Venom351R

Most Extreme Racing Event On Earth: The Isle Of Man TT

These guys are going Moto GP speeds through towns and the countryside. Its sad that the US does not cover more types of racing from around the world, but hey we get to listen to Darrel Waltrip's alzheimer induced rants every week! 

These guys are going Moto GP speeds through towns and the countryside. Its sad that the US does not cover more types of racing from around the world, but hey we get to listen to Darrel Waltrip's alzheimer induced rants every week! 

No argument there... Nascar is without a doubt the most boring form of racing on the planet in my opinion. I'm sure it'd be exciting if I was in the car, but I'm not and I don't have the attention span to watch cars drive in a circle 500x lol.

You know how people dream of traveling the world? I'd love to do that with a twist, and travel the world for a year attending different racing events from all over. That would be the best year ever.

That would be awesome! There are tons of different racing events in Europe that are quite popular but we don't see it around here. Seems like the only thing we get here is Indy racing other then Nascar which I find both equally as boring. Moto GP racing is quite popular but with only a few racers being from America it does not get main stream coverage here. I always forget what racing series it is called but I think its done over in Europe but its the type w/ the BMW's and Porsche and other car makes all in the same race on road courses. Thats fun to watch as well. The Speed channel is a poor excuse of a racing channel, its just another extension of Nascar.

• Moderators

You know how people dream of traveling the world? I'd love to do that with a twist, and travel the world for a year attending different racing events from all over. That would be the best year ever.

While NASCAR is kinda boring... then again it isn't.  I used to hate it until I took stock of how much math, physics, strategy, etc. those rednecks can do on the fly.  It's pretty ridiculous.  I've almost got my wife talked into travelling the country to visit different tracks and events.  My best chance is Sonoma since it is wine country.

these guys have more balls than brains.  they must have specially designed seats with giant holes cut out of them so they can fit their massive testicles. 

I cant stand listening to him, every time he opens his mouth I want to smash him in the face w/ a cast iron frying pan. I hate how he references racing from when he did it as if it has any kind of similarity to what it is like now. I dont watch Nascar as much as I used to but I deff watch it more once its off Fox and I hate the overall excessive leg humping of Dale JR by pretty much everyone. 

A couple of those tank slappers made me cringe. I think the one really bad one turned into a save at the end but I can't be sure because whatever dipshit made the video cut to the next clip before it showed whether he saved it or not lol

I was wondering if he saved it as well or not. Those bikes must have either built in or aftermarket stabilizers on them for some of them to get out of shape as they do and not have them lose it.

I would assume at those speeds on that course that they would almost be required a stabilizer at those speeds.  They don't weight  much and the price for failure of not having one would be pretty severe.

In the first video I posted at 2:03 and 2:23 and the frame pictured in the video by Psychorugby Its the #1 Honda CBR 1000RR ridden by John McGuinness and the 2013 1000RR comes standard with an electronic steering damper. Many of the newer liter bikes come with electronic steering dampers. I wonder if this is what has led to a decrease in deaths and accidents over the years. From what I read the race was under a lot of speculation due to how dangerous it had become ( as newer bikes come along so does faster speeds) but now technology is catching back up in the other direction with things like ABS and traction control being added to motorcycles. 

Not surprisingly, NASCAR and NHRA are what I'm most knowledgeable on but I enjoy all kinds of racing and I really want to dedicate more time to some others.

My girlfriend doesn't need convincing to travel around the globe, but I gave us another reason to visit Monaco in any case:

http://www.businessinsider.com/monaco-grand-prix-photos-2014-5

Bump for some bike camera action!!

http://mylifeatspeed.com/guy-martin-on-a-superbike-mission-isle-of-man-tt-2014/

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

man that catches the perspective of a sport bike if you have never been on one.  I had a 600 years ago and I was lucky to only walk away in a cast for 3 months as I had no business riding one like I did.  Unfortunatly I learned from some guys that were nice enough to show me the basics, and then I had to keep up.....  I can remember more then a few times were I was just flat out lucky with how the acceleration of the thing surprised me.  I can remember one time I was following a car doing 55(in a 65) and when I could finally pass I downshifted and floored it while leaning to turn.  Again the acceleration (at 55mph) surprised the hell out of me as I ended up a lot closer to the car then I wanted to be to go around it, and then the rev limiter surprised me that I was going that fast already.  

• Moderators

not sure how adding a cage/protection for the driver, extra traction and less pwr/weight ratio and no need to lean makes it more extreme but fun none-the-less

Because he's the only one doing it.

Eh, I'm with Scott on this one. The WRX run is definitely still pretty crazy though.

In this day and age I'm surprised that something like the Isle of Man is even still allowed. The riders have got to be some of the most fearless people on the planet though.

Yeah b/c being in a caged car is SOOOOOO much more dangerous and "extreme" then on a motorcycle lol

Because he's the only one doing it.

Does not matter if hes the only one or not, the fact is hes not going at the speeds that these bikes reach. Its just inherently more dangerous on a bike then in a car, no arguing that.

• Moderators

Ok fine... sheesh... wrong choice of words.  The WRX beat the lap time of all the bikes, which is pretty damn impressive since they should be moving faster than a much heavier car.

The traction is much diffrent, 4 wheels with AWD VS 1 drive wheel on a bike and much smaller contact patch. Overall top speeds of the bikes are faster ( top speed of the WRX was only 162 where the bikes are going through sections at 175+.