

Exterior:

99-04 Mach 1 Chin

Kaenen S281 Wing

99-04 GT Fender Badges

Black housing projector headlights (not those shitty ricer ones)

Black housing sidemarkers, clear fogs with jdm yellow 2500k bulbs

35% tint, SS bumper inserts, red calipers, plastidipped bullitts..

Exhaust:

Mac LTs, BBK Shorty o/r X pipe, Mac flowpath muffs, 2.5'' tails with 3.5'' magnaflow SS tips

Engine:

C&L Ram air intake, 76mm maf, iridium plugs, frpp 9mm wires, billet smog pump delete, egr delete, screamin demon ignition coil. new iac, cap & rotor. New radiator, upper, lower, heater hoses, 180 degree tstat.

Drivetrain:

Stock.. except a B&M Hammer ratchet shifter.

Suspension:

Stock. except kyb shocks and struts.

I'm missing a lot but figured the bigger stuff would be better to post instead of all the little shit.

I have the following parts waiting to go on- 4.10 gears, new bearings, J&M Street Rear LCAs, BBK 70mm throttlebody.

Plans:

Try and fit my X pipe up further so I can have more ground clearance, so I can drop the fawker. Have all the parts installed.. Buy a speedcal and eibach rear sway bar.. I plan on doing the control arms and sway bar myself hopefully.. After that stuff is done, I'll be saving for a trickflow top end kit, bigger injectors, maf, fuel pump, MM subframe connectors (full length), dyno tune..

Looking good! The car will look like a completely different car once you drop it. I remember grinning ear to ear when I dropped mine the first time, so much so that I've dropped it like two more times since then, and I'm working on air ride now lol. Those 4.10's will be a lot of fun too :2thumb:

Looking good! The car will look like a completely different car once you drop it. I remember grinning ear to ear when I dropped mine the first time, so much so that I've dropped it like two more times since then, and I'm working on air ride now lol. Those 4.10's will be a lot of fun too :2thumb:

thanks man. I've had the car photoshopped a buncha times to see how it would look dropped, and its ridiculous how sick it looks lol. I gotta get my x pipe up first before I attempt a drop. Right now even with a 1'' or 1.5'' drop my x would scrape like crazy.. fawking bbk lol. Air rides amazing! Yeah I can't wait to get those 4.10s in, right now its pretty slow, but hey its loud haha

nice ride man! def get the drop in there asap. even if you do it before the 4.10's itll look 100x better and you will enjoy it more walking up to it ;)    either way the 4.10's will kick you in the balls compared to the stock gears in there!

getting rid of the 4x4 look these cars came with is the best mod. makes the car look 100 times better. cant wait to see this when your done!

Yeah a drop definitely makes them look so much better. Hopefully I can drop it.. Its been photoshopped with a drop.. I'll just leave this here..

Ideally, a 1.5'' drop (first pic) -- 2nd pic (slammed)

967440FF-CD17-4649-A498-D92D44B88FE2-144

967440FF-CD17-4649-A498-D92D44B88FE2-144

nice ride man! def get the drop in there asap. even if you do it before the 4.10's itll look 100x better and you will enjoy it more walking up to it ;)    either way the 4.10's will kick you in the balls compared to the stock gears in there!

thanks! I got a buncha parts waiting to go in, and its been snowing a shit load so can't do anything now.. I gotta try and re work my X pipe so it can sit up further.. The longtubes don't really hang low, its the damn x pipe lol. the 4.10s are gonna be sick!

Car looks great!

I might know a guy that has H&R super sports and Prothane poly isolators for sale  ;) .

thank you. Haha, I can't go that low, wish i could. The streets here are way too nasty for that kind of a drop.. I'd be leaning towards the eibach pro kit for a nice 1.5'' drop. appreciate the offer though!

• Moderators

thank you. Haha, I can't go that low, wish i could. The streets here are way too nasty for that kind of a drop.. I'd be leaning towards the eibach pro kit for a nice 1.5'' drop. appreciate the offer though!

Oh come on... they're a 2.0" front, 1.6" rear drop.  Isolators will bring it back up a touch.  Help me fund my coilovers (need to sell the springs and front control arms lol)!

Oh come on... they're a 2.0" front, 1.6" rear drop.  Isolators will bring it back up a touch.  Help me fund my coilovers (need to sell the springs and front control arms lol)!

LOL. Believe me they were my first choice, but i can't do it that low.. List that shit on craigslists and corral if you didn't already

• Moderators

LOL. Believe me they were my first choice, but i can't do it that low.. List that shit on craigslists and corral if you didn't already

I have.  Only interest is low ballers on the springs... $180 shipped lol.

H&R SuperSports aren't too low of a drop dude even if your streets are a little crappy.  Unless you're going up some insanely steep driveways or hitting huge potholes it won't be a problem.

I DD mine though.. Its too risky. I drive over speed bumps like 5 days a week, and most driveways are pretty steep going up and backing out. I'm gonna focus on making the X sit higher than I'll see what i can get away with.

I have.  Only interest is low ballers on the springs... $180 shipped lol.

Welcome to the club.. i've been trying to sell a buncha stuff, all you get is low ballers.. $180s a good price.

I have the vert springs too, so the spring rates are a little different.

ah

H&R SuperSports aren't too low of a drop dude even if your streets are a little crappy.  Unless you're going up some insanely steep driveways or hitting huge potholes it won't be a problem.

• Moderators

Welcome to the club.. i've been trying to sell a buncha stuff, all you get is low ballers.. $180s a good price.

Yeah it is... if you're the buyer.  I've got $260 in them and they've just sat in my garage floor lol.

• Supporting Member

Try selling a specialty car where youve fixed, replaced or repaired the most expensive part of the entire car (the drivetrain) and people question how good of shape a pair of $40 bushings are....  :wacko:  Forget people, the right buyer eventually comes along. I am looking forward to buying all of my parts at a discount this round and I consider even 10% off a good enough savings!

Yeah it is... if you're the buyer.  I've got $260 in them and they've just sat in my garage floor lol.

Touche.. I've taken losses on stuff.. Got electric exhaust cutouts, worth 500 sold for $325. sucks but its better than just watching them collect dust

I do as well haha.

HAHA

Now that we've completely derailed this thread....

Sorry @the5.ohh

Lmao no biggie man idc.

well honestly do you think .25" is going to make a big difference in what roads and where you can drive you car?

Honestly, not sure man.. Once I get the x pipe sitting up higher, I'm gonna measure and see how much clearance I'll have and go from there. Do you have a pic of your ground clearance? We both have LTs, and I know your on 18s

• Moderators

Touche.. I've taken losses on stuff.. Got electric exhaust cutouts, worth 500 sold for $325. sucks but its better than just watching them collect dust

No problem taking a loss, I just want to minimize it is all.  Especially since I will not be able to get my coils at a discount; no one ever seems to have MM coils up for sale.

And the x pipe is the issue because your lazy and it's not tucked up , there is no reason you can't go as low as all of us , the roads aren't any worse then then where I live ... Remember what I told you joe on how to tuck the x pipe up ... You should prolly do that this weekend

Best thing I learned is placing a jack under the X pipe before tightening everything up.

Imagine that ? The exact advice I gave him to fix the issue ...

I can't doesn't work in these parts unless it's I can't afford it at this time

My longtubes aren't the problem, its the x pipe

Loosen x pipe at headers, jack up x pipe until bottomed out on floor. Tighten x pipe at headers with jack still underneath. If its touching the floor, you might have to adjust it a tad. I rocked x pipe and side exhaust without hangers for a while, at my slammed height.

And the x pipe is the issue because your lazy and it's not tucked up , there is no reason you can't go as low as all of us , the roads aren't any worse then then where I live ... Remember what I told you joe on how to tuck the x pipe up ... You should prolly do that this weekend

Imagine that ? The exact advice I gave him to fix the issue ...

I can't doesn't work in these parts unless it's I can't afford it at this time

I know you told me that dude, I am gonna do exactly what you said. I can't now because of all the snow.

Loosen x pipe at headers, jack up x pipe until bottomed out on floor. Tighten x pipe at headers with jack still underneath. If its touching the floor, you might have to adjust it a tad. I rocked x pipe and side exhaust without hangers for a while, at my slammed height.

Thats exactly what I'm gonna do. @Musturd told me that word for word the other day. Once all the snow clears up I'm gonna do it. thanks man

I know you told me that dude, I am gonna do exactly what you said. I can't now because of all the snow.

Thats exactly what I'm gonna do. @Musturd told me that word for word the other day. Once all the snow clears up I'm gonna do it. thanks man

Oh yea I forgot you guys get snow ... lol I only got snow once this year so far ... We're supposed to get up to 6" on Saturday and more Sunday

Oh yea I forgot you guys get snow ... lol I only got snow once this year so far ... We're supposed to get up to 6" on Saturday and more Sunday

Lmao I wish mother nature would forget about us and bring that shit somewhere else lol. Lucky you. We got it twice this year and just again monday, 8-10"... 6-8" more today and over a foot over the weekend... Fucking winter lol. I really can't wait to fix the X. then 100% its getting dropped, no questions asked

Well it looks like I'll be having my gears done pretty soon.. Waiting on a deal for a speedcal and I'll be good to go.. Toying with the idea of adding a T-Lok rebuild kit, but idk how much more I'll be charged.

Fuck yeah Joe you're gonna love those things

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Aye looks whos on here too! haha. Yeah I'm gonna buy the t-lok rebuild kit, waiting on the speedcal than its ready to get geared.

Little update. It's been around 4 weeks since I had the 4.10s, new bearings, t-lok rebuild, speedcal and 70mm tb put on. Car is a whole other beast now, still slow LOL. But definitely a huge improvement. And had I known what I know now, I would've never done a cai, maf, headers etc.. Just some gears.. Car has been running pretty rough, check engine light's on.. O2 sensors are shot, and my EGR valve is too. So I'll be getting new O2 sensors hopefully tomorrow and throw those in. Also got my rear lca bolts, so i'll be installing my J&M LCA's tomorrow too. Ordered new front swaybar endlinks with bushings, once that comes, those will get installed aswell. Other than what I just wrote out, nothing else is planned.. Except saving for a T5 conversion kit.