Brian

Functional Heat Extractor Hoods

Curious to know what the best heat extractor hood there is on the market for our cars. Hopefully this thread will help answer any questions that others might have.

The three that come to mind for me are:

1 - Cervini's 03/04 Cobra

2 - Saleen (Actual, Dugan Racing, etc)

3 - ReplicaR / Mavisky style custom

Are there any other choices?

Which one would be the best for actual heat extraction?

Thanks,

Brian

Tiger Racing makes the best heat extractor hoods, but I don't know if thay make them for SN95s.

Paul.

They used to. I'm not sure if they sell them anymore though as their entire website has been taken down for the use of facebook...

Yeah. Paul @ Tiger is still very much in business, and making parts. One of the vendors over there got in touch with him and arranged the group buy. It's like 10-15% off, depending on fiberglass vs carbon fiber. His hoods are so bitchin'. I want to buy one, but I'm saving for a pretty expensive house right now, so Mustang mods are on hold.

Paul.

I was looking at the Niche PI hood before I settled on my Cervini's, decided against it mainly because I couldn't find anyone who actually had one to ask how well it fit. The design is very cool and the removable tray under the heat extractor is a very cool feature.

The Grigg's GR40 hood no doubt has to be one of the best and was my first choice (even though you'll be shattering a few piggy banks for it), but the fact that it is pin-on only killed it for me more than anything.

gr40hood.jpg

I was looking at the Niche PI hood before I settled on my Cervini's, decided against it mainly because I couldn't find anyone who actually had one to ask how well it fit. The design is very cool and the removable tray under the heat extractor is a very cool feature.

The Grigg's GR40 hood no doubt has to be one of the best and was my first choice (even though you'll be shattering a few piggy banks for it), but the fact that it is pin-on only killed it for me more than anything.

gr40hood.jpg

They're very nice and I still want a GR-40 rear spoiler too personally haha.

as for the Niche 00R hood, I know a couple people that have it and they are of incredible quality. They have a removable pan on the underside of the hood for rainy days or car washing which is nice.

that's the vacuum bagged carbon version. the fiberglass one is $700 iirc.

The site that I found that picture at has the fiberglass hood listed at $599

I contacted Tiger-Racing on FB to get more info on where I can purchase their products since their FB page doesn't have much and their eBay profile didn't have much either. Still waiting to hear back from them though.

Thanks Brett. That was the naming I was looking for. If I can find a respectable vendor I would definitely consider getting their fiberglass version.

Thanks again everyone for the information provided. Hopefully this thread will provide some help to others besides just myself!

Thanks Brett. That was the naming I was looking for. If I can find a respectable vendor I would definitely consider getting their fiberglass version.

Thanks again everyone for the information provided. Hopefully this thread will provide some help to others besides just myself!

I think they'll sell it direct. (626)967-6796.

Lol at all the threads getting locked due to the 100 post rule so people can get to know you . Meanwhile post and numerous others have been around for quite some time

Lol at all the threads getting locked due to the 100 post rule so people can get to know you . Meanwhile post and numerous others have been around for quite some time

if we didn't enforce the rule for everybody than what's the point having a rule at all? pm brian if you have an issue with that so we do not clutter threads with it.

I wonder why the carbon fiber one would be a lift off but the glass one wouldn't be? or why the CF wouldn't latch. They probably use the same mold for both. Unless they just don't put an inner skin on the carbon fiber.

Find this stuff out haha

The site that I found that picture at has the fiberglass hood listed at $599

I contacted Tiger-Racing on FB to get more info on where I can purchase their products since their FB page doesn't have much and their eBay profile didn't have much either. Still waiting to hear back from them though.

$599 for the Niche hood or the tiger-racing?