Tabres

Vibrating button on e-brake handle

So it's as simple as just yanking the actual e-brake handle off (they just pull off, right?), wrap it, then re-install the handle?

I didn't pull mine out. I just wrapped whatever was exposed of the button with the ebrake on and was done with it. 

I looked real quick on Google to see if anyone had some pics that would show it better.... didn't really see anything helpful. I saw someone suggested using a piece of heat shrink tubing instead of electrical tape though and thought that is a good idea too if you can find an appropriately sized piece. Maybe just put a little dab of glue down on the button then slide the heat shrink down it, rather than try to shrink it normally.

I would assume it points to a bigger problem of something out of balance or something? Like I said I have never had it be a problem in my car.

Out of balance? Wut?

I'm not sure what would be out of balance to cause the plastic button in the e-brake handle to vibrate.  I'm guessing it's just due to production tolerances with a plastic button in a mass produced, 20- year-old Ford - in my case in a car that is really stiffly sprung and has no rubber bushings left anywhere in the suspension.

I wrapped mine in tape the other night.  Haven't gotten a chance to drive it yet and see the result because the registration expired yesterday.  Never got my renewal notice, I'm guessing because I never updated the address on my license when I moved 2 years ago.  Going to make the trip to the DMV tonight after work.  Dreading it...

Another option would be a piece of gloss black heat shrink that is big enough to fit over the button, then trim it to length, slip it on and hit it with a heat gun.

Something like this:

https://www.wirecare.com/product.asp?pn=WC03865633

It's interesting you posted this suggestion today.  Literally just last night I pulled the tape off of mine and put a piece of heat shrink that I had laying around on it instead.  The tape did the job fine but was getting kind of nasty as I used the brake while working on the car with dirty hands.  With the heat-shrink there is no sticky residue for this to happen.