Det_Riot

Egr block off

So I'm starting my car today finally. Can't figure out for the life if me wtf I need to do with the exhaust pipe for the egr valve that I don't have anymore. I've heard a 5/8' coarse thread cap fits our but I bought one and it's way too damn small. It won't even fit over the threads. What the hell?

I'm not sure how much difference there is on these between the SN and the Foxes, but I ended up putting a short length of rubber hose over the tube then a bolt in the hose.  Then used hose clamps to hold.

Of course you could also weld it up.

I don't have a push rod but with my headers I just did what prokiller did and stuck a coin in it then tightened the heck out of it.  Never gave me any issues.  I would try that if you still have your egr pipes, just cut the pipe and take the nuts out.

5/8 brass cap won't even begin to thread on, its too small, and a 3/4 is far too big. Ive never had egr on the car so I can't do the penny thing either

5/8 brass cap won't even begin to thread on, its too small, and a 3/4 is far too big. Ive never had egr on the car so I can't do the penny thing either

that's what's on my Mac headers 5/8 pipe thread brass cap got it from lowes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's what's on my Mac headers 5/8 pipe thread brass cap got it from lowes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Success. I must of gotten a straight thread cap instead of npt. I'll post the link in a second!

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Watts-58-in-Threaded-Cap-Fitting/3824559

quick question - what did you do to block off / remove the EGR?

I never had it in my car. So I just had to cap the port on the header

quick question - what did you do to block off / remove the EGR?

on a stock car you can either do the cap on the manifold or the penny method like i did.  the throttle body elbow side, get yourself a 351c fuel pump block off plate.  bolts right up in place of the EGR.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-1517?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKEAjw5J6sBRDp3ty_17KZyWsSJABgp-OaxBHBvev-0prtuB91rp1lPhn4GMJbgRxfS2x9kapGTRoCjbHw_wcB

on a stock car you can either do the cap on the manifold or the penny method like i did.  the throttle body elbow side, get yourself a 351c fuel pump block off plate.  bolts right up in place of the EGR.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-1517?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKEAjw5J6sBRDp3ty_17KZyWsSJABgp-OaxBHBvev-0prtuB91rp1lPhn4GMJbgRxfS2x9kapGTRoCjbHw_wcB

That will do!  Thanks man!