kellogg

Kelloggs cobra

As of right now its a 357 ci Windsor 8.5:1/9:1 comp(not exactly sure as I've just had heads resurfaced..trick flow heads.custom ground hyd flat tappet bullet cam.-8 fuel delivery.single plane intake bunged for fuel injectors. Billet flywheel kevlar clutch..currently on 4th T5 transmission.alum. driveshaft 3.73 rears. 315 drag radials..and I'm putting together a twin turbo set up for it now

No never had the 00 R style..I have had two of the 4" cowl r style tho..(as I had a latch failure at around 100 mph..also lost the winshield, pass. Mirror, sail panel, and fender on that one) :(

No never had the 00 R style..I have had two of the 4" cowl r style tho..(as I had a latch failure at around 100 mph..also lost the winshield, pass. Mirror, sail panel, and fender on that one) :(

Lol okay I bought my current hood from a guy who now has a cervinis single step. Been there done that with the hood failure lol not fun

I may have to switch the cervinis back out for my 4" cowl with these turbos for clearance..I'll cross that bridge when I get there I guess..as far as when the hood came off I have haggerty insurance..they're great to work with

its coming along. be done by spring..problem im running into now is clearance with drivers side down pipe and brake booster. the cobras have a pretty large vacuum booster on the 94-95s. and i dont believe i have enough room length wise to switch to hydro boost. so im looking at using a MM manual brake conversion..any body try this? any input?

Sweet car man.  I like it.  That Cervini's smooth cowl is one of my favorites.  I've always really liked those DD '95 Rs too.  Of course I have the tried and true R58 Cobra Rs on my car, so I'm a bit biased.  I do have the MM Manual brake conversion in my '94 Cobra, though I have not driven the car with it, so I might not be of much help if you're looking for driving impressions, but it's very high quality and lots of extra room in the bay.  I could get some pics for you though if you're interested in seeing how much room it gives.

That's weird they haven't got back with you on the master cylinder.  They are usually pretty good about answering emails.  I believe they recommend the stock Cobra 15/16" bore master cylinder though.  I think an older Ranger master cylinder has the same diameter bore but the lines exit the opposite side of the unit if you want more room on the engine side, though I can't remember what years exactly.  Here's a few pics I took.  It sticks out about 8.25" and is about 5" from the valve cover. 

CAM00355_zpswr2w4kem.jpg

CAM00353_zps4gauv3zo.jpg

CAM00350_zpsbsbtzumh.jpg

IMG_4270_zps454457d0.jpg

IMG_4272_zpsd8668196.jpg

IMG_4281_zps5b287616.jpg

yea.. i have yet to get a reply from them..thanks for the info and pics..that helps a lot.. have you had a chance to try out this system yet. i was curious about the pedal effort on the factory power master cylinder(without booster) vs. getting one from a non power assist car/truck. i would think you might be better off sizing the master cylinder to system to get more pressure with less effort( although i dont know the formula for it).

Take a cold shower not a hot one, what I was told and seems to work after I've handled insulation.

Steve-oh also just gets off to the thought of full grown men taking freezing cold showers.... Troubled, troubled man.

Steve-oh also just gets off to the thought of full grown men taking freezing cold showers.... Troubled, troubled man.

. Haha In that case. I just turned off all the heat.I've opened up all the doors and windows in my house..it's snowing outside. Got the shower on full cold. Standing in a bucket of ice. Drinking a big gulp frozen slurpee

. Haha In that case. I just turned off all the heat.I've opened up all the doors and windows in my house..it's snowing outside. Got the shower on full cold. Standing in a bucket of ice. Drinking a big gulp frozen slurpee

Lmaoooo [emoji23]

ill be back on it soon.. almost done with a HGTV project i got going on in my basement.

feel free to share that too! As you can see we appreciate build threads of all types :)