eskyseal281

315s in front?

i was on my way home from work last night and saw a very modded 94-95 GT. I really didnt get a long time to look, it was about to leave the gas station...so i took a quick peek. things i noticed was a T1 spoiler (only seen a few before), volk te-37 looking wheels with nitto nt555 315/35/17" tires UP FRONT!!!! how is that possible? swear i am not on crack....didnt have time to take picture...please someone ever see a setup like this????????

Sounds like a sweet ride, even sounds kind of familiar. Too bad you couldn't get some pics. I'm not sure about the 315s...I don't imagine they'd work without modification, but someone else will have to chime in with info.

You can make it fit. I know someone else other than iRoush is rocking them..... Just can't remember their name

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

unless your corner carving the extra expense and weight just doesn't seem worth the look to me.  How many people are really going to check front tire sized to make the OOOO WOW favor worth it?

• Moderators

unless your corner carving the extra expense and weight just doesn't seem worth the look to me.  How many people are really going to check front tire sized to make the OOOO WOW favor worth it?

More than you would think.

• Moderators

I wouldn't exactly call them stock... lol!  Days of fender rolling and pulling.

Haha, you know what I meant.  They aren't flared.  I wish I could talk to someone there about doing this on my car.

Haha, you know what I meant.  They aren't flared.  I wish I could talk to someone there about doing this on my car.

Get a fender roller and go to town!

We talked with Griggs about it and he said it was done using only a fender roller, going carefully and very slowly.  It was apparently done over a period of a month or so... lol!

• Moderators

Get a fender roller and go to town!

We talked with Griggs about it and he said it was done using only a fender roller, going carefully and very slowly.  It was apparently done over a period of a month or so... lol!

I've got nothing but time and a shell of a car sitting on jack stands.

either way, im assuming if you have a decent offset, and a spacer or two.. the 315's wouldnt be that bad.  with my inner fender liners removed, my front tires only rub on the sway bar, and they are only 255/45/17.   cannot remember my offset though.

yeah car i saw had "stock" appearing fenders...but think you guys must be right...fender rolling tool time involved. Coming home from work again tonight i saw it but it was two car ahead of me...but it did have center exhaust...not sure i liked it, different though.

yeah car i saw had "stock" appearing fenders...but think you guys must be right...fender rolling tool time involved. Coming home from work again tonight i saw it but it was two car ahead of me...but it did have center exhaust...not sure i liked it, different though.

interesting, get us some pics next time you run across it!

i will try to grab some pics...have camera ready for drive home tonight...feel like a stalker! I live in watsonville CA...near monterey (think Laguna Seca Raceway)...anyone else out in CA??? hope someone else has seen this car....thought i saw a GR40 logo on it....so it had some work done in bay area.

unless your corner carving the extra expense and weight just doesn't seem worth the look to me. How many people are really going to check front tire sized to make the OOOO WOW favor worth it?

lol my 315's on the 18x11's weigh less than the 285's on 18x9.5's. The weight difference is all relative to the wheel you choose, and when you start getting into large wheels with odd ball offsets, both your wallet and your wheels get lighter.