Fast95

HIDs v.s. LEDs

I am on the fence. I just saw that 50resto.com is selling a LED conversion that looks like it is a plug n play setup, except they note that 99-04 require some trimming. I would like to upgrade my headlights from phillips bulbs to either LED or HID. here is the link to the LED lights.... http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-9007LED/Mustang-Headlight-LED-Bulb-Kit-94-04%C2'> . anyone out there that can "shine some light" on this topic??????

Ive been looking into LED headlight technology for quite some time now. It seems as if they suffer from the same issues that LED bulbs do. In that the housings on our cars are not designed for them. 

Id expext to see alot of cooling fan failures, which can ultimately lead to melted bulbs, damaged housings, and other issues up to and including fires.

I can't imagine an LED bulb in our headlights would be nearly bright enough; says they're 50 watt though so I'd be interested to see how they look.  The ones that come OEM usually have several perfectly aimed lenses to put the light right where it needs to be.

I am having a hard time deciding on what direction to go with the headlights for my cars. I will probably go retrofits due to the lenses being smoked and have the inside painted black to try and take attention away from the retrofits.

I am having a hard time deciding on what direction to go with the headlights for my cars. I will probably go retrofits due to the lenses being smoked and have the inside painted black to try and take attention away from the retrofits.

I would go clear lenses and painted housings, you'll get a smoked look without sacrificing light output.

I am looking at doing the led conversion on my car. I have hid on my car. I wanted to do the led swap but the retro fit lights use an h1 type bulb. So I will have to make my own harness going off the 9007 hid harness going to the h1 led harness. But I'm still looking to see which would be brighter on the h1 bulbs...

http://www.ledsmagazine.com/articles/2007/11/led-headlamp-from-hella-to-appear-on-cadillac.html

HellaCadillac2.jpg

and if you need more proof, check out Audi's website dedicated to FULL LED's  headlights.

http://www.audileds.com/

A6 headlights

a6-hl-lowbeam.jpg

A8 Headlights

a8-hl-daytime.jpg

and R8 headlights :D

r8-hl-lowbeam.jpg

LOL ok bud i believe you. But im just saying, being able to adapt it to many other types of car. But yes those that are making they aftermarket LED lights are still coming up with better ways to help make the aftermarket lights fit and work as factory lights. But yes bud i believe you lol

Tomato, tamato. 

LOL ok bud i believe you. But im just saying, being able to adapt it to many other types of car. But yes those that are making they aftermarket LED lights are still coming up with better ways to help make the aftermarket lights fit and work as factory lights. But yes bud i believe you lol

I'm glad you believe me lol.  

Just for instance, my HID's in my Jeep have way more lux then those LED conversions I listed. (not talking about the light bars.)

I understand as much as anyone of the need to have the latest greatest but if you really want the newest coolest headlights then you need to look at the laser headlights.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/laser-powered-headlight.htm

BMW says they have the ability to be 1000 times more powerful then led lights.

I keep wanting to mount a 30" flood beam LED light bar behind my scion grille and wire it up to my high beams, so every time some dipshit with candle headlights on their 2000 Saturn or other similar car flashes me thinking I have my high beams on because I have HID projectors, I can burn out their retinas and return the favor.