Steve-Oh

The iPhone 6 Discussion

Seems like there's an ongoing discussion in the shoutbox about it, so why not have a thread!  I know the iOS / Android debate is strong and can get heated but maybe, just maybe this could be civil! B-)

I'm getting the 4.7" 64GB. I never liked the bigger phones and I dont want one. $300 for 64GB is a great price. My contract is not up until mid Nov though so I still have a bit of a wait until I can get one.

I LOVE APPLE!  and am probably the only person to say that has never owned any of their gear.  I love them because I got their stock almost 2 yrs ago now, the dividends are good and it was nice to see a 7 to 1 split! 

So all you Iphone5 people you know you have to have the 6, run out and buy it now :)

I just buy iPhones so I can tell people I own an iphone. Iphone is like the 03/04 cobra of the phone world. They may not be the best, but they're cool to brag about.

There's a reason no one really cares when the new Galaxy or whatever phone comes out. But when the new iphone is released, the whole world stops and stares.

Cheaper than free?

how is it free?

I just buy iPhones so I can tell people I own an iphone. Iphone is like the 03/04 cobra of the phone world. They may not be the best, but they're cool to brag about.

don't be that guy

I'm getting the 4.7" 64GB. I never liked the bigger phones and I dont want one. $300 for 64GB is a great price. My contract is not up until mid Nov though so I still have a bit of a wait until I can get one.

how is that a great price, i can buy a 128gb micro SD for my phone for under $20.

Iphone is the most cliche phone out there and the stupid mass hysteria that comes along with it is the main reason I'll never own anther one. That and the camera and speakers on my one m8 far surpass anything the gayphone will put out.

iphone is Like the stance only guys of the car world.... Bryan notice I said stance only lol

• Supporting Member

I fail to see other people's buying habits, behaviors and or preferences impact my decision of what's best for me. If you do so, even with just a modicum of reverence take any of those factors into account you yourself are just as guilty as your accused.

Lol. Technology has ruined this world. Have fun Apple swingers. It's the people that think Apple is God's gift to technology that turns me off from it. Much similar, Subaru owners are why I hate Subarus, because of their self righteous attitude. Much like Kanye. Just saying. Not trying to ruffle feathers, I just dislike Apple, along with Subaru and Kanye.

Android owns 80.2 percent of smartphone market share worldwide, while Apple owns just 14.8 percent.  Just saying and this is where I will exit.

Can you link me to your source?  this is the only thing i could find

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2014/06/04/apples-u-s-iphone-market-share-holding-steady/

Apple at 41.4% and android phones at 45.1%

Can you link me to your source?  this is the only thing i could find

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2014/06/04/apples-u-s-iphone-market-share-holding-steady/

Apple at 41.4% and android phones at 45.1%

That link is for the U.S. only.  Steve's info is for global market share.

What I found: http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp

• Supporting Member

Apple: 1 phone. Android: 600+ does anyone need me to do the maths or do you comprehend talking singular about phones? iPhone still owns by a large margin whereas android operating system holds a majority of devices. Barriers to entry or ownership are a large reason for this as the iPhone has been higher from a price point and carrier option. Apple released they are targeting the higher class consumer as opposed to android who targets the budget based consumer. I feel like the debate is more telling when you observe all the facts and remove emotion.

http://www.cnet.com/news/android-on-600-phones-and-tablets-in-less-than-four-years/

in case anyone is wondering, this does actually work.    long story short, submerge the electronics of the phone in rubbing alcohol after submerging your phone into water, and it will fix it.

Many people do buy the iphone b/c it is popular and that is the only reason why, I'm getting my third b/c I have had good luck w/ them, never had one break on me and I like the features and the lay outs of the phones. I cant speak for other peoples buying habbits either, nor could I careless why they buy what they buy

Yes it was. I was waiting for you to tell us how epic the new iPhone is

Oh. Well although I'm not getting the iPhone 6 because my old iPhone 4 works perfectly fine and I have better things to spend my money on, I'll gladly tell the world how epic it is.

It's pretty fucking epic.

600epicwinq.jpg