Det_Riot

Turn signal question.

Noticed last night that my turn signals happened to not be working. I never recalled them not working before so I always assumed they worked. I noticed when sitting at a light that there was no flashing in the ground or clicking of relay. When I get home I'm going to make sure the relay is still plugged in. The goofy thing though is that the hazards do work still. Could the flasher relay still be the culprit?

Check fuse location 1 and 9 under the dash.  Looks like the hazards and blinkers might be separate fuses? With your recent wiring wanting issues maybe one of those are blown? 

2010-12-10_162559_air.gif

Did you check your turn signal fluid?!?? Sounds like it might be a liter of cola low!!!!! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someone watched super troopers last night haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you used the hazards lately?  Dust can collect around the switch and get pushed down inside of it when pushed and cause it to not make contact, and the hazard switch is the last part of the circuit they go through.

have you used the hazards lately?  Dust can collect around the switch and get pushed down inside of it when pushed and cause it to not make contact, and the hazard switch is the last part of the circuit they go through.

yeah, I used them yesterday to cehck to see if they worked

that would be your problem then.  Just go and push the switch on/off 6-8 times and it should clean the switch out and it will start working again.  You might want to take a damp q-tip and clean around it first just to be sure you do not push any more in it.

if you were to see the circuit, the turn signal wires go through the hazard switch.  So yes even if the hazards didn't work before the switch could now be dirty and messing up the signal.  This could also be why your hazards are not working.

I'll check those tonight @Blackmage. @Prokiller I did the cyther method with running a wire to the 3rd brake light and cutting the other by the kick panel with the different flasher relay

okay good but how did you wire in the extra bulb?  if memory serves right, you have to cut the brown wire from the bulb so as to not allow it to be a dual filament.  Also, just to be clear, they did work when you originally installed the exports right?  just only recently the ceased to work

okay good but how did you wire in the extra bulb? if memory serves right, you have to cut the brown wire from the bulb so as to not allow it to be a dual filament. Also, just to be clear, they did work when you originally installed the exports right? just only recently the ceased to work

That is correct Ryan. I was fairly sure that they worked even after the dash swap and everything so I'm not 100% sure when they stopped working